• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 10+ years, the theory is more or less confirmed.

I looked over the scans again and I can't find the Gaeseric panel lol. I'll just wait for the proper scanlations from Mangareader.

Is the hair turning black why people are saying he's the moonlight kid? Does that mean the moonlight kid was always Griffith? That's all sorts of what the fuck. If so those older scenes when the kid was with Casca and Guts are gonna look so different now O_o

Look at the moon in the panels before he leaves.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
In other Berserk related news...

ixmq4l2drku21.jpg
There's no one pretty enough to play griffith so what ya gonna do then

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
New chapter stuff:
So you're freaking telling me we might see Griffith in Elfhelm as soon as next chapter? OMG. This shit is going to be wild.

Oct 28, 2017
California
What's Griffith's real endgame now? We all know that he wanted a kingdom, but now that he's a demigod, why does that matter? Why is he playing politics with beings that are far beneath him? Doesn't he have the strength on his own to accomplish those goals? Does he revert back to his human self to fool himself? To give himself purpose, even though he has to delude himself into doing so?

That line from that one noble, Foss, "A grand fantasy is essential...All of us, require our own illusion to be intoxicated by". Maybe that's the only way he gets high now, I don't know maybe I'm reaching or missing something.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
..so Griffith is the Moonlight Baby?

What does this mean
I'm not sure what it actually means but I'm thinking the moonlight boy is going back to Casca (assuming Griffith has no control over what moonlight boy does) and there the Elf Queen will realize what he really is or something, setting up the first encounter between Guts and Griffith. I mean, the Guts and Casca reunion is already loaded with emotions and possibilities, and now Miura is throwing this into the mix as well. I really have no idea how things will pan out at the island now.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's Griffith's real endgame now? We all know that he wanted a kingdom, but now that he's a demigod, why does that matter? Why is he playing politics with beings that are far beneath him? Doesn't he have the strength on his own to accomplish those goals? Does he revert back to his human self to fool himself? To give himself purpose, even though he has to delude himself into doing so?

That line from that one noble, Foss, "A grand fantasy is essential...All of us, require our own illusion to be intoxicated by". Maybe that's the only way he gets high now, I don't know maybe I'm reaching or missing something.

Griffith has been groomed to be ruler of the kingdom, which is exactly what he is setting up to do and this episode is very explicit in his objetives. Rule the unified land of men. What is the final goal of GH and IOE is a bit more murky.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is NuGriffith much more feminine than he used to be, pre-eclipse.

Anyway, I really can't say what this story is aiming for. It almost seems like this Griffith is a good guy, of some sort.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure what it actually means but I'm thinking the moonlight boy is going back to Casca (assuming Griffith has no control over what moonlight boy does) and there the Elf Queen will realize what he really is or something, setting up the first encounter between Guts and Griffith. I mean, the Guts and Casca reunion is already loaded with emotions and possibilities, and now Miura is throwing this into the mix as well. I really have no idea how things will pan out at the island now.

This would definitely match with what Miura said in that recent interview with LeFigaro. Poor Casca

It means in order to kill Griffith Gut will have to kill his own kid

As if shit wasn't horrifying enough already. I wonder if this will lead to Guts reconsider his revenge but he seems to be too far gone now and Griffith definitely gotta get murked for all his bullshit

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To become God himself.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Griffith playing the endgame now.

1- make your entire country love you
2- Get Behelith
3- ??????
4- Griffith is god now

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Another Griffith chapter? Fucking hell.

I have no idea how some of you have survived like this for so long.

another griffith chapter...gah

Yep, I also hate when important plot points are revealed, some backstory about the setting is fleshed out, a longtime theory from well over a decade ago is finally confirmed, and when the the plot is pushed forward to allow for higher stakes with a bigger, more emotional payoff.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, I also hate when important plot points are revealed, some backstory about the setting is fleshed out, a longtime theory from well over a decade ago is finally confirmed, and when the the plot is pushed forward to allow for higher stakes with a bigger, more emotional payoff.
That's all great but except for the last page, the chapter was pretty trivial and unimportant next to the cliffhanger, something the series has been building up for so many years and over several arcs now.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to catch up. I dip in and out with reading because I was determined to buy all the volumes rather than read them online. Last I bought was 27 I think. Probably buy a few more this week. But at like £10-12 each, it's proved really expensive ha.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
Have people not liked the newer episodes?

