• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thread

• One piece Pirate warriors series

Votes: 43 10.9%
  • Fire emblem warriors

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Hyrule warriors series

Votes: 177 44.9%
  • Attack of Titans series

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Personal 5 strikers

Votes: 117 29.7%
  • Dragon quest warriors series

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Others

Votes: 23 5.8%

• Total voters

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
My personal favourite is Hyrule warriors age of calamity. I think it has the best mechanics that is true with the source material. Second is fire emblem warriors

Dream musou is pokemon or Nintendo all stars

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Attack on Titan is my favorite but I'd love to see another Gundam game with a 00 campaign. Got ~50 hours into Reborn a while back and didn't like the SEED bias the game had (especially once I dropped the show after that episode).

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Going to get into the whole "Persona 5 strikers isn't a musou" debate which is largely true. It's basically P5-2 without social links and (pretty simplified) action combat.

Xenoblade Warriors needs to happen at some point

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was really impressed by age of calamity and how much of an improvement it was over the first hyrule warriors in terms of utilizing the source material. I genuinely liked having Zelda be a major focus in this story.

Then I played Persona 5 strikers and it straight up feels like a sequel to Persona 5. I wouldnt even mind if this combat system is used in persona 6 over the turn based system.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Kind of want a capcom musou game base on their mediaval beat them up. That or an xmen musou game.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
My dream is a super robot wars musou game where i can play with:

Mazinger (and variations)
Grindaizer
Tetsujin 28
Gundam (and variations)
And most 80's and 90's japanese robot series.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Again, the only thing 'musou' about P5 Strikers is the large number of enemies on the field. The game doesn't have any of the standard tropes of musou games and plays more like an ARPG.

However since OP is also talking about adapting gameplay mechanics base on the source material, I would say Strikers does a great job at that and especially at streamlining and QoL improvements.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Thread should be renamed to which is the best Omega Force developed game, not all the games on that list are musou games.

Persona 5 Strikers is not a musou, and I had to go look up some gameplay of the Attack on Titan game just to double check there wasn't another game I missed, but the gameplay seemed very different too. Neither of those games carry the "Warriors" subtitle either.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Going to get into the whole "Persona 5 strikers isn't a musou" debate which is largely true. It's basically P5-2 without social links and (pretty simplified) action combat.

Xenoblade Warriors needs to happen at some point
I agreee with you, even if it feels less like Persona 5-2 and more like a Movie Sequel to TV series, or an OVA to an Anime.
It still has too much spinoff DNA to be a fullon sequel, even if it does get much closer to one than any other Persona Spinoff before.
The combat itself is still pretty much musou, but the way they built everything around it is very transformative.

Isn't Attack on Titan even less of a Musou game?

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Persona 5 Strikers is probably my favorite, but I also really enjoyed Berserk and I recently started Dragon Quest Heroes (the first one). Also, DW Gundam was pretty dope back in the day. I wish they'd port those or make a new one.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Fire Emblem Warriors was so whack. I really wanted to love it, on paper it seems perfect. But what was there was thoroughly mundane. Which was a shame coming off Hyrule warriors which I enjoyed.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Persona 5 Strikers isn't a musou, as has been stated in upper posts, nor it are the AoT games. Note that the musous always have the word "musou" in their japanese titles, or the word "warriors" in occident.

I will go with Age of Calamity, I really like it as a BotW themed musou. But both P5S and AoT 2 are superlative.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
It was Gundam, I spent a lot of time on each entry and hope they will eventually make a new one.

Other than that, I've always thought Star Wars could work very well as a Musou game. Or a tokusatsu crossover.

didn't like the SEED bias the game had (especially once I dropped the show after that episode).

What episode ? SEED is my favourite Gundam series but I haven't seen it in years, I don't recall there being a problematic episode.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The DQ Heroes games are the best ones (and I wouldn't debate a fan of the genre saying they arent part of the genre), but a bunch of those listed aren't actually musous (thankfully). I want FF done like DQ Heroes.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece Pirate Warriors series hands down.

