• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
The bad tomatoes and pickles at McDonald's thread inspired this, I found this article breaking down a lot of McD's discontinued menu items going back to the 60s. I think this one takes the cake:

soyummy.com

Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items You Probably Forgot About

McDonald's has introduced a lot of different menu items since the chain has been around. Here are some examples, let's dig in.

Apparently this was just a slice of pineapple with a slice of cheese between two buns, that's it. Gross.

Or how about McSpaghetti (discontinued in 1980)...

Charlie would be proud.

Post yours.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
McDonald's cinnamon melts. Much better than the traditional cinnamon rolls they replaced them with. Those were my go to fast food breakfast meal for years, went away when covid happened šŸ˜Ŗ

donhonk

Oct 30, 2017
McDonald's in my area used to have Cheese Danishes. Now those were good. Sadly I can find no evidence of their existence on the internet anywhere. (This was early 2000s)

edit: I've found some posts on Reddit actually! But zero pictures.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Sriracha Mac Burger with Sriracha Mac Sauce was badass. The sauce alone was sad to see go (Way better than the overhyped Szechaun sauce).

gallery-1500316280-sriracha-burger.png

Oct 30, 2017
SaltLemon.jpg

the salt & lemon from mcdonald's japan, AKA the greatest chicken sandwich in history. was a big deal in like 2010, they brought it back for a fleeting moment a couple of years ago as part of a throwback campaign. RIP

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I remember that McDonald's used to have a selection of deli sandwiches, at least here in Canada. I remember liking them, too. Also, they used to have both a Southwest chicken wrap and a Southwest salad, and they got rid of both. They brought one of them back as a "new" item (I think it was the salad), but I believe they got rid of it...again. They also had fries with parmesan and garlic seasoning, which was a limited time holiday offering a few years ago, but I don't think they've brought it back for any holiday season since.

Edit: They also had chicken snack wraps in two flavors; ranch and buffalo. I forgot about those until just now, so I'm not sure if they still offer them. Oh, and they got rid of their vanilla chai frappe, which sucks because it was easily my favorite thing to get from them, especially during hot summer days.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
2gAL94p.jpg

In the arms of an angel...

Both it and the Queso Crunchwrap used the same sauce, and it was godlike (when Taco Bell actually decided to put a decent amount on the damn thing, so a quarter of the time).

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
KFC UK crispy strips were the best fast food item ever imo

JI1SbL7.png

can't believe they replaced them with those awful mini fillets

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
McDs had a "Superfishmac" some time in the 1980s, best described as a McChicken-sized Fillet o'Fish with two slices of cheese and extra sauce tartare. was delicious, but didnt last very long.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
mcdonalds-Spicy-Chicken-Snack-Wrap.jpg

I was sad to see the McDonald's mcwrap go. Was a guilty pleasure of mine

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Basically every fast food place that served steak at breakfast like McDonalds, Dunkin, and even Cumberland Farms no longer offers them and it absolutely kills me. Taco Bell is the only place that does, but none of the ones near me open until like 10:30am for breakfast and stop serving at 11:00am which is worthless.

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Huh, both McFeast and Big Tasty are staples at McD here in Sweden for the last couple of decades.

My favorite long lost fast food item is the Whopper Pepper burger that Burger King here in Sweden used to have until around 2010.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
The Cajun McChicken at McDonald's. It was right before thr Hot N Spicy McChicken and was much better imo. The breading was smoother and it had a tang to it.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the McDonald's Snack Wrap & the Taco Bell Caramel Apple Empanada. Y'all were too good for this world.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Can't believe Taco Bell let me love the Mexican Pizza for over two decades just to take it away from me.

Should be a federal crime to be honest.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Bk's a1 steakhouse. Huge patty with crispy onions. When a restaurant made it with fresh ingredients, it was great.

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
The GOAT fast food breakfast item. And of course McDs had to discontinue it.
20140407050851350711.png

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll say it:

McPizza was the worst. There is a reason it was discontinued. It was gross (also it wasn't "fast" food).