It's just that there was a major break through last year and the story switched to a different perspective after that. And you pretty much have people complaining about another chapter following the path of a different character although it would make no thematic sense to suddenly switch back.

I get Berserk Hiatuses suck for everyone but you gotta think about it as a whole rather than in a bubble. The latest chapters set up the larger goal for the current state of the world outside of Guts and his quest whilst also setting up threads which will be relevant for Guts and his party later down the line.

The latest episodes have been great, it's just the wait has made people antsy as the perspective change happened before the major breakthrough was 'resolved' even if it did make some sense. I find it's better to judge the chapters and episodes contained in them on a per volume basis as it flows way better.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they do
the problem is that why might get like 5 chapter a year. Like for example a major event happen like a year ago and we tattoo chapter since then and they don't focus on that major event
It's just that there was a major break through last year and the story switched to a different perspective after that. And you pretty much have people complaining about another chapter following the path of a different character although it would make no thematic sense to suddenly switch back.

I get Berserk Hiatuses suck for everyone but you gotta think about it as a whole rather than in a bubble. The latest chapters set up the larger goal for the current state of the world outside of Guts and his quest whilst also setting up threads which will be relevant for Guts and his party later down the line.

The latest episodes have been great, it's just the wait has made people antsy as the perspective change happened before the major breakthrough was 'resolved' even if it did make some sense. I find it's better to judge the chapters and episodes contained in them on a per volume basis as it flows way better.
Right, gotcha. I'm kind of immune to the hiatuses because I'm always so far behind. And even if/when I do catch up, I'll be waiting for enough episodes to compile a volume to come out. I By breakthrough, are you referring to
Casca being herself again/waking up?
That's like the one thing I know about New Berserk, but really nothing outside of that.

My friends are always talking when a new episode gets announced, but like I said, I've stubbornly put myself so far behind. May as well follow through with it now though.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
Right, gotcha. I'm kind of immune to the hiatuses because I'm always so far behind. And even if/when I do catch up, I'll be waiting for enough episodes to compile a volume to come out. I By breakthrough, are you referring to
Casca being herself again/waking up?
That's like the one thing I know about New Berserk, but really nothing outside of that.

My friends are always talking when a new episode gets announced, but like I said, I've stubbornly put myself so far behind. May as well follow through with it now though.

That's the one. It ended before any real 'resolution' as a cliffhanger and the perspective change then irked a few people (Even I was a bit annoyed at first) But the setup that these chapters have done make a lot of sense and when it switches back to Guts perspective, it will be strengthened by what we just saw in the past couple of chapters.

On Berserk Hiatuses, I usually just re-read the volumes anyway to pick up on new details I may have missed or refresh myself on characters/events. Berserk is a series much more better to read in bulk but the hiatuses don't support that unfortunately.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That's the one. It ended before any real 'resolution' as a cliffhanger and the perspective change then irked a few people (Even I was a bit annoyed at first) But the setup that these chapters have done make a lot of sense and when it switches back to Guts perspective, it will be strengthened by what we just saw in the past couple of chapters.

On Berserk Hiatuses, I usually just re-read the volumes anyway to pick up on new details I may have missed or refresh myself on characters/events. Berserk is a series much more better to read in bulk but the hiatuses don't support that unfortunately.
I kinda disagree. The last few chapters do make sense, just not right after the cliffhanger. They should have been set up before.

