• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
There's The Last Drop from the Arcane series. Really appreciated how cool a name that was, but what are some other?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I like 7th Heaven from Final Fantasy VII

latest

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I always liked the Hoser Hut in How I met Your Mother.

There's a Last Drop here in Seattle, used to be my go to place when I lived nearby.

thelastdropseattle.com

THE LAST DROP - BOTTLE SHOP - SEATTLE

The Last Drop - Bottle Shop is Your Quality Beer & Wine Shop Serving Seattle's Roosevelt, Ravenna, and Maple Leaf Neighborhoods at 8016 15th Avenue NE. Twenty Eight Iconic Beers on Tap. Locally Sourced & Crafted with Love!

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

Biers is a multi-level pun: it has an assonance with the well-known bar "Cheers" ("where everybody knows your name" - Angua points out that Biers is where everybody knows your shape), and a bier is a stand used to hold a coffin prior to burial or cremation. This last is particularly appropriate considering the undead clientele. It may also be a reference to Ambrose Bierce, a 19th century humorist and author of various Gothic / horror novels (his best known work is "The Devil's Dictionary"). Bierce disappeared under mysterious circumstances in his 70's. while following Pancho Villa's army through Mexico and Texas, which may explain why the owner of Biers is never seen. Finally, the word "Biers" also refers to the German word "Bier" which means simply "beer".

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bar, but I always thought that Central Perk from Friends was cute.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I always liked the Hoser Hut in How I met Your Mother.

There's a Last Drop here in Seattle, used to be my go to place when I lived nearby.

thelastdropseattle.com

THE LAST DROP - BOTTLE SHOP - SEATTLE

The Last Drop - Bottle Shop is Your Quality Beer & Wine Shop Serving Seattle's Roosevelt, Ravenna, and Maple Leaf Neighborhoods at 8016 15th Avenue NE. Twenty Eight Iconic Beers on Tap. Locally Sourced & Crafted with Love!

Yup. I had Pliny the Younger at The Last Drop back in 2012. Nice place and the neighborhood is now great spot for craft beer options.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
The Whirling in Rags. A name I thought was odd until the game explains the lore.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mass Effect had some great ones like Afterlife, Flux, Eternity, and Dark Star.

They're not super clever names, but they're cool.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I could remember is Little Song from Hinamatsuri... so I guess it's the best for me by default?

120121869.jpg

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The Bang Bang Bar from Twin Peaks (I know everyone basically just refers to it as the Roadhouse in the show)

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
The Broken Drum in Ankh-morpork (Discworld) which became The Mended Drum after it was destroyed in a fire and rebuilt

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Drop is the name of a coffee shop near me. Have to imagine that's actually pretty common

My big brain idea has always been to open an aviator themed gay bar called The Cockpit. Surely it's already been done somewhere though