• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Shame Demolition Man was given no chance in the first round..

I would never have chosen Dusk till Dawn over Kindergarten Cop personally, and I've never liked Starship Troopers but that one doesn't surprise me

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Great job OP! Some real tough choices here.

The Matrix' inclusion is valid, but it is strange to see it with this crowd so I associate it so much more with the Early 2000s.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lmao at T2 being pitted against Judge Dredd. That's nowhere close to a fair fight. With that said, it's hard to consider anything else from that decade beating Judgement Day for me.

The Matrix is an odd one for me. I saw that movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but not before having also seen at least one sequel (Reloaded) and several of its imitators and parodies from a lot of works that came after that movie. I'm personally having some trouble feel disassociating all of the stuff it has influenced from the source material itself, with respect to seeing how good the action is or has held up over the years.

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The Matrix, Terminator 2, Hard Boiled, Heat (or Ronin)

would be my ideal final four

But I bet T2's going to take the win

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a lot of calories burned typing that whole tournament bracket by the OP, when they could have stopped after only typing "T2"...

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something, but my top 3 is T2, Ronin, and Heat.

EDIT: Goldeneye as well.

Last edited:

Karamsoul

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Goldeneye Pierce Brosnan did a live watch/commentary of the movie a few days ago.

This honestly makes me sad. Life is such a fleeting thing, when compared to time. I remember watching Pierce in Remington Steele back in the 80's, during the prime of his life. Reveled in his introduction as James Bond in the 90's after Timothy Dalton (who was equally great). Now, some almost done 30 odd years later, he's hitting the poignant, waning phase of his life. It's truly quite the sobering experience watching from afar.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My boyfriend and I had a loot of fun going through this (and added a bunch of stuff to our movie list ...Executive Decision was so good!!). Thanks OP 🤣

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Final Four:

Jurassic Park
Speed
True Lies
Saving Private Ryan

Kind of a weird final four TBH