• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
T2 without question. If you were including 80's Die Hard would give it a run for its money though.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
when T2 loses

AgonizingGlisteningKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

jurassic park is a near perfect movie

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
MI getting beat by Goldeneye ain't an upset. MI was just okay to the superior 4 thru 6. GE is top tier Bond

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its more campy.

Thats it.

Its not even John Woos best film.

Hard Boiled vs the Matrix would actually be a better debate.
I've watched both The Matrix and Face/Off in the last year and I prefer the latter. Don't get me wrong, The Matrix is a good movie too but Face/Off is so glorious in how it constantly one-ups itself that I can't help but love it. The opening action sequence is insane and deserves recognition. Sure, it's not John Woo's best movie but it's still great.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
No movie starring Sandra Bullock is the best of anything, and Reeves sucks in that as well honestly

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I see Mission Impossible lost to Goldeneye, but just barely. My favourite MI vs the only good Brosnan Bond. Sad to see MI lose, but Goldeneye should waltz through its next opponent, so it's not a complete loss.
But really it should come down to Matrix vs T2, because none of the others match up

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
MI vs Golden Eye was knife's edge...

Too bad Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels lost out. :(

Rooting for Die Hard 3 now.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Mission Impossible 1 wasn't great as an action movie, but great overall. If it was anything from 3 on, different story.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I'm confused by Rumble in the Bronx
Like that one inclusion means whoever made the list was OK with HK produced films. But that's the only one that's worthy of being considered?

It's just odd.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Terminator 2. There are a handful of action movies that are on par with it like the John Wick series, Fury Road, Aliens, Robocop, Die Hard, and Raiders of the Last Ark, but T2 was by far the best of 90's.

OP
OP
doof_warrior

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm confused by Rumble in the Bronx
Like that one inclusion means whoever made the list was OK with HK produced films. But that's the only one that's worthy of being considered?

It's just odd.
i think is an american/hollywood centric list
rumble in the bronx was jackie's first big western hit right?
i mean, relative hit haha

but yeah, there's other jackie movies that are better. but i guess i can see how it ended up on here
i'd replace the entire jcvd/seagall section with jackie chan movies if it were up to me

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Damn shame, I agree. One of my favorite movies ever.

There's a clear top 4 for me in this contest and Ronin was one of those 4. I was thinking maybe people still haven't seen it but it has roughly the same amount of votes as Air Force One so go figure. Fantastic movie that takes its time with slower scenes and building up the characters. I love the mix of known and unknown actors in the main cast.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
There's a clear top 4 for me in this contest and Ronin was one of those 4. I was thinking maybe people still haven't seen it but it has roughly the same amount of votes as Air Force One so go figure. Fantastic movie that takes its time with slower scenes and building up the characters. I love the mix of known and unknown actors in the main cast.
Yup, love the mix of actors. Also, the setting is just incredible and I love the gloomy/espionage/gritty theme and filter the movie has going on. Music is awesome, too. Its in my top 3 of all time, I think I watch it once a year.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Ronin is awesome. It has the grit of a crime thriller, but everyone's a ruthless ex-spook/mercenary/assassin.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Including Hard Boiled wouldn't be fair to the rest of the contestants. Just think of this poll as a battle for second place.

giphy.gif

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should be T2 over The Matrix in the finals, but obviously that won't happen with the categories.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
heat is obviously the best film in that list by a long shot, but i have no idea why he's placed in there. It's mostly a crime drama story
and the answer is hard boiled.