• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Salad

136.jpg

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I would test this for you guys since I saw this post when I was sat near my cat and some citrus, and he's been a Christmas tree assassin lately so it would be a major lifesaver for me.

Disclaimer, these are satsumas.

Test #1 failed

I actually have a satsuma tree, and planned to plant another if it would keep cats away, oh well. Sents doesn't seem to work on animals unless it's a predator's sent.

OP
OP
Ricky_R

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If your setup is really like that you can try cheap runners weaved in and out for the bottom half of the rails or even chicken wire. Example on a balcony:
88959c3e7f181756a017704e870880ae.jpg

Yeah! I already have a short fence in the bottom so my dogs don'r run out when they're in the garage, but I'm considering doing something like that all over.

OP
OP
Ricky_R

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just got home and check this fucker out. :D

He/she even looks cute all curled up there.

20191212_170043cnjpk.jpg

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Stray cats are the worst. Fighting and making noise at night, pissing on walls, shoes, carpets, leaving dirt paw-prints everywhere, dragging shit from the dumpster to your property... It's a nightmare, especially if you own rental property.

I ended up capturing them in cages and releasing them in bumfuck nowhere far away from my place. Spread disease somewhere else, fuckers.

Oh, and there's always one dumbass that feeds them and invites the entire fucking colony over.

OP
OP
Ricky_R

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Stray cats are the worst. Fighting and making noise at night, pissing on walls, shoes, carpets, leaving dirt paw-prints everywhere, dragging shit from the dumpster to your property...

I ended up capturing them in cages and releasing them in bumfuck nowhere far away from my place.

My dilemma is that my neighbor is the owner of one, but there are like 3 more stray cats that roam around my house because they like to feed them if they appear so they stay. I don't think I'm really up to capturing them and releasing them far away.

I will try and find another solution first. And yeah, the loud noises at night and the piss doesn't help at all.

OP
OP
Ricky_R

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My god are you cars ok?!

Yeah they're okay, but I don't enjoy having a brand new car getting dirt, cat paw marks, grease and hair all over. Particularly when I have it cleaned one day to wake up the next one and find it that way.

I don't need to tolerate that shit with pets that aren't mine. Not to mention the piss that at least seemed to have stopped for a while now.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
My dilemma is that my neighbor is the owner of one, but there are like 3 more stray cats that roam around my house because they like to feed them if they appear so they stay. I don't think I'm really up to capturing them and releasing them far away.

I will try and find another solution first. And yeah, the loud noises at night and the piss doesn't help at all.
Yeah neighbours feeding them was a major issue for me as well. They didn't have pets and just fed the cats but I confronted them and explained how harmful and invasive they can be, regarding damage to property, spreading of disease etc. and they stopped feeding them eventually. After that, I ''deported'' the cats to another area and have been feral cat-free ever since.

Feral cats are as or even more harmful as rats, just cuter.

OP
OP
Ricky_R

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah neighbours feeding them was a major issue for me as well. They didn't have pets and just fed the cats but I confronted them and explained how harmful and invasive they can be, regarding damage to property, spreading of disease etc. and they stopped feeding them eventually. After that, I ''deported'' the cats to another area and have been feral cat-free ever since.

Feral cats are as harmful as rats, just cuter.

I think they stopped feeding them a while ago after some other neighbors complained about it, but they (cats) seem to be here to stay either way. I might as well try and work with that scenario and do my best to keep them away from my garage.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yeah they're okay, but I don't enjoy having a brand new car getting dirt, cat paw marks, grease and hair all over. Particularly when I have it cleaned one day to wake up the next one and find it that way.

I don't need to tolerate that shit with pets that aren't mine. Not to mention the piss that at least seemed to have stopped for a while now.
I assume it's not a secure garage and more a car port?

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind cats, even when they kept peeing on my garage, but sleeping on top of my cars that's where I draw the line. ;)
Best way to get cats away from where you dont want them is offer them an alternative.
Get a cat tree set up near the cars. Offer them boxes with towels, warm cozy alternatives.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017

Feral cats are as or even more harmful as rats, just cuter.
So much misinformation here. Community cats can serve very well, especially with rodent problems. Blue collar cats are a good proof for that.
Someone just needs to take responsibility for them in terms of healthcare.

thesaint08

Apr 23, 2018
I had a problem with cats pissing and shitting in the entry between mine and my next door neighbours house. I tried citrus sprays etc. They did nothing. I was scraping up shit, and jet washing the entry continually.
In the summer, the smell was horrendous.
My mum bought me one of these motion detecting units over a year ago.

9219139_R_Z001A

Not had a problem since. It is has been 100% effective for me.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
So much misinformation here. Community cats can serve very well, especially with rodent problems. Blue collar cats are a good proof for that.
Someone just needs to take responsibility for them in terms of healthcare.
They can serve well if their population is curbed, yes. Feral cats can be a major problem. They can harbor disease and disrupt local wildlife, especially bird population. The majority of them are unadoptable.

Best would be to capture, neuter and then release them. No more new cats, there's less fighting and overall more safety, for both life and property.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
They can serve well if their population is curbed, yes. Feral cats can be a major problem. They can harbor disease and disrupt local wildlife, especially bird population. The majority of them are unadoptable.

Best would be to capture, neuter and then release them. No more new cats, there's less fighting and overall more safety, for both life and property.
TNR should and must be covered by local shelter.

other than that there should not be much harm in a little cat colony.

im not talking about adopting them. Community cats are happy outside, live on the streets and do not get very old either.

if you have a cat problem informing shelter, trapping it and getting it neutered is important. Other than that there is not much you can and must do other than watch out for their health.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
just huff glue and eat a bunch of cat food. you'll fall asleep quick before they all really start meowing