• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you agree with Bernie?

• Yes

Votes: 2,206 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 468 17.5%

• Total voters

GP2020

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
I'll vote down ballot but I'm not voting for Biden and I'm sure as shit not going to reward a party that's insulted me and my positions constantly for the past five years. I refuse to vote for a return to the normalcy that got us Trump in the first place, the same "normalcy" that has fucked me over for the past 30 years. A third of my life has been shit due to failed economic and social policies (on the left and right). I'm not getting any of that back and it fucking sucks.

If a vote for green is a vote for Trump in a contested state, then consider me a Trump voter because I'd rather get past Trump and let the pendulum swing far left in 2024, hoping that either green party gets their federal funding or dems finally get the fucking message than vote for Biden in 2020 only for it to swing even further right in response in 2024.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I agree. I don't think all his followers are, but I absolutely think at least a fairly vocal amount of his followers are no different than red hats. Obviously not policy wise, but in the ride or die mindset.

I supported Bernie Sanders because of the ideas he said he stood for. It wasn't a cult of personality.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i'm just going to say it outright.

as a victim, i can't cope with the reality i'm living in where my choices are between two rapists. i can't cope with the reality that no one cares about victims until it's politically convenient for them. this morning i cried over the fact that this is the choice i have to make. i don't want to live in this reality. i want to go somewhere else. why doesn't anyone care? why won't someone do something? why can't it be anyone but a rapist? am i irresponsible for wanting a general where i don't vote for a rapist?

i don't know. i'm tired. this world is evil. so evil. i don't think i can do it. i think if i try voting for biden, i'm just going to have a panic attack at the polls.

i'm sorry.
Maybe it's time to move?
I say this with as much passion as I can. Move somewhere that isn't so fucked like this. Canada has its problems but you don't have to choose which rapist gets to lead you.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brie's in the right, and it should be zero surprise that many of those that supported Bernie's campaign disagree with him on this

Oct 27, 2017
The man is a symbol for how the system doesn't give the slightest fuck what you want/think. The democratic party itself should be opposing this rapist, and instead you have Sanders himself backing him. I'm well aware that orange child is far worse, but I don't see a point in shaming people into voting anymore. Radical change is needed at this point in America. The system is not going to be fixed itself.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote down ballot but I'm not voting for Biden and I'm sure as shit not going to reward a party that's insulted me and my positions constantly for the past five years. I refuse to vote for a return to the normalcy that got us Trump in the first place, the same "normalcy" that has fucked me over for the past 30 years. A third of my life has been shit due to failed economic and social policies (on the left and right). I'm not getting any of that back and it fucking sucks.

If a vote for green is a vote for Trump in a contested state, then consider me a Trump voter because I'd rather get past Trump and let the pendulum swing far left in 2024, hoping that either green party gets their federal funding or dems finally get the fucking message than vote for Biden in 2020 only for it to swing even further right in response in 2024.

100% agree.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's fair to shame people who don't feel comfortable voting for a rapist. We've had numerous threads about it at this point and I thought we had agreed that shaming people either way was not acceptable.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
Christ what a bubble. You're completely disconnected from any form of reality.
Big
ltWyVVS.jpg
energy
apologies for that. the awful shit will continue but we're gonna put a pretty blue bow on it so its fine now and if you complain about it you are a trump supporter.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all the awful shit going on under trump is just gonna continue under biden but now its gonna be done by a guy with a D next to his name. and that's all that really matters.

I think that's a bit overly dramatic. Biden isn't Trump and he won't be surrounded by the kind of people Trump is. Getting Biden in the White House would be a dramatic improvement over keeping Trump in it and, if Americans can manage it, maybe the Democrats will get control of the Senate and begin enacting real change.

I mean, if I'm being blunt, this pandemic has kinda proven that States only have to listen to the president when they agree with him or her. Trump may wield "absolute" power over the federal government but he seems to have basically no real power over the States themselves.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This just made me glad I am not American.

God what a mess this has been. People had the power to not give the nomie to a racist rapist like Biden. But of course, he is "safe" so lets push for him.

Not only is the media broken, but people themselves don't give a fuck.
How the fuck do you fuck up so badly two times in a row? Hillary then Biden.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Lets just say