• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
You lot are crazy! Bunch of psychopaths if you think pizza, fried chicken or fries are better cold than fresh haha

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
"Woah woah, let's cool that tomato sauce down - no need to get crazy! Oh, and the meat? Better wait for it to get nice and fridge cold; I'll take my burger to go please!"

It makes absolutely no sense and I see it all the time. 100% of the ingredients in pizza are infinitely better hot.

One hundred percent.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Canned tuna.

I have a dumb theory that seafood tastes really good cold because sea creatures usually live in cold waters and therefore are made to taste great when cold.

But that would be why shrimp, scallops, and various fish like tuna, whiting and tilapia are perfectly fine when cold.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You guys must be buying some nasty ass pizza if it tastes better cold than fresh out the oven.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Chicken wings and meatloaf are so good cold.

a lot of cold pizza monsters in this thread, I can't even enjoy my pizza when it starting to cool off while eating it.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you people seriously getting a nice hot pizza delivered to you then putting it in the fridge and waiting for it to go cold? I need answers.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
*mumbles* spaghetti *cough*

french fries/chips

secrets-giving-day-old-french-fries-delicious-second-life.w1456.jpg

Oh thank god, people can quote and outrage at this instead. Bless you

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lasagne.

It's amazing hot, but you get a totally different taste when cold, the deep, sweet, fruitiness of the tomatoes especially.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
It's probably not the same, but there is a lot of food that I like better reheated after sitting overnight. Most braised dishes. Pasta dishes.

Cold fried chicken is pretty good, not better than hot though. Just a different thing.

I do like cold turkey breast and ham better though, thin sliced.

Fruit, pumpkin and sweet potato pies are better cold to me.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Cold lo mein is delicious; pizza, but it needs to have more than the average sauce on it; leftover turkey is a no-brainer as mentioned in this thread already; Taco Bell, but hard shells only!

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Cold pizza is gross, what kind of pizza y'all eating?! I seriously can't think of a food that tastes better when not fresh...like none. I guess wings are doable.

JJDubz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly better but a cold Thanksgiving leftover sandwich is perfect for the post Thanksgiving laziness meal.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm gonna be another vote here for leftover pizza. Cold pizza is all kinds of great and works for breakfast lunch or dinner. And heating it up in the microwave just isn't as good as fresh or cold most of the time.

I'm gonna say leftover bacon as well. I'll often just grab it from the container in the fridge and eat it cold, no regerts about not heating it up

Tuna is another food that I cannot eat warm, and that I will always eat cold

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
pizza taste fine cold, but why wouldn't you just throw it in a small oven real quick to heat it up? so much better, not a fan of hardened cheese & oil.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Many pies are good or even best when cold.
Rotisserie chicken is good cold; in salads or sandiches and such. Goes for many meats; rostbeef etc. I guess if they are only cured it doesn't count as cooked; but deli rostbeef is proper cooked.

Sugar cream pie is absolutely better cold.

Agree on rotisserie chicken too.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Nothing. Literally nothing. Cooked food is better hot than cold in each and every situation.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
All of the chicken answers in this thread I agree with. I haven't had it it in a long time and I don't know how safe it is but it's damn good.

edit: But then chicken salad is a thing... so fuck it, I'm eating cold chicken

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with cold pizza is you can turn it into french toasted pizza, which is objectively* better.