• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7qEzKIz.png

If you were going to pick a placeholder date, I don't think this would be a good choice. Might be the actual release date.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Like... 3 weeks away? They haven't been promoting this game at all... that'd be odd.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It's the Japanese release date, but games don't usually come out on Thursdays in America
That said, that date is less than 3 weeks from now and it's distressing that XSeed hasn't confirmed a date for it yet- their site still lists TBA

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's been listed for February 6 pretty much everywhere for a while now.

The Japanese release date is officially February 6, but XSEED / Marvelous Europe have yet to say anything other than Q1 2020. XSEED / Marvelous Europe tend to confirm release dates pretty close to launch, so them coming out within the next few days and saying February 6 wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary for them.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Japanese date and everywhere is using it as a placeholder. It'll probably be later in the month but it's not hitting that date in the US/EU.

Oct 26, 2017
Like... 3 weeks away? They haven't been promoting this game at all... that'd be odd.

Yes they have, they've released an assload of character trailers plus James Chen had the Frosty Faustings build on stream the other day. It will be playable at Frostys this weekend, too. As far as promotion within the FGC, it's been pretty good.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Xseed is being skittish about the worldwide release date, I don't believe it's going to hit the February 6th date and the online stores are just taking the Japanese release date because there is no other one. Xseed was on UltraChen on Tuesday and still said they were "working hard" on it with no more info to give.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xseed is being skittish about the worldwide release date, I don't believe it's going to hit the February 6th date and the online stores are just taking the Japanese release date because there is no other one. Xseed was on UltraChen on Tuesday and still said they were "working hard" on it with no more info to give.
With the game being supported as apart of the Arc Revo pro tour they can't afford to miss a worldwide release can they.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
The real question is which bonus are you all going to apply to your GBF account? First thought for me is the gold bar but with how much grinding is needed for the Evokers.....evolite stone hrmmmm.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the dude showcasing the GBVS demos at events and on streams, Jason, is great. But this is the kind of stuff that makes me wary about XSEED as a whole handling the publishing for this game. I only learned that this company is the type to announce the release date for their games 2 weeks before they're released after I started following GBVS. They're treating GBVS as this similarly really niche game when it's at least not supposed to be.

What I was told was that it was also on Cygames determining their date and when they announce it, so I dunno. Anyways, it's really important for this kind of messaging to be clear for fighting games, and they're not hitting it so far.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
No it has not. So unless you are in the know or watch the anime most people have no idea what Granblue Fantasy even is.

I mean you can play the entire game in english now, but you will have to buy into their japanese located storefront if you wanna buy anything.

Honestly, I thought the dub for GBVS was going to hold it up. It's neat if it's still coming out the 6th, but the publisher has been weirdly quiet about the release date, their social media showing off stages rather than hyping up the release date.

I think the dude showcasing the GBVS demos at events and on streams, Jason, is great. But this is the kind of stuff that makes me wary about XSEED as a whole handling the publishing for this game. I only learned that this company is the type to announce the release date for their games 2 weeks before they're released after I started following GBVS. They're treating GBVS as this similarly really niche game when it's at least not supposed to be.

What I was told was that it was also on Cygames determining their date and when they announce it, so I dunno. Anyways, it's really important for this kind of messaging to be clear for fighting games, and they're not hitting it so far.

Strongly agreed. The Beta had more hype and interest than the full game's drop date.

Do enlighten us, what makes it lack western appeal.

The game would do well if they released it officially outside of Japan.

But they haven't...and don't seem to have plans to.

It's still easy to play if you're not in japan, the whole game is in english, but like...what are they waiting for?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can play the entire game in english now, but you will have to buy into their japanese located storefront if you wanna buy anything.

Honestly, I thought the dub for GBVS was going to hold it up. It's neat if it's still coming out the 6th, but the publisher has been weirdly quiet about the release date, their social media showing off stages rather than hyping up the release date.

Strongly agreed. The Beta had more hype and interest than the full game's drop date.

The game would do well if they released it officially outside of Japan.

But they haven't...and don't seem to have plans to.

It's still easy to play if you're not in japan, the whole game is in english, but like...what are they waiting for?

I play the browser version, I legit don't know why there isn't a an App Store version

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
I play the browser version, I legit don't know why there isn't a an App Store version

It actually, literally, makes no sense.

I played the browser version YEARS ago, and while it wasn't for me, it was the kind of game that would have taken america by storm.

And yet, here we are.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Sooooo... We're a week away from Feb 6th and I haven't received a delay notice, nor has the best buy website updated the release date.

...dare I say I'll receive a copy of this lovely game next week?

I know it's not going to happen but it's nice to dream šŸ˜Š

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It actually, literally, makes no sense.

I played the browser version YEARS ago, and while it wasn't for me, it was the kind of game that would have taken america by storm.

And yet, here we are.
I think the problem is the app client is managed by a different company (mobage) so Cygames can't just put the game on the rest of app stores. Plus, the login system still requires you to know some Japanese (although they have mentioned that are working on ways to make it easier)

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo... We're a week away from Feb 6th and I haven't received a delay notice, nor has the best buy website updated the release date.

...dare I say I'll receive a copy of this lovely game next week?

I know it's not going to happen but it's nice to dream šŸ˜Š

Assume everything is a placeholder until XSEED and marvelous come out with an actual date. It should be announced very soon as they've said in a tweet about 2 days ago that they're finalizing details for the release date and are planning to announce it really soon.