Has the best gameplay of all KT musou games.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Strikers is my favorite out of these, but it's really not a Musou. So Hyrule Warriors it is.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Age of Calamity by far for me, I don't even like BOTW but really liked the musou take on that world

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I have wanted to see a US Presidents one for a long time. I think they could have a lot of fun cheesing up "facts" about each president that would make for something really funny. It would never happen at this point, but it would have been a big success in early 2000 I think.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Favorite is Persona 5 Strikers but like some people said, it isn't really a Musou, same for Attack on Titan. For the "classic" formula, I vote for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

Dream Musou is Astérix. XXL games are almost that in some situations:

ME0000700261_2.jpg

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
It's obviously Gundam but no one played Musou games before they threw Zelda into them so unfortunately no one else got to experience the Gundam games.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Only crossover I played was One Piece, so that's a cool one. Best dream crossover would obviously be Warhammer, it would be absolutely perfect as a setting.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is the Berserk game they did. Wish it had co-op, but I put a ton of hours into it so it satisfied me.

I would LOVE a Mortal Kombat musou. Huge roster to pull from and plenty of fodder enemies to defeat. That would be a dream come true.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Hyrule Warriors is the best crossover Musou game with Pirate Warriors 3/4 at a close second. The amount of content and variety in those games is crazy.

Persona 5 Strikers is a great game but not a great Musou game. Movesets are uninteresting but is made up by the Persona aspects of the game. It's a good Persona game and a middling Musou game. Complete lack of multiplayer hurts for Musou as well.

Having been non stop playing Attack on Titan this week, it is phenomenal game and great adaption of its source, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone asking for a Musou game. Even though a lot of Musou DNA is there, the combat is too different.

Dream crossover is Final Fantasy.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Hyrule Warriors for me. Haven't played Persona 5 Strikers.

A dream musou would be a Xenoblade Musou, I still hope that will happen one day.
And hopefully they could get Square Enix onboard so they could use some Xenogears characters too.
Like a big whole Xeno-musou, yes that is my dream.

And then one I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet. Power Rangers Musou.
Or just Sentai Musou.

Dec 21, 2020
A dream warriors game would be Xenoblade, the series has more than enough characters to make a warriors game.

Though sadly it would be exclusive, expected though but oh well.

And I don't have a favorite, I got P5S but haven't played it yet. I am actually not too big on the series, but would love to see a Xenoblade one nonetheless

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Hyrule Warriors, but Pirate Warriors 4 is amazing. Also the Berserk one is decent too.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
DQ Heroes 2 is my favourite one. I enjoy Musou combat, but I don't enjoy the whole gameplay structure of traditional Musou games.
Given Guilty Gear got a hugely plot important canon RTS sequel, I'd like to see a Guilty Gear Warriors.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Gundam was my favorite but was wildly inconsistent. 2 was shockingly grindy. 3 was shockingly small in its stages (fun gameplay tho!) and Shin felt like 2.5 somehow with more mechs, and super tiny scale. Don't think the last did well enough to see them return to it with how expensive the IP must be to license.

I liked DQ as well and boy those visuals but it never made my character feel strong which is the entire point of these imo. It scared me away from 2 after beating 1.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love hyrule warriors age of calamity but I believe Fire Emblem Warriors was an important step for the franchise gameplay wise.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I liked DQ as well and boy those visuals but it never made my character feel strong which is the entire point of these imo. It scared me away from 2 after beating 1.
2 feels the same as 1 combat wise, but the structure of the game leans even further away from being a traditional Musou game. 2 is basically an ARPG with small open world areas and combat missions that take place in Musou layout maps.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Big, big, fan of the One Piece Pirate Warriors games.

Other than that, I have no crossover idea. Someone mentioned X-Men, which could work I think. My Hero Academia could possibly work as well, but I'd rather have something closer to a Spider-Man game with that concept.

I'd love to see a brand new Gundam Warriors on PS5/Xbox Series X/S and PC, and probably a sequel to the Arslan one. That story is still ongoing though, maybe when it is finished.

Omegabalmung

Nov 4, 2017
Loved the Gundam warriors games and DQ Heroes.

I would like to see a DC/Marvel warrior game or Yakuza warriors lol

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm biased, but the One Piece Pirate Warriors series perfectly captures the crazy scale of devil fruit powers. Especially in Pirate Warriors 4 with the destructible environments.

f7b4664d472d4b8f85acc90bc1385bc4