• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
March madness is back in April for a special quarantine edition!

ACTIONMOVIES-01.jpg

EDIT:
ROUND 6
docs.google.com

BEST 90s ACTION MOVIES: FINALS

"I'M GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT" ROUND 6: FINALS VOTING ENDS: Wednesday, May 13 @ 9pmET CREATED BY: The Sep Tub (cageclub.me/tub) SHARE: cageclub.me/bracket

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Well Jurassic Park or hopefully Terminator 2 wins that free lol. Nothing on the right hand side touches those two.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't consider Jurassic Park an action movie. But it is clearly among the best movies there.

T2 or Matrix have this on lock.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've seen all of these movies. I'm guessing it'll be T2 vs Heat for the finale.

OP
OP
doof_warrior

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I didn't make the bracket, if I had the entire jvcd seagl section would be replaced with Jackie chan hk movies

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
No HK action films in that list

T2 will most likley win

Rumble in the Bronx is there, under Mid day specials rather than action comedy for some reason, but sure a lot more HK movies can get on that list. I mean, nothing at all with Jet Li or Chow Yun Fat. If the Matrix was influential, then its influences should be there as well. What about Hard Boiled? The Mission (Johnnie To, 1999) is a personal favourite as well, as good as Heat in my mind.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I am disappointed that it took 4 posts till Terminator 2 was mentioned. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN #2

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its the Matrix

It redefined Action Cinema - 20 years later, its still being ripped off.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
T2 easily. It redefined the summer blockbuster when it came out. It's influence is still felt to this day.

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, Jurassic Park vs The Mummy. No matter who wins, the other deserved to make it farther than first round.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
yup that was a rough one. jp is gonna kill it, but the mummy deserves more recognition than it tends to get
I didn't want to show favoritism in my overall sentiment but yeah...jp is gonna slaughter, and rightly so.
But the Mummy is awesome and one of my top favorite action adventure movies from that era.

OP
OP
doof_warrior

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
ROUND 2 IS LIVE
docs.google.com

BEST 90s ACTION MOVIES: Round 2

We saw a couple of upsets last round, and make sure to check out the NEW CLIPS. Shit's getting serious. ROUND 2: From 32 to 16. VOTING ENDS: Wednesday, April 29 at 9pmET. CREATED BY: The Sep Tub (cageclub.me/tub) SHARE: cageclub.me/bracket

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Damn there were so many good action movies in the 90s.

T2 is the correct answer for the best action movie of the 90s though. Not sure it will win as a lot of time has passed and a lot of bad sequels have diluted the value of the franchise whereas something like Heat is left unsullied for all time. But T2 is just perfection for an action movie.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Face/Off isn't in the same league as the Matrix.

Matrix should win by a landslide