• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are You Excited For Non-Annualized EA Titles Next Gen

• Yes

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • No

Votes: 53 37.1%
  • Reserving Judgement Until Further Notice

Votes: 61 42.7%

• Total voters

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
They have their sports titles (this includes NFS), Battlefield 6, and APEX seasons. But really looking toward next gen and things to get excited for, is EA anywhere on that list for you?

Aside from the studios/teams doing the titles above, they have BioWare's 2 teams, Respawn's other teams and Motive.
- BioWare is a shell of it's former self and is coming off two major AAA duds that have left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Let's be honest, there's really nothing BioWare can do besides put out another masterpiece to get their reputation back. They just aren't the same studio.
- Motive has SWBF2's campaign, a cancelled SW game, and a currently under dev smaller SW game to their name. Not exactly a confidence builder.
- And then there's Respawn, hot off the "good enough" SWJFO but with an increased focus on APEX (it has pushed their other TF universe projects back), and the license set to expire in just about 3 years, we don't even know if they'll get to follow up Fallen Order. Although it should still be stated that Respawn is the golden goose at EA and their best and brightest chance at putting out something more people than not will love.

I view Activision as having this same problem, but with them totally stepping out of their normal business and publishing Sekiro, they seem to at least acknowledge they need to branch out from Call of Duty.

Are you looking forward to non-annualized EA titles for next gen?

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, from what I've seen this gen most EA games were going to be the micro-transaction money bleeding kind.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I expect nothing from EA and still expect them to under deliver.

Hard to believe once in a short period of time they released Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect 2.

Still the last game of theirs I really liked was Titanfall 2, I can always hope for TF3.

Deleted member 14939

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Came in here expecting EA Originals ro not be mentioned.

Sea of Solitude, Fe, and A Way Out were all really interesting experiments that are indicative of the - admittedly smaller - experiences EA should continue to publish next gen.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Well, Criterion and Motive are doing new IP's. Maybe Respawn make something that's not Titanfall (Medal of Honor maybe).

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
EA will aquire and destroy good studios to the end of our days. That's next gen. Looking forward to the last good games from Respawn before it disintegrates like BioWare. We just had our Mass Effect 2 moment. But I'm also looking forward to the next amazing company it gets that gives us their best AAA release to date before getting EA'd.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Maybe another Dragon Age and Mass Effect that's at least semi-decent again.

Uh... Jedi Fallen Order 2?

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Calling Fallen Order just "good enough" feels like very purposely selling it short "bEcUz Ea". It's very unpolished but there's a very good Star Wars game there, one of the best we've ever gotten. I'm not looking forward to much that EA publishes next gen but I can't wait to see a sequel to Jedi Fallen Order.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I still have hope that they'll turn it around and learn from their mistakes for next gen. They could very well double down and keep going in their current direction but I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Oct 29, 2017
Man for a while there last gen EA was on a roll. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, Kingdoms of Amalur, Alice... they were releasing all of my favorite stuff for a while.

I'm in the tank for BioWare come what may, but past that it's hard to see any appeal.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it doesnt sound like there is anything they can do to impress you. Im enjoying starwars and ill continue to play anything they put out that seems good to me

Saleal

May 24, 2019
more predatory micro transactions, especially now their recent star wars game did well critically and financially, just watch the sequel be drowned in typically ea business model.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
EA is on a good streak between NFS Heat, PvZ Garden Warfare, and Jedi: Fallen Order. Let's see if they can keep the good vibes going

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously excited about the CnC recreation.

Other than that, they publish a ton of games. I'm sure some of them will manage to be good, even just by accident.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Anthem reboot..

a next gen version could be great if they overhaul the entire game, ( which is what they are doing It seems.)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I just want another Crysis/Dead Space or even a remaster of the trilogies. I'll most probably get none of these from EA.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm reserving judgement, I want the teams to make great games, especially BioWare but at this moment I have no evidence from them or EA that they or any other team will. Fallen order is the start of rebuilding that faith but 1 positive game isn't enough after all of the horrible stuff EA had put out and said over the years.

For some reason EA always learns the wrong lessons from both success and failure so we'll see what they learn from Fallen Order.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
For as long as they have BioWare in their belt, I will be excited about at least a few of their games. There is a new Dragon Age in the works after all.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like BioWare has heard the criticisms of their last few projects loud and clear and I'm hoping that they can focus up and deliver the types of games that they were known for in the past.

I'm also looking forward to see what Battlefield can do on next gen hardware, especially with destruction.

Anything by Respawn will be good

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of this will hinge on whether or not the Dtar Wars licence is extended. Red pawn clearly have a lot of talent, but if they can't work on Star Wars then EA would be wise to still let them make a big single player game.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
If Respawn improves on even from Jedi Fallen Order, it'll be one of the best action adventure games of next gen. But thats all I care for. And whatever SW game that isn't Battlefront 3 or Jedi

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Just Battlefront 3 and DA4. At least they'll look freaking amazing on next gen.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
I know Bioware is looking at smaller projects and those could be interesting. And I am at least curious to see more EA indie initiative stuff especially the Joseph Farrah followup.