• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
I booked it on Thursday afternoon, and still haven't received any sort of confirmation. I called the store today, was on hold for 15 minutes, finally spoke with someone, when I told him what I was looking for, he immediately switched me to an automated system that asked me what I needed help with, which eventually had me waiting on hold with the store again, at which point I hung up. Might just have to go to the store in-person this week (not remotely ideal) to see if I can actually talk to a human being to figure out what is going on.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they removed the ability to book an appointment online. Just gives you an option for chat.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I never made an appointment, but they called me today to see if I wanted to. Surprising but nice to see. I wouldn't be getting it until after 10 though so I told them I'd just be doing curbside.

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Booked mine for 830 - 900 block. They had some pretty early hours but I think I can manage. Mornings are for the birds.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Is it odd that I received and appointment for my PS5 but not for my Series X? Anyone else have that happen?

Aug 15, 2020
I got my confirmation email for my Series X but not for the PS5. Hopefully that one comes in soon, but I might give them a call just in case.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get any info about making an appointment or anything for my PS5 at best buy. I'm guessing maybe my store just isn't doing it and is just doing their normal curbside pickup hours? Guess I'll keep waiting because the links people posted earlier got all of the signup stuff removed it seems.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Also got confirmation email. A few minutes before that I got an email to update my payment system. I appreciate they are trying to make it as smooth as possible.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy preorder here on a Series S. I got mine via All Access and up until today it was saying "Pending Authorization". Now it's not longer there so it looks like that processed so psyched!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No phone call but got a follow up email that confirmed my 6:00-6:30 time slot. I was confirmed via the webpage only before.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I got my BBY email confirmations this morning. Now if only Amazon can provide us some info on the PS5 pre-orders already.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Best Buy has been handling this really well (outside of the server load debacle on 9/22). Tons of communication. Very impressed with them.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
From my experience Best Buy has had their shit together from damn near the start of the pandemic compared to other big box retailers. Their curb side pickup when they completely shut down the store was really well done. Not surprised that they're planning for the new consoles like this.
Agree.

Jun 4, 2019
Booked for 7am. Slightly worried about seeing people in line before the official store opening. They will all know what I'm walking out with at that hour :-)

Oct 28, 2017
Best Buy has been handling this really well (outside of the server load debacle on 9/22). Tons of communication. Very impressed with them.

Totally agree! I feel like they are trying their best. I was on their website with this thing in my cart for like 9 hours before I could check out, but I got it. I love the appointment thing. After I booked an appointment, they called and confirmed it and told me what I needed to do and what I needed to bring. I didn't get an email confirmation but the phone call was good enough for me.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree! I feel like they are trying their best. I was on their website with this thing in my cart for like 9 hours before I could check out, but I got it. I love the appointment thing. After I booked an appointment, they called and confirmed it and told me what I needed to do and what I needed to bring. I didn't get an email confirmation but the phone call was good enough for me.

Initially the page I signed up on on their website said they'd call 1 to 2 days before. Weird they'd call you so early. I did get the email today. Says nothing about calling, but I'm not too worried about that.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a little alarmed I got my confirmation email and it told me to make sure a credit card I have on file is still valid....when I'm doing it with all access

BluePhoneBox

Oct 30, 2017
I got the confirmation email earlier this morning.
Five minutes ago, I got a second email telling me my pickup appointment had been canceled, with no information or explanation.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
All you gettin go confirmation emails and I got nothing. Of course I didn't write down my appointment confirmation code.

Oct 28, 2017
Initially the page I signed up on on their website said they'd call 1 to 2 days before. Weird they'd call you so early. I did get the email today. Says nothing about calling, but I'm not too worried about that.

I guess the way I wrote that seems like they called me the same day. It was actually a few days later AFTER I booked the online appointment that they called me. And they actually verified my appointment when they called (I have seen some people say they called them asking if they wanted to set up and appointment when they had already set one up via the email). However, I didn't receive the email confirmation today of my appointment. I am going to assume that is going to take somebody at each store going through, verifying the appointments, then it generates an email. That would explain why everyone seems to be getting the email confirmation of their appointments at different times throughout the day! Maybe since they verified my appointment on the phone call, they wont email me again. Who Knows?

I am feeling pretty confident in this Best Buy Preorder at this point. They emailed me to set up an appointment, called me to verify my appointment and told me what I needed to do to pick up my PS5, it would be crazy for them to call us now and be like "Actually, you aren't getting one!"

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question, but I'm assuming that I won't get charged for the pre-order until i go into the store to pick it up or would it be beforehand?

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I got the confirmation email earlier this morning.
Five minutes ago, I got a second email telling me my pickup appointment had been canceled, with no information or explanation.

I received an appointment cancellation email, as well, but my order is for the PS5. I called the geek squad for my local store and they confirmed the appointment is still on so whatever.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
Booked for 7am. Slightly worried about seeing people in line before the official store opening. They will all know what I'm walking out with at that hour :-)
I don't think there should be any line. Best Buy isn't carrying any next-gen consoles in-store except for pre-orders until further notice - only way to purchase through them is online. They very much are doing everything they can to discourage large groups of people coming to the store.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the way I wrote that seems like they called me the same day. It was actually a few days later AFTER I booked the online appointment that they called me. And they actually verified my appointment when they called (I have seen some people say they called them asking if they wanted to set up and appointment when they had already set one up via the email). However, I didn't receive the email confirmation today of my appointment. I am going to assume that is going to take somebody at each store going through, verifying the appointments, then it generates an email. That would explain why everyone seems to be getting the email confirmation of their appointments at different times throughout the day! Maybe since they verified my appointment on the phone call, they wont email me again. Who Knows?

I am feeling pretty confident in this Best Buy Preorder at this point. They emailed me to set up an appointment, called me to verify my appointment and told me what I needed to do to pick up my PS5, it would be crazy for them to call us now and be like "Actually, you aren't getting one!"

That's really odd to just because I've gotten no phone call whatsoever, and I signed up quite a while ago. Like before this thread even went up.

Oct 28, 2017
That's really odd to just because I've gotten no phone call whatsoever, and I signed up quite a while ago. Like before this thread even went up.

I just got the email tonight, maybe an hour ago. I would assume the phone call may be just some stores doing their job and others are not. Are you sure you have your most up to date phone number with them?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I got a text saying I was going to get a call, but never got the call. Just the email, and I'm fine with that.