• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
That's cool BUT what is the track record for best buys "leaks"? I mean, the LTTP stuff seems weird at the moment.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Metroid prime trilogy?
MJGuwih.gif

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Now we just need to know if it's the vanilla version or not. I already bought the game twice on PS4 and I'll gladly buy the third one on Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Prime Trilogy makes sense as an imminent release. The game is meant to continue the momentum until Prime 4 but Prime 4 barely exists now. Maybe 2020?
With the multi year delay, there's no need to position Trilogy so close to 4 IMO. It can kinda stand as its own release, kinda like the lengthy gap between the Bayonetta ports and Bayonetta 3.

That said, it should be saved for 2020 though. It would be really good filler for gaps between releases, and 2019 truly doesn't need anything else added to it lol. From Mario Maker onwards Nintendo has a lot scheduled.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, is it time to get hyped for Metroid Prime Trilogy HD again? I've just got over it last time, finally finishing the first one on the Wii U.

Although I missed a scan on the Frigate so come to think of it that copy can go to hell.

Bring it on!

(LttP is interesting, too. Maybe a surprise LA bundle? Or, even more surprising given how Nintendo are still porting things to the 3DS rather than from it, a LBW port bundle?)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Prime Trilogy makes sense as an imminent release. The game is meant to continue the momentum until Prime 4 but Prime 4 barely exists now. Maybe 2020?
I mean, you say this but Bayonetta Switch came out over a year ago and Bayonetta 3 is going to be 2020 most likely. I don't think Nintendo care too much about the "momentum" part, they'll release it whenever their schedule needs to be filled.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I mean, you say this but Bayonetta Switch came out over a year ago and Bayonetta 3 is going to be 2020 most likely. I don't think Nintendo care too much about the "momentum" part, they'll release it whenever their schedule needs to be filled.
That had announcement momentum as Bayonetta 3 was announced 2 months prior to the release of the ports, I don't think we have that here

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
for new major games, yeah. but it's pretty packed otherwise.

ff12
ff10
cuphead
dragon's dogma
hellblade
mk11
boxboy+boxgirl
ace attorney trilogy
and some indie games
Yeah, there's a lot of smaller releases. Just no major first-party one. The Switch doesn't have "true droughts".

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, as a german without any knowledge about Best Buy ... how likely are these games real / likely to happen, with them appearing in their system?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I am so tired of this endless speculation about persona on switch.
I'd like this to end by a confirmation of wether or not the port is real.
ATLUS way of marketing sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Watch as MPT Switch outsells the previous Prime saga releases (original releases, Japanese NPC, and physical/digital MPT) combined because of dat Switch boost.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
So, as a german without any knowledge about Best Buy ... how likely are these games real / likely to happen, with them appearing in their system?

It's more or less been confirmed to be real by actual Best Buy employees on this site and a few others. Benji and Wario64 are also sure of it.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Pretty much guaranteed but their timeframe doesn't have to be soon. ALTTP for instance could be a 2020 remake and not be announced until after Link's Awakening releases (or it could be something else entirely). They previously listed Smash for Switch 7 months before its announcement

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a lot of smaller releases. Just no major first-party one. The Switch doesn't have "true droughts".
Switch's droughts up to now have hurt, but there have always been some new games to play. Before there wasn't as much third party support to fill the gaps. Now there's plenty and I'm more than satisfied.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
it's real, that's more than safe to say at this point. it's just a matter of when it's going to get officially announced.

Yeah, I've always been in the "persona is coming" camp.
But if these listings don't imply a "soon" release, it means we'd have to watch the end of the months events without getting any confirmation again.
If that's the case, I swear i'll put all the threads on ignore cause this mess has been lasting for far too long lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Yes, Best Buy Canada in 2017 had 3 games found prior to E3 2017. Outside of Pikmin World the other games showed themselves eventually. (Pikmin is in never ending development...) Best Buy later said the listings in particular were inaccurate at the time though.

Super Smash Bros (officially March 2018 Direct)
Pikmin World (unannounced)
Dragon Quest XI Switch (officially Dec 2018)

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...ash-bros-pikmin-world-dragon-quest-xi-switch/
Thank you, so since there is this Pikmin World unannounced, we cannot still consider this leak as 100% true. Of course, it is another hint which sums up to the others anyway.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But if these listings don't imply a "soon" release, it means we'd have to watch the end of the months events without getting any confirmation again.
the end of the month event is going to reveal it for japan. just like any other atlus game, it's going to be announced for the west later, and come out later than it does in japan.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Best Buy Canada in 2017 had 3 games found prior to E3 2017. Outside of Pikmin World the other games showed themselves eventually. (Pikmin is in never ending development...) Best Buy later said the listings in particular were inaccurate at the time though.

Super Smash Bros (officially March 2018 Direct)
Pikmin World (unannounced)
Dragon Quest XI Switch (officially Dec 2018)

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...ash-bros-pikmin-world-dragon-quest-xi-switch/

Those are public listings which isn't the same thing.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
"Remember how back in April 2019 there was that supposed Best Buy leak with MPT, Persona 5, and A Link to the Past that fooled everyone?

There's no way Walmart leaking Mother 3 Switch is legit."

