• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
It really has come to this point. Best Buy's online system is erupting before our eyes and showering us with sweet sweet leaks for Switch games and more. A recap:

So far we have listings for PERSONA 5, ZELDA: A LINK TO THE PAST (?!), and METROID PRIME TRILOGY.

Everybody in the happening bunker stat!!!

BhFYGFK.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Are we getting that 3D LTTP remake after all?
If we do, I hope it's in the new Link's Awakening art style, just so the haters have to keep whining. Lol.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Waking up to this is.. not what I expected heh..

MPT and Persona 5 seems very likely. Link to the past though is such a mindtwist

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Only way I'd play Persona 5 again is on PC at 60fps. Looking forward to Metroid Prime Trilogy though. Have no interest in Link to the Past. That game belongs in the past.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Seriously, if the Ori rumors are true, as well as those like Persona 5 - Switch is the ONLY system I play anymore, and due to its portable nature has moved into the very top spot for me now. I cannot think of anything else I need on the system other than a FFT port

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Link to the Past is cool, but I wish Nintendo showed more love to the Oracle games, especially now that Fujibayashi is a Nintendo employee and director of the most successful Zelda game of all time. He could use some of his capital to do us all a solid!

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Current guesses:
  • P5S for the concert thing.
  • MPT in hibernation until MP4 shapes up, or until there's a release hole.
  • No April Direct.
  • LttP listing a real product but messed up. Like LttP themed Switch cover or something.

Link to the Past is probably just an eshop code for VC/eShop releases. They already said they'd add snes games at some point.

"Just" a reversal of their subscription pushing strategy? I'd say that would be bigger than a remake for me.

syth

Oct 25, 2017
Current guesses:
  • P5S for the concert thing.
  • MPT in hibernation until MP4 shapes up, or until there's a release hole.
  • No April Direct.
  • LttP listing a real product but messed up. Like LttP themed Switch cover or something.

"Just" a reversal of their subscription pushing strategy? I'd say that would be bigger than a remake for me.

I mean there was January to June... thats a fair hole.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Did similar leaks from Best Buy happen in the past? And were those leaks true? In that case, chances are even higher now, for a Switch port of Persona 5.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ALTTP really throws the whole thing off. Not that it invalidates the leak, but just a weird appearance in general.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Did similar leaks from Best Buy happen in the past? And were those leaks true? In that case, chances are even higher now, for a Switch port of Persona 5.

Yes, Best Buy Canada in 2017 had 3 games found prior to E3 2017. Outside of Pikmin World the other games showed themselves eventually. (Pikmin is in never ending development...) Best Buy later said the listings in particular were inaccurate at the time though.

Super Smash Bros (officially March 2018 Direct)
Pikmin World (unannounced)
Dragon Quest XI Switch (officially Dec 2018)

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...ash-bros-pikmin-world-dragon-quest-xi-switch/

Last edited:

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't think Prime Trilogy makes sense as an imminent release. The game is meant to continue the momentum until Prime 4 but Prime 4 barely exists now. Maybe 2020?

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it if Nintendo announce a Direct this or next week. In another case, the employee should add Mother 3 for maximum trolling.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Prime Trilogy makes sense as an imminent release. The game is meant to continue the momentum until Prime 4 but Prime 4 barely exists now. Maybe 2020?
That would make sense, but I think it also makes sense that Nintendo would try to sate Prime fans with a port to make the .wait easier. I mean, the Bayo port hit Switch in February 2018, and that'll probably be more than two years before Bayo 3 releases so who knows

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England

MP4 is so far off that they might as well release MPT as soon as possible to fill the Metroid void in the library.

You never know how things will turn out but MP4 could even end up being a Switch 2 launch game, so I'm not sure delaying MPT would be best for business overall.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
Plot Twist, the Best Buy listing for Link to the Past is for:

The Legend it Zelda
A Link to the Past COLLECTION

A link to some of the best Zelda games of the past only on Nintendo Switch!

Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time (3D) HD
Majora's Mask (3D) HD
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD

All on one Cart!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, there are three games in MPT, which would take awhile to complete. We'll need time to play through them -and- to recover from the burnout so we still have an appetite for MP4. :3

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
persona 5 coming to switch?

giphy.gif

well i don't think anyone saw that one coming. MPT was kinda sorta confirmed too. but i wonder what ALttP means. if it turns out the link's awakening remake is in fact a dual pack of both, i will scream.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
None of this is particularly surprising tbh. Everyone saw Persona 5 coming, and I thought Metroid Prime Trilogy was all but confirmed at this point.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

See I think it makes more sense now as a "sorry it's taking so long" Assuming it's a December 2021 title (a big assumption) Having Prime Remastered in 2019 and another 2D remaster in 2020 along with 18 months worth of trailers is about the perfect hype cycle for MP4

E3 2019 Trillogy
E3 2020 Trailer
E3 2021 Trailer 2 + Gameplay
Release

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. He said in the Kinda Funny podcast that he hadn't heard anything about a Switch version and wasn't expecting it anytime soon if it does happen. Of course, the wording of him not hearing anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.