• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Not on a PS5 (a Series X) but I indeed got the payment failed email. Which is odd considering they used the exact same information to sell me a PS4 in June. I called my bank and there's no hold, just an error code from Best Buy saying my details don't match.

Awesome lol.
Fuck this is what im worried about. My card info has the wrong address, and i keep getting an error when trying to update payment info. I might have to call if they havent put the funds on hold by tomorrow.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Fuck this is what im worried about. My card info has the wrong address, and i keep getting an error when trying to update payment info. I might have to call if they havent put the funds on hold by tomorrow.

My address isn't even wrong. Like I said, it worked fine a couple of months ago.

Best Buy live chat just quoted the email. I called them directly and the automated front end literally says "If you're calling about your online Playstation or Xbox order having issues with charges please note that our customer service has no details, and follow the email instructions."

So I hung up.

EDIT: I'm getting the payment info error when I try to update too. 0006, I think is the error?

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
My address isn't even wrong. Like I said, it worked fine a couple of months ago.

Best Buy live chat just quoted the email. I called them directly and the automated front end literally says "If you're calling about your online Playstation or Xbox order having issues with charges please note that our customer service has no details, and follow the email instructions."

So I hung up.

EDIT: I'm getting the payment info error when I try to update too. 0006, I think is the error?
thanks for the info, im sure that customer service would attend me if its just to change the card used for payment. Hopefully I wake up to good news tomorrow.

Edit: also yes, error 006 is what im getting, been getting it since a couple weeks ago whenever i try to change it.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nothing here. And I had my pre-order in the first few seconds it was up. hmm. Well I was charged yesterday, but no email.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Your OP title is wrong then. Should make a request for an update. No shipping is happening before next week I would assume.
How is it wrong? Best buy is starting to process orders for delivery. I didnt say theyre shipping them, i said theyre processing them. And since people started getting tracking numbers that is also accurate.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How is it wrong? Best buy is starting to process orders for delivery. I didnt say theyre shipping them, i said theyre processing them. And since people started getting tracking numbers that is also accurate.
I missed the one post that said they had a tracking number, my bad.

"For delivery" is still misleading, should be for shipping if anything.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Not rare for Best Buy to charge/create shipping labels days before doing anything with it. So, yeah.. no.. not that same thing.
So getting a shipping label doesnt qualify as starting to process for delivery 🤔🤔🤔 when does processing for delivery start if its not when you get charged, or when you receive a shipping label?

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So getting a shipping label doesnt qualify as starting to process for delivery 🤔🤔🤔 when does processing for delivery start if its not when you get charged, or when you receive a shipping label?
It's in the process of being shipped. Delivery is when it is delivered to you?! When it's in the sorting facility/about to go out for delivery. Anyway, this isn't important. It's just that the thread title implies people would be getting them tomorrow or something. Which isn't the case.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Got no email, but the charge appeared on my CC.

Order info still says the generic "delivered as early as nov 12".

as early as... that's a recipe for disappoint.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do people's CC say it's been fully charged or is it pending?

Cause on my CC it just says "pending charge from best buy $711"

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Do people's CC say it's been fully charged or is it pending?

Cause on my CC it just says "pending charge from best buy $711"
Yes it's an "authorized operation". It's the usual two step process (amazon does that too). They reserve the funds, but the real transaction is when they ship.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up! My card indeed has a pending charge for the amount. Order still looks like this on the Account page.

image.png

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
I see pending charge on my cc too. Thanks for the heads up OP. Super excited. I hope they ship early since I know Canada Post will some how fuck up my order as usual (happening alot here in my area in Vaughan)

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Went in and changed the abbreviations on the billing address to perfectly match what our CC statement says. Never a problem before for orders or preorders through BB, but I've also never had them place a pending charge on the card before.

Fingers crossed it resolves the issue and they can take my money.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Went in and changed the abbreviations on the billing address to perfectly match what our CC statement says. Never a problem before for orders or preorders through BB, but I've also never had them place a pending charge on the card before.

Fingers crossed it resolves the issue and they can take my money.
Hello, glad to hear theres hope lol. How were you able to change it? Im still getting 006 error :(

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Hello, glad to hear theres hope lol. How were you able to change it? Im still getting 006 error :(

I went to Edit for my payment details on my order page for the Xbox, and selected to add a new card. Then I basically just put my same card info in, just with the modified address and hit save. No error, and it changed the billing address on my order.

EDIT: Charge just went onto my credit card from Best Buy! So I guess the address required was way more specific than usual. Hopefully the method I used to change my info helps you bypass the error Heliex

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish I had gotten in for Best Buy.

I just have this feeling Amazon.ca is gonna fail me.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Got my DE charged!

A little worried about Canada Post fuckery, but I guess I can put up with a day or two pick up delay

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My amazon order has changed from "pre-order" to "not yet shipped" but I haven't been charged.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone got a payment block from their cc yesterday got charged today after dealing with the bank?

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I went to Edit for my payment details on my order page for the Xbox, and selected to add a new card. Then I basically just put my same card info in, just with the modified address and hit save. No error, and it changed the billing address on my order.

EDIT: Charge just went onto my credit card from Best Buy! So I guess the address required was way more specific than usual. Hopefully the method I used to change my info helps you bypass the error Heliex
I fucking love you, that fixed it!! I had cards already saved on my account, but selecting one of them just gave me an error, adding a card directly in while modifying the payment doesnt cause the issue. hopefully someone who is also having this issue can try this out too! Thanks!

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Ok question . 2 days they tried to process my payment and didn't go through because my bank thought it's a fraud. Got text msg from the bank and I verified it's not a fraud. Yesterday I checked my bank and it seems they processed with the money from my credit card . It says pending on my credit card but my status on bestbuy still says in process and shipment expected nov 12 . Is this normal ?

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
Got charged on my CC yesterday for the DE. Only my Disk Edition now remains to be charged through paypal. All is good!

GamerEDM

Banned
May 7, 2020
im getting worried guys best buy canada has not pre charged or charged my credit card yet but order status says in progress .No pending charge on credit card. My friend ordered same time as me and got charged yesterday morning

p.s thanks for making this thread OP

Last edited:

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
im getting worried guys best buy canada has not pre charged or charged my credit card yet but order status says in progress . My friend ordered same time as me and got charged yesterday morning

p.s thanks for making this thread OP

It can take a while for pending charges to appear on your CC statement. What does it show on your Order Status page next to your CC? Does it still show $0,00 or does it show the full amount? If it shows the full amount, then it means they processed your payment successfully.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ok question . 2 days they tried to process my payment and didn't go through because my bank thought it's a fraud. Got text msg from the bank and I verified it's not a fraud. Yesterday I checked my bank and it seems they processed with the money from my credit card . It says pending on my credit card but my status on bestbuy still says in process and shipment expected nov 12 . Is this normal ?

Yes this is what everyone is seeing as well. What makes you think it's not normal?