... is what we'll be saying a year from now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's more or less been confirmed to be real by actual Best Buy employees on this site and a few others. Benji and Wario64 are also sure of it.
Pretty much guaranteed but their timeframe doesn't have to be soon. ALTTP for instance could be a 2020 remake and not be announced until after Link's Awakening releases (or it could be something else entirely). They previously listed Smash for Switch 7 months before its announcement

I see, thanks you two!

Honestly, i don't care when these are announced / released, if the listing basically confirms these to be the real deal, that's fine and enough for me.

Well, save for Persona. I'm in the camp that's fed up with Atlus' teases, announce the port / re-release / whatever already, and do it with all important information. Same for P5 The Royal.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Switch's droughts up to now have hurt, but there have always been some new games to play. Before there wasn't as much third party support to fill the gaps. Now there's plenty and I'm more than satisfied.
Yeah, this time last year was a bit problematic with just Wii U ports and indies. Now we have a lot of third-parties releasing older titles and endless indies so no month is going to be completely blank.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
It'll be Persona 5 S, whatever that means. To be clear on ALttP, we have no information on it other than the name. Maybe it's a remake, maybe it's just a preorder for a special 30th anniversary physical re-release like Super Mario All-stars got on the Wii for Mario's 25th anniversary.
I don't know if the listing's name means too much. I technically recently received Yoshi's Crafted World from Best Buy, but my shipping confirmation email said "Yoshi - Switch."
The thing is there are 2 Persona 5 rumours. Actually no, we know Persona 5 Royal exists and it will be on the ps4, then there's Persona 5 S (like you said KojiKnight),where I agree that it's the Switch version. Why name them differently? Why not Persona 5 Royal (Switch/ps4)? I swear, if Switch gets a spin-off and ps4 an upgrade what is unlikely imo, Era will melt. I don't think both consoles will get the same version tho. At the end I'm wrong most of the time anyway and I'll be happy to eat crow.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Thinking about Reggies words about Nintendo evaluation the best way to bring the rich content of historic games.
We still haven't seen anything else for the NOS than NES games.

Maybe they've decided to remaster all the SNES/GBA classics. That would generate far more money. Add online functionality and you also ensure the NOS stays alive/generates revenues.

Bloody genious.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
the end of the month event is going to reveal it for japan. just like any other atlus game, it's going to be announced for the west later, and come out later than it does in japan.

What I fear is the event won't even reveal the switch port but some dumb Wtf thing like "persona 5 Stage" which will be an on-stage musical or whatever, and we'll have to wait TGS to get the first official reveal of P5 switch.
Imagine the shitshow here.

I'm half joking cause I really expect the reveal this month, but ATLUS has such shitty marketing that I'm prepared for the worst... :)

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is there are 2 Persona 5 rumours. Actually no, we know Persona 5 Royal exists and it will be on the ps4, then there's Persona 5 S (like you said KojiKnight),where I agree that it's the Switch version. Why name them differently? Why not Persona 5 Royal (Switch/ps4)? I swear, if Switch gets a spin-off and ps4 an upgrade what is unlikely imo, Era will melt. I don't think both consoles will get the same version tho. At the end I'm wrong most of the time anyway and I'll be happy to eat crow.
i think it's because S isn't the same thing as royal. my guess is that royal is a new additional scenario, S is the compilation of 5 and 5R.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the deal with LttP? Remaster? Surely it's a physical release if it's in their system like that? Don't play with my emotions, LttP is my gotFOREVER

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
LTTP has to be a mistake for links awakening , right? There's no way they're releasing them out of order of announcements

Here's hoping they don't fuck it up and leave in the traditional controls for 1 and 2. Metroid Prime 3 controlled like ass and I would love to get a version of that with twin stick controls.

Metroid prime 1/2 in GameCube control like garbage. A FPS where you can't even control the camera directly without stopping in place, lol.

Prime trilogy is the best way to play by far, at the moment, and there's absolutely no chance they release a version without motion controls, because those are way more popular for shooters than not on switch (see:Splatoon)

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Are we sure its ALttP and not just a mistake with Links Awakening?

Nonetheless, I hope this is real. Will pre order MPT in the first instance, these games need another opportunity for a new audience. Done portably ;)

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
A Link To The Past would be weird. Same engine as the new Link's Awakening probably if true.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what form A Link to the Past will release. I assumed they'd eventually as SNES games to online. I doubt it's an eShop port either as Best Buy wouldn't be selling that.

If the Links Awakening remake hadn't been announced, I'd have thought it was a similar style remake.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Leaks"

Just like RDR2 on the Switch was "leaked"? lol
Not really the same situation, this info isn't meant to be public and the stuff that gets put into the database is supposedly not that easy to tamper with. It doesn't seem very likely that it's a simple mistake.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder what form A Link to the Past will release. I assumed they'd eventually as SNES games to online. I doubt it's an eShop port either as Best Buy wouldn't be selling that.

If the Links Awakening remake hadn't been announced, I'd have thought it was a similar style remake.

Best Buy sells digital codes for games as well.

You can buy the digital 3DS version of LttP for example
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-le...tendo-new-3ds-digital/5900125.p?skuId=5900125

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Is there any precedent set for Nintendo selling NES/SNES ports separately on the Switch eShop? Seems illogical to me.

The name could likely be a placeholder for another Zelda project, it doesn't have to specifically be ALTTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.