• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Got my pickup scheduled for 6AM on November 12th.
Anybody get their confirmation email yet? I saved a copy of the confirmation from the site, I'll just bring that with me in case there are any issues.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I have a reserved slot for 8:30-9am for my XSX but... I may just cancel and show up later for curbside pickup. Not trying to get the rona.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Just scheduled and confirmed my appt to pick up my Series X curbside between 6am and 6:30am on the 10th. :)

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
What happens if you don't have a preorder and sign up? lol
I mean if you show up earlier than 10am, you aint getting in without the appointment XD

on a side note, anyone get a confirmation email after doing the appointment. Did mine hours ago and haven't gotten anything. Should've taken a photo just in case.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Picked 7:00-7:30 on the 12th. Wanted to do 6:00 because of course I do, but I know I'm going to be up the night before hyping myself up and I'll probably need the extra hour lol.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I work night shift and I'm off on Series X launch day, so since I'll be awake, I took the 6am time slot at my store for my pickup. Can't wait!

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
6am on the 10th. I'm up anyways, and now I'll grab coffee for the wife before she heads off to work. Win-win.
Stinks that my GameStop, where I got the PS5 preorder in, can't be picked up till 12pm since that's when they open. Gonna be a long morning.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did 6AM for both Xbox and PS5. Just got the confirmation phone call today.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
In-Store Appointment = Interview (11:30am)

BB Employee: So you want this Xbox, tell me more about yourself.

Me: Can I get my preorder...

BB Employee: Sir, you were late to pickup time for your xbox...do you really think you deserve this console?

Me: .....

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dang you guys waking up at 6am are hardcore. I ain't losing that sleep, especially when I have to work anyways. Scheduled for 9am so I can wakeup, go grab a coffee somewhere and grab it on my way back home.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
wait... confirmation phone call? Not email? Did you answer the phone or did they leave a message? I'm ignoring calls from numbers I don't know currently because of the insane amount of political spam.

Been almost 48 hours since I signed up online and the instructions and such seemed pretty firm on the website, and I have yet to receive a phone call. I don't even have any missed or blocked calls either. I am not sure if all stores are doing the follow up phone calls?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
wait... confirmation phone call? Not email? Did you answer the phone or did they leave a message? I'm ignoring calls from numbers I don't know currently because of the insane amount of political spam.
I didn't get a confirmation phone call, but I most certainly got a call informing me about the two options for picking up my system and wanting to know if I would like to make an appointment if I wanted to pick up the system between 6 and 9. I was able to confirm both of my appointments at that time though and find out that I could not switch my pickup to a curbside for the morning pickup. So yes, Best Buy is calling people with in store orders.

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I did 7am for both. I haven't received any calls or emails about the appointments.

Didn't even know I was supposed to. Can't imagine that anything can get messed up as a result of this. They didn't even ask for my order number during the signup doe the appointment.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
No confirmation email/phone call yet either, and all of the appointment times are still available.

h0mebas3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes. I received a call from Best Buy confirming the appointment that I made for 6 AM for both the Xbox and PlayStation. They confirmed the store, my order numbers, the store I was picking it up at and just made sure that I knew I would only be able to pick up the consoles and I could buy any accessories but I couldn't do any other shopping. He then said just to make sure I had my ID and order number and they would see me at launch. He also mentioned it would be fast since things were layed our by appointment.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Yes. I received a call from Best Buy confirming the appointment that I made for 6 AM for both the Xbox and PlayStation. They confirmed the store I was picking it up at and just made sure that I knew I would only be able to pick up the consoles and I could buy any accessories but I couldn't do any other shopping. he then said just to make sure I had my ID in order number and they would see me at launch.
Shiiiiit.

I am definitely calling the store.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm doing curbside since it's offered. The less I can be around others (one half pandemic, the other half antisocial lol) the better.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah got mine for the PS5 a couple days ago. Set up for 8AM. I'm terrified I'll not sleep well the day before and then not wake up to a 6AM alarm.

h0mebas3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah got mine for the PS5 a couple days ago. Set up for 8AM. I'm terrified I'll not sleep well the day before and then not wake up to a 6AM alarm.

Stay up all night :) That's what I'm doing. I haven't camped out for a console in years so I took the next day off, going to stay up all night, play some games and say goodbye to my PS4, have some pancakes then head to Best Buy.

I will then drive around aimlessly to make sure I'm not being followed back home :)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Stay up all night :) That's what I'm doing. I haven't camped out for a console in years so I took the next day off, going to stay up all night, play some games and say goodbye to my PS4, have some pancakes then head to Best Buy.

I will then drive around aimlessly to make sure I'm not being followed back home :)

Unfortunately I gotta work that afternoon so I can't afford to have pulled an all nighter.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, mine said I could only do it how I ordered it and they apologized for me not being able to switch it.

I think I just selected pickup when I preordered, I don't even remember the option to select curb side.

The guy on the call told me (without me asking) that I can do curbside if I want to prevent having to go into the store. You'd think they would all encourage that option.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I think I just selected pickup when I preordered, I don't even remember the option to select curb side.

The guy on the call told me (without me asking) that I can do curbside if I want to prevent having to go into the store. You'd think they would all encourage that option.
The option was there, I was just too much in a panic trying to secure it to pay attention to it. =)

I agree though, you'd think they'd be okay with switching it. I guess I'll see what the app says when I get there.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I got the phone call, I didnt want to throw anything off by saying I had already booked it via email so I just picked the same time and we're good to go.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I had to call my store to make sure the confirmation went through and we found out it didn't; the person on the phone at my store set one up for me right away and I got a text confirming it