• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's to 30 yrs of not having any idea what to do with the story and never finishing it.

The art is great at points, tho'!

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
It is an amazing read I really wish i had the money or I was crazy enough to buy all the manga physically.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Berserk being a bit older than me and not even finished always slaps my face. I read it the first time 10 years ago. It's just great, but his art looks cuter nowadays. Cant really explain it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Is it expected of Miura ever finishing it? Like, has he talked about it at all?
In a recent interview, after starting a new series titled Duranki (for which he's doing the writing/storyboards/drafts), we learned (summary):

"He hopes to use Duranki as an opportunity to improve his assistants' skills so that he will be more comfortable offloading more of Berserk work to his assistants, too. Potentially speeding up Berserk releases."

He's clearly expecting to finish it. Just depends whether he has enough time or not.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Berserk
Song Of Fire & Ice
HxH
D-Gray Man
Nana
Gundam Seed series conclusion

Nana was a tough one, undisclosed illness for the author. For those not in the loop, she did that small bit in 2013 but hasn't worked on manga beyond that in almost 10 years now. Pretty much have to assume it's never happening.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
And it still not finished yet...

You know, I used to think that Miura had the gall to work on new title, while Berserk hasn't been finished yet... /: (

Yeah that's probably not uncommon for Manga authors, but still, could he focused on Berserk for now???

And then I read Duranki...

duranki-40622.jpg

71aef38ebd9d16f393adeb88d199fe4b1b94cbaf22a5d7f80e2d7492ef613784.jpg

I forgive him for now.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying the mexican release. The editorial now coincide with the japanese release, but I'm still at vol 19. At least there are enough copies to don't worry.
The Golden Arc was a amazing read and one of my highlist this year.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I read scanlations years ago up to where they got in the boat and stopped because of the slow release pace. Never went back to it when new chapters started appearing. So now I can afford (and enjoy) large physical releases, I'm loving the huge black deluxe hardcover releases every 6 months or so. They're coming at such a slow but steady pace that by the time it catches up to the last chapters there should be quite a fair chunk that's new to me, and in the meantime I'm taking my time going through the old material again and loving 'em.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Only watched the old anime, still waiting for the manga.
I heard it is slowly (in Miura metric of time) coming to an end?

graemebuchan

Mar 29, 2019
I finally started reading this recently via digital on Apple books. ÂŁ3.49 per volume is a steal! Currently only on volume 8, so a long way to go to get to 40, but it is incrdible so far and easily up there for me with Akira, Gunnm and Nausicaa, which are my personal G.O.A.T mangas.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I think this series genuinely has the best character designs in a manga ever tbh. The amount of detail in the artwork and just how much of a page turner it is was a sight to see. Always feels like you're reading the most well thought out storyboard for a show.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably my favorite franchise of all time. The 97 anime was my introduction to the series, but really not something I should've been watching at such a young age.
oh, I really gotta recommend the Deluxe Edition of the manga thats being released right now - shits absolutely beautiful.

OP
OP
ASilentProtagonist

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Berserk being a bit older than me and not even finished always slaps my face. I read it the first time 10 years ago. It's just great, but his art looks cuter nowadays. Cant really explain it.
I hope he returns to the dark grittier style for the next arc. He might be just doing it because this arc is called Fantasia

graemebuchan

Mar 29, 2019
Just got through the Eclipse and the end of the Golden Age arc... holy $hit! Mind blown. But, back to black swordman Guts! Excited to see what coems next :)

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
As much as I like the manga, I wouldn't recommend it to people due to the glacial release schedule and poor pacing over the years. I just don't see it ending anytime soon, or having a satisfying ending if/when it does.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
So excited to catch up after the first encounter on Elfheim.

Really wish I still had the PS2 Game, the way Guts moved in that was absolutely beautiful. The soundtrack, with Hirasawa, was also superb.

Last edited:

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Amazon has Berserk digitally for $3.99 right now. Cheapest I've seen it. And if you have comixology and Amazon linked, you'll have then through comixology. I bought the rest that i needed.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has Berserk digitally for $3.99 right now. Cheapest I've seen it. And if you have comixology and Amazon linked, you'll have then through comixology. I bought the rest that i needed.

I wonder if this is a sale price or a permament price drop. I only have 1-3 and 36-40 on Kindle, but I wouldn't mind buying the entire run over time.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I'm desperate for Berserk stuff... I would even watch third season of that god awful animated show. But well animated and well adapted reboot would be dream come true.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Now's a great time to get into the manga tbh, it's made some real strides in the past five or so years as the ball of fate starts rolling again with some real momentum.

The past almost two years we have gotten like 4 chapters and two of those did not move the plot forward at all lmao

Ive completely given up on it finishing it still has so much to go clearly and even if it picks up more its still not enough

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I thought Berserk had issues until I caught up with Hunter x Hunter recently, god damn has the writer really made it so much more work for himself than it needed to be.
Masochism, I'll wager. :P
oObrHIN.png
The past almost two years we have gotten like 4 chapters and two of those did not move the plot forward at all lmao

Ive completely given up on it finishing it still has so much to go clearly and even if it picks up more its still not enough
8 in the past two years.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Masochism, I'll wager. :P
oObrHIN.png

8 in the past two years.

Im talking about since the moment of
Casca waking up
but yea its a couple more than I thought but still just like a snails pace and clearly wont be over for a long time.

Just wish for a manga like this they would just say its gonna be awhile before we get anything and then release solid chunks at a time cause waiting 4 months for 5 minute chapter is a terrible way to experience a story