• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Haha remember the time when that foo Discontent put his favourite FPS Perfect Dark as a poll option for best single player FPS of the 2000's and it got absolutely destroyed? Rofl while smh!!! Era sure burned the f--- out of themselves that day! I ain't salty and don't tell them I said this but they really revealed themselves to be naught but a miserable pile of secretion. They really embarrassed the whole of the internet and by extension humanity when they voted for all the wrong options. But I digress, that's not the kind of burn I'm looking for today; I'm looking for burns that one character gave to another in a video game.

Capcom really burned us by adding the monstrosity that is Kage in to SFV but
they redeemed themselves by making him get burned in spectacular fashion in his character story mode. Ryu basically just ignores this mofo tf out of existence!
I'm talking about 6:25 onwards in this video.

m.youtube.com

Street Fighter 5 - Kage Story Mode Walkthrough | PS4 Pro (4k 60fps)

Street Fighter 5 - Kage Story Mode Walkthrough | PS4 Pro (4k 60fps)For the Latest in Trailers & Gameplay go ahead and click that Subscribe button :)

So, what are your favourite burns that happened in video games?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
1481520756672.png

Oct 25, 2017
Rachel to Ragna in Blazblue (I forget which one...): You had thoughts!? Plural!? That must have been hard for you.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
BRUH IM FUCKING DYING. I saw you both and I was like

"MY PEOPLE"
I mean I want to find a clip of something but why bother? This is the peak of writing. Xehanort should count himself lucky his soul didn't get atomized by Woody's hellfire burns.

Between that, Buzz dismissing the entire summary of the plot of KH as some type of crazy fantasy, and Sully fucking yeeting Vanitas through a door I just loved how all the Pixar characters was on this constant "we ain't got time for this JRPG bullshit" mood lol

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"4.0 GPA, bitch. Suck on that when you sleep your way into a job."

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I do like how barrett's emphatic monologue about the planet dying is answered by cloud with "get help"

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
best part is kh is canon in toy story

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say GLaDOS repeatedly and ruthlessly ripping on Chell for the entire run of both Portal games would be my favorite

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I was under the impression that the writing/story/etc. in this game was praised but this is painful on every level. What gives?
You're seeing it out of context, it's pretty much a filler sidequest, and nobody ever said FF14 didn't have some awkward scenes, only that for every 1 weird one there's 20 that are captivating.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You're seeing it out of context, it's pretty much a filler sidequest, and nobody ever said FF14 didn't have some awkward scenes, only that for every 1 weird one there's 20 that are captivating.
Hrm. I'll remain skeptical, but ok. Cause like, this was seriously one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. 😂

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Heavenly Sword

"it's so much better when you're angry"

Full scene with setup:

just the callback/burn:

Nice reminder how far ahead of the game Ninja Theory has always been. Andy Serkis and his band of actors here (Anna Torv destorys everything as Nariko) absolutely knocked this game's cutscene acting and VO out of the park. This came out a few months before Uncharted but wasn't as accessible as the Indy/Tomb Raider "homage". They set the bar so damn high.