• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I still have faith. I remember PS4 launch day. It was also Canada Post, I didn't get my shipping notification until around 10am, and I still got it same day.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I doubt the customer service reps know more than what is stated on the site. Someone in this thread already said their XSX shipped a day before launch day from Best Buy Canada, so it probably will be the same for PS5 (Tuesday on this case).

Edit: As others have stated, Friday the 13th would still be awesome!

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like no ones Best Buy CA PS5s shipped yesterday, only XSX. Which I guess means that PS5s should ship today. Im expecting them to ship around 10-11 (Since thats the time XSX started shipping). Crossing my fingers for the Xbox folks to get their consoles today.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like no ones Best Buy CA PS5s shipped yesterday, only XSX. Which I guess means that PS5s should ship today. Im expecting them to ship around 10-11 (Since thats the time XSX started shipping). Crossing my fingers for the Xbox folks to get their consoles today.

If Xbox guys get their consoles today from bb via Cp, I'll be a little more at ease honestly.

Remembrance day is still a small wrinkle though.

Oct 25, 2017
Only fear is that bestbuy doesn't cover the box.

I ordered a PC and a monitor from them in the past and they used Canada post. The boxes were not covered at all, but at least they sent them to a Canada Post office and not just leave it in front of my house while I wasn't there

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My shipping notification for my Series X has it coming on the 17th now, (was the 16th yesterday). I'm hoping beyond hope those are just outside projections, and that somehow this thing shows up before the weekend.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I got a quick question: I got the physical edition of Miles Morales alongside a digital PS5, and both are scheduled for pick up and I was wondering if Best Buy could just swap the physical game for a digital code? I tried calling them a few times but they haven't picked up.

Oct 25, 2017
Only fear is that bestbuy doesn't cover the box.

I ordered a PC and a monitor from them in the past and they used Canada post. The boxes were not covered at all, but at least they sent them to a Canada Post office and not just leave it in front of my house while I wasn't there

giphy.gif

Please tell me anyone of you have similar experience of this.... cuz I've ordered one of them. 😬

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to charge my card already. If they ship it today I should get it this week, which is all I'm really hoping for at this point.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I got a quick question: I got the physical edition of Miles Morales alongside a digital PS5, and both are scheduled for pick up and I was wondering if Best Buy could just swap the physical game for a digital code? I tried calling them a few times but they haven't picked up.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. The transaction in store isn't invoiced until you go and pick it up. So it should just be them deleting one item and then scanning in a PSN card.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This seems pretty typical Best Buy in my experience. Ain't no way I'm getting a PS5 on Thursday if it hasn't shipped by now. Monday at the absolute earliest.

I can see them shipping late tonight, which means it isn't really even gonna move anywhere, and it's Canada Post and there's a holiday tomorrow, so it ain't happening.

Which is fine. I am a grown man and can wait. You'd just think there'd maybe be a better plan in place. I guess most of it is owing to the idea that GOD FORBID anyone get a new system a day early than launch that these companies have.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody got their money back in their CC/Debit card? I just noticed I did and few other on twitter.

Yup! For my PS5 disc model they took the funds out on Nov 3rd and put it back today. I checked with their live chat and they confirmed the order is processing normally and I'll be charged when it ships.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Since preordering I haven't recieved a single email from BB.

They charged me last week though

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Just a heads up I received my Series X today. So shipped yesterday arrived today via Canada post 9:10am. Hopefully Ps5 ships tomorrow and arrives 12th.

I'm going to guess they won't ship tomorrow given it's Remembrance Day.
I think most people are hoping they get shipped out today so delivery can happen on Thursday. At least that's where my head is at.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I assume at this point that BB is gonna "Ship" them tomorrow, which means theyll create shipping labels and sit in the BB warehouse since Canada Post isnt working, then go out on Thursday, arriving Friday/Monday. Which is BS, because theyre not taking into consideration the holiday.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
My Xbox Series X arrived today from Best Buy Canada. My PS5 is coming from Walmart due on the 13th apparently.

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
I assume at this point that BB is gonna "Ship" them tomorrow, which means theyll create shipping labels and sit in the BB warehouse since Canada Post isnt working, then go out on Thursday, arriving Friday/Monday. Which is BS, because theyre not taking into consideration the holiday.
Just so you know I've heard that Canada Post is working tomorrow and occasionally on weekends due to them being backed up.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Friday the 13th seems like the like
Don't count on this, I spoke to the mailman today and he isn't working tomorrow. He said "what would normally be here tomorrow will arrive Thursday". All hope is gone. Friday at best.
I have some hope for this, as I also asked a CP mailman today, and he said that overtime is done on most holidays. Also, Remembrance day isnt a statutory holiday in Quebec (But since CP has government ties, they do get it off)

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
Don't count on this, I spoke to the mailman today and he isn't working tomorrow. He said "what would normally be here tomorrow will arrive Thursday". All hope is gone. Friday at best.
pretty sure they are not... got a proof of that ? I could be wrong ?
Could be location specific, but we have a Canada Post worker in the Canada Deals thread that's working tomorrow and I contacted Canada Posts customer service line and he told me that the site says they aren't but they will be. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Could be location specific, but we have a Canada Post worker in the Canada Deals thread that's working tomorrow and I contacted Canada Posts customer service line and he told me that the site says they aren't but they will be. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

could be possible, my friend just got is feedex got is XBox series X, and the guy say they have a special team for this week and next week for this launch.... the number of console into shiping must be insane....

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Friday the 13th seems like the like

I have some hope for this, as I also asked a CP mailman today, and he said that overtime is done on most holidays. Also, Remembrance day isnt a statutory holiday in Quebec (But since CP has government ties, they do get it off)

Maybe mail isn't delivered but express / pakages are... I'm in Montréal Québec BTW.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Canada Post won't be *delivering* tomorrow I doubt but they don't all just stop for a holiday. Like, if your package is on a truck they don't pull over to the side of the road until the 12th.