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Arby's only had a single acceptable menu item and it was their popcorn chicken. When that left, so too did all of their worth.

May 22, 2018
Chicken Caesar Grilled Stuffed Burrito from Taco Bell. It sounds ridiculous and shouldn't have worked, but my god they were tasty. I miss them so much.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Their breakfast burrito and chicken fajita from the 90s were also surprisingly good:

9f44eb2d15add7aed5dfea93f2f7f9a7.jpg

It's also really odd that Taco Bell hasn't had a fajita that I can recall. Supposedly in the 80s??
The Burrito is still available in Canada, comes with the McDonalds Salsa too.
www.mcdonalds.com

Breakfast Burrito | McDonald's Canada

A savoury mix of fluffy eggs, green peppers, onions, sausage and processed cheddar cheese all wrapped in a warm white flour tortilla and served with salsa on the side.

Kodoku

Sep 20, 2019
I have to join the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza was the best. Tragedy that it was discontinued.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Taco Bell's Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme was awesome. It was my go-to on their menu back in the day. I sometimes get the beef version now, but it's nowhere near as good.

May 26, 2018
I want to say about half of Taco Bell's menu. The Mexican pizza, the spicy Doritos taco, the volcano burrito, the frito burritoā€¦ it just goes on and on

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I remember when I could get grande soft tacos for the price of what a regular soft taco is nowadays. Throw an empanada in and baby you've got a stew going.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
McDonald's Mushroom Angus Swiss burger was really good and the best burger they had. I miss it.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
2gAL94p.jpg

In the arms of an angel...

Both it and the Queso Crunchwrap used the same sauce, and it was godlike (when Taco Bell actually decided to put a decent amount on the damn thing, so a quarter of the time).

mcdonalds-Spicy-Chicken-Snack-Wrap.jpg

I was sad to see the McDonald's mcwrap go. Was a guilty pleasure of mine
These are the correct answers. The two greatest fast food items to eat in the car.

The other weird one that they've kind of discontinued is the quesarito. It disappeared for a while, but now they carry it, but only if you order it in the app, which they somehow always mess up for me. Let me just order it at the drive through window. What is this weird game we're playing where you tease me with it, Taco Bell?

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
Wendy's bacon jalapeno cheeseburger was amazing, from just a couple years ago. My wife and I were big fans, and I hope they bring it back before too long.

Jul 1, 2020
I was a big fan of The Edge pizza from Pizza Hut when it was available earlier this year. The Detroit Style is pretty solid too.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks to Era, I discovered the naked chicken chalupa from Taco Bell earlier this year.

Thanks to Era, I also know the absolute pain of its discontinuation/limited run nature.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Truly this is "Taco Bell, the thread." Naked Chicken Chalupa is the menu item they discontinued I'm saddest about, but the discontinuation of baja sauce is worse. I would basically get it on everything I ordered there. In like 2001 when my buddy worked at T-Bell, I'd come in during his close shift and he'd give me the left over gordita flatbreads with a cup of baja sauce. It was the best.

Honorable mention to the Wendy's Bacon Mozzarella burger. It had this amazing garlic mayo and was so good I ate it like twice a week until it was gone. The fact that I can still remember how it tastes like five years after it was discontinued... RIP, old friend.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the 90s, McDonald's sold a sandwich called the Cajun McChicken and it was incredible. This was at a time where McDonald's cheaper chicken sandwiches still used decent ingredients and it was $0.99.

mcchicken1.jpg

Dec 30, 2020

I miss the McDonald's Superhero Burger. Ate two of these back in the day.

Also the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. No longer have any reason to go there now.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jack in the Box used to have these really great breakfast bowls. Eggs, hash browns, sausage, and a cheese sauce. It was REALLY good, and then they dropped it.
They brought back a similar, but smaller version a couple of years ago called the Wakey Bakey Hash, which was one hashbrown, a fried egg and a garlic cheese sauce, but that went away too.