• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Obvious piggybacking off the other thread.

In terms of scenery, amenities, cleaniness, etc.etc.

For me it has to be the Icheon airport in Seoul. Everything was clean, so many lounges to choose from, public showers and nap areas. It even has a Shake Shack.

A fucking Shake Shack.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Living in Singapore, every time I return home and go through Changi I notice how much better than other airports it is. Only annoying thing is the carpet, it's perfection otherwise.

Some newer airports in Asia / Middle East doing well too. For example the international terminal in Mumbai is very good. Dubai has a great airport too. Hong Kong has a good airport but some elements are getting outdated.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shannon. Extremely clean and geared up for large transatlantic flights, but they are rare and I arrived an hour before my flight, managed to get through security, get food, and get on my plane in that time.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Changi, for obvious reasons. Also liked Haneda and SFO. Really dig bright wide open spaces.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Vancouver or Osaka, probably. Although I had a bad experience in the Vancouver airport just this week-end, security were such uptight assholes to everyone and almost made me miss my flight -_-

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam easily, all in one terminal and fast, easy transfers

The new T2 at Heathrow is nice too, but I would never want to transfer at London.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Since of course everyone is going to say something foreign , I'll cape for the USA and say Denver International. Visit Colorado, it's a gorgeous state

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
MSP, YVR, and PHX terminal 3 are my favs in the US. Heathrow is pretty killer, and so is CDG.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The best I've been to is probably either Orlando (outbound) or the AirFrance terminal at CDG

The worst may be the old terminal at CDG!

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, you can't beat Changi.

Unless you count in Incheon, which is an amazing airport to be stranded in during a long lay-over. Free showers, you can take day tours to Seoul, so many quiet nooks and corners.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
my own, in Phoenix, but I don't travel outside the states much

we have the best food out of any airport I've been to. almost every single restaurant now is a local AZ chain, and they got rid of fast food pretty much entirely. theres even a couple fine dining options.

I was briefly in Denver for a layover which is apparently really nice but I don't remember it

Last edited:

hiro42

Apr 2, 2018
Incheon gets my vote. There are free showers there and plenty of places to relax and take a nap!

Chiangi is cool too but didn't really spend enough time to experience it.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Haven't flown much outside of the US, but I really like the Austin airport. Nice and simple layout, quick security lines, plenty of solid food and drink options.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Excluding international, I thought Denver airport was really nice. The train in from the city is very convenient as well.

I like the Charlotte airport as well, the vibe is cool in there.

I use Austin a lot, I really like it. Easy to get in and out. Security is quick and they aren't dicks.

The Atlanta airport, it's just so damn crowded, haha.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
As mentioned in the other thread it's Robin Hood at Doncaster. The staff are super friendly, and because the airport is so small it's an easy and relaxing experience compared to bigger airports. Last time I was there a few of the staff got hot drinks and sat with us as we waited for our flight.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Changi for sure. I love the cactus garden. It's usually pretty quiet there and it's a great place to wait for your flight.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'll also go US... Dallas Love Field is great. Not a lot of international flights since it's the hub and headquarters for Southwest, but nice looking and very straightforward to get in and out. Which should be the chief consideration for airport quality.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Doha is pretty great. Heard a lot of great things about Changi. Would love to see it.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
A bit of a side note, but apparently Vancouver International Airport has been ranked as the "Best Airport in North America" for 10 years in a row.

And like... do all airports in North America just really suck?

I've been to Vancouver's airport multiple times, and it's good, yeah. It's pleasant, clean, and modern, but there's nothing otherwise noteworthy about it. Is not being shitty all it takes?

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Changi and Hong Kong Airport are the best. Only been to a few countries but those two will always be a standout to me.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
MĂĽnchen. It also won the awards over the years for the best terminal (along with Changi and Incheon, it's a highly contested award).

The worst airport I have been to is Dubai. There isn't even enough toilet capacity...

Also there is more to an airport than just itself, the infrastructure to support it I also consider, such as public transport infrastructure connected to it like rail services, some countries like America don't have this at all for many airports.

Last edited:

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I connect out of DFW frequently and it's always pleasant. MIA always sticks out too for having a couple dope Cuban bakeries for breakfast

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Singapore airport was so nice for a transfer that I 'm going to stop in the city the next time that I head that way. Figure if the airport is that good then the city itself must be even better.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I love Austin Bergstorm International, but I'm biased.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Hong Kong and Singapore. HK being the most comfy and seems to have become the template for airport design since. Singapore's new terminal is impressive, like Marina bay it's sort of become a theme park, everything is oriented for expats and tourists passing through.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Best? Hmm... not sure; I've been to a lot of airports. Favorite is probably Logan International in Boston, for sentimental reasons.