The switch from the cliffhanger to the Jotun battle was and is still so jarring. So far, there were only two really important points: the world tree teleport and the moonlight boy; both pretty huge, I agree, but the padding to get through them couldn't be put at a worst time. I can honestly imagine myself flicking through the Griffith chapters in a volume just to get a glimpse at their reunion and their reactions.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Complaining about pace and structure without knowing what's ahead is disingenuous. When he shifted the perspective of the story ending in that hook, he probably had a specific reason to do it. This episode seems to specify how the two locations will be tied together. Going back right away to Guts without explaining why the story shifted in the first place would be weird.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Complaining about pace and structure without knowing what's ahead is disingenuous. When he shifted the perspective of the story ending in that hook, he probably had a specific reason to do it. This episode seems to specify how the two locations will be tied together. Going back right away to Guts without explaining why the story shifted in the first place would be weird.
The outcome of a plot doesn't really have much to do with the pacing. It's like saying the road isn't bumpy because we don't know the destination yet.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Like the complaints about the boat journey taking forever they'll fade into the sands of time once we get the complete picture. It's the breaks that really make things feel like the drag or are a bigger deal than they really are.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This would definitely match with what Miura said in that recent interview with LeFigaro. Poor Casca

As if shit wasn't horrifying enough already. I wonder if this will lead to Guts reconsider his revenge but he seems to be too far gone now and Griffith definitely gotta get murked for all his bullshit
I dunno about that. I feel like, if anything, he's been mellowing out since forming the party and if Casca can come out ok he might not care as much anymore.

I think whether Gutts and the crew go after Griffith or not will depend on Casca. Either her not being able to be fixed or her being the one who wants revenge or maybe her even wanting to set the world right due to their rescue being the thing that gave him the chance to use the egg. I think any revenge on Griffith will be a result of what happens with her or what she wants to do. Gutts already accomplished his goal, we hope, so now it's time to see what she wants.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
That's all great but except for the last page, the chapter was pretty trivial and unimportant next to the cliffhanger, something the series has been building up for so many years and over several arcs now.

Everyone is so focused on the last two pages, but let's not forget about the potential setup Miura is starting for Sonia.

She says she's going somewhere, and I've got a strong feeling she's not going to be too far behind Guts and Casca's son to Elfhelm. It would make sense and slot right in by introducing a lot of new story elements while allowing her to grow as a character.

We would see Schierke and Sonia meeting again just like Sonia said they would, she could also find out about Griffith's sacrifice/rape. That could eventually lead her to doubting or maybe even betraying Griffith which would get the ball rolling for the eventual downfall of Falconia.

Throw in the fact that I feel like Elfhelm is in pretty big danger at the moment with a possible invasion ON TOP OF the emotional family reunion drama and you've got one hell of a setup for the upcoming chapters!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone is so focused on the last two pages, but let's not forget about the potential setup Miura is starting for Sonia.

She says she's going somewhere, and I've got a strong feeling she's not going to be too far behind Guts and Casca's son to Elfhelm. It would make sense and slot right in by introducing a lot of new story elements while allowing her to grow as a character.

We would see Schierke and Sonia meeting again just like Sonia said they would, she could also find out about Griffith's sacrifice/rape. That could eventually lead her to doubting or maybe even betraying Griffith which would get the ball rolling for the eventual downfall of Falconia.

Throw in the fact that I feel like Elfhelm is in pretty big danger at the moment with a possible invasion ON TOP OF the emotional family reunion drama and you've got one hell of a setup for the upcoming chapters!

Yeah, you make a good point. I definitely didn't pay much attention to the Sonia stuff, I thought it was just the usual fluff but she does seem to get most of the screen time compared to other members of the new Band (Where the heck is Irvine?) and that's intentional. I'll still say though that this whole set up should have happened before the cliffhanger - perhaps when they were still in the Dream - but it is what it is.

Regarding a possible invasion, I always thought the fact that time works differently on the island was going to play into it somehow. If Guts leaves the island to find most of the world cleansed of Apostles and trouble by Griffith, it would have made him look like the true villain in the world instead, which would lead to/justify an invasion of the island.

Anyway I'm sure the Griffith chapters are pretty much over now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Griffith shows us that, once again, he did nothing wrong. Griffith was made by with people, for the people.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that people in Windham soon start being savvy to Griffith "Playing House" and find out about the Wolf in Sheeps clothing aspect to his character.

Feels like Miura is setting up Laban, Mule and Sonia to be the key 3 to find out the darkness behind Griffith and his overall plans, whilst everyone else is enraptured in his fantasy.

I agree with the previous poster that big things are being set up with Sonia. Her premonition abilities are gonna be key in finding out who Griffith really is and it's gonna be interesting how Sonia is gonna react when/if she finds out about Griffiths whole facade.