• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
dims

81hwyPiVQAL._SX522_.jpg

15803929209_9470af6014_b.jpg

I have and love all three of those and really hope FROM also has a Sekiro Collectors edition coming.

The bloodborne one must be worth a fortune...

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Does this one count? I mean, it's more of a bundle I guess?
I love it tho. I def rather get a nice special controller than a statue.
i9Bxnce.jpg

I also love this one
UkIXDK3.jpg

Others have already mentioned Bioshock 2, which is one of my favs. The box is beautiful and the contents are great. I had the posters framed immediately. I also have an untouched second copy, just because.
I'm also glad I bought the before mentioned Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition. The box was basically crap and I don't care much for the plush. But that companion book is super cool.

Last edited:

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I got the Octopath Traveler CE today, and I'm liking it a lot.
81LpBhLh4ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Also the Breath of Fire 3 Special Edition
4hudws8v.jpg

I can't find a better picture sadly. Unfortunately the dragon broke and the other stuff got lost over the years :( I wish I was more careful as a child haha

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

b4soxzzws3b9iepivvtk.jpg

The box was huge The inside of it had the signatures of all the devs. Even the Day 1 edition came with a soundtrack CD, a thank you note from the Devs and a map. Nice little touches.

Came to post this. The fact I got it for Amazon's initial price of £99 before they increased it to £140, I think, was a bonus.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm a sucker for a high quality statue. Three of my favorites in the last several years...

142857-142579-21276112.jpg

51Wgo4EbzpL.jpg

Uncharted-4-Libertalia-Collectors-Edition-Compo-Header.jpg

I would have had The Last Guardian on this list too, but the NEOGAF member I bought a preorder from ripped me off. :(

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Fates

Rare physical cart with 3 games on it.

CTpSTihUkAAdZbr.jpg
I got super lucky with this one. I had a class during the Direct so I couldn't watch it live. I rewatched it later and as soon as I got to the part where they mentioned this CE I rushed to Amazon immediately and they still had some up.

Crazy that I've seen the cart alone go for $150.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No love for the Yakuza 6: Song of Life After Hours edition?

918dtKtcdDL._SL1500_.jpg
Was gonna post this one. Its got shit you actually use instead of a statue or something that just collects dust. I like figures and statues as much as the next guy but something like this is refreshing, figuratively and literally. Also that artbook is one of the nicest because most of it is fanart. Its such a nice "thank you" to the fans of the series.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Was gonna post this one. Its got shit you actually use instead of a statue or something that just collects dust. I like figures and statues as much as the next guy but something like this is refreshing, figuratively and literally. Also that artbook is one of the nicest because most of it is fanart. Its such a nice "thank you" to the fans of the series.
A friend of mine admitted he got it solely for the glasses. Can't say I blame him, they look slick!

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII-2. Slim packaging, not weighed down with a giant box that you want to throw away in a month. Has the entire 4 disc OST for the game, something that's actually valuable and complete and will save me money. There's even a small artbook built into the packaging.

Fire Emblem Fates

Rare physical cart with 3 games on it.

CTpSTihUkAAdZbr.jpg

Pre ordering this was a nightmare.

Apr 8, 2018
One of my faves is probably the Halo Reach Legendary Edition. Very nice presentation and packaging they did with this one:
1279927908reach.jpg

Another one of my faves that's kind of odd, is the Borderlands 2 Deluxe Vault Hunters Edition. I remember trying to preorder the Loot Box Edition at the time, but they were sold out so I preordered this version instead. I believe it was $100 at the time, which seems overpriced, but I really liked the Marcus bobblehead. It's pretty decent quality imo and really nails that in game Borderlands look. Still have it to this day in the little vending machine packaging it came in. Also the mini art book was of really great quality. Probably the best mini art book I've ever gotten in a CE/LE. Also, the game was pretty great to boot:
91dF-5HXtZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
61YSo5s50nL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I actually bought the full statue version and kind of regretted it. That journal though is one of the coolest things the series has ever put out.

It even had stuff like sketches for the Mjolnir armor on the back of a receipt to a space cafe complete with fake coffee stains on it.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
15803929209_9470af6014_b.jpg

I have and love all three of those and really hope FROM also has a Sekiro Collectors edition coming.
I had tried hard to get this at a "decent" price, but I think this wasnt released in US :(

Mortal-Kombat-9-Bookend.jpg

The book ends that came with Mortal Kombat 9 are dope.
This was the first ever CE I had bought :) Still using the bookends and this was very decently priced too.

Other than that really liked Witcher 3's CE, God Of War Stone Mason Edition and The Last Guardian's CE.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Breath of the Wild, because it came with something that's actually useful (carrying case)

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
The Last Guardian Collector's Edition is the first to come to mind for me. The statue in particular was really well done.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
x5_578809694c6t.jpg

The Bloodborne Nightmare Edition. A very rare edition form Europe only. I was able to import one when it released. One of my favorites.

Also another one I own, Fallout: New Vegas:

51PB883RIWL.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yall must be joking

that stupid thing was like 150 bucks for a "too small for anything but a cat" sized replica of a helmet and a dvd of who gives a shit

it's the 2nd worst CE i've ever bought lol

Who buys Halo CE's at full retail, though? I think I've gotten all of mine (including the statue that came with Reach ) on deep discount because retailers didn't want those huge boxes taking up space. Same with that huge Titanfall one, I think Best Buy was just giving them away at some point.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if people could breifly list some stuff that comes in these CEs. Its not always apparent from just a picture of boxes. Like that Dreamfall one just looks like 2 discs in a fancy box.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
61YSo5s50nL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I actually bought the full statue version and kind of regretted it. That journal though is one of the coolest things the series has ever put out.

It even had stuff like sketches for the Mjolnir armor on the back of a receipt to a space cafe complete with fake coffee stains on it.

This was what I was going to post. The amount of love that went into this one was frankly insane. My buddy got the one with the big-ass statue...but not for the big ass statue, he just wanted the flame helmet effects that came with the legendary edition. lol.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hnnnng

I have the Nico DVD and funnily enough, I ordered a Japanese copy of Shadow a few days ago, but I would love to have that edition <3

Speaking of CE with T-shirts, I remembered I have this:

iu

It's nice, it even came with a Memory card!

I lost my FF8 tshirt from this edition and still hate myself for it. I think one of my sisters who was helping out with laundry at the time misplaced it, but I was never able to recover it :(

Here's a rare one that's really cool:

M3yGK1I.jpg

B0BAIM6.jpg

Oh wow, this is killer. I would have bought this if I had known about it. This is my favorite CE on this thread so far.

Lucumo

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Tom at XSEED bought a few copies of it during a Falcom weekly special for $11 a pop back in 2008-2009!
Yeah, just rub it in even more...

But well, it's one of those items that are (apparently) being sold for not enough money. Another one that comes to mind is this art book from Kojima Ayami (¥3,400).
NEOBK-892518.jpg

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
4d2017b267ca453924a6440c2110a2f5.png

Not the most impressive, but the presentation, steel case, and the very extensive DVD art gallery with developer commentary made this one of my absolute favorites. They really broke down just how they came up with the world and it gave me a deeper appreciation for the game itself.

Few Collector's Editions are able to do that for me.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
i love that yakuza 6 gave me drinking glasses...i dig artbooks and statues but it's so rare an LE brings something useful

kills me that we'd missed out on cool bowls and sake glasses and such in yakuza 4/etc LE's that stayed in japan

edit oh yeah working designs set the bar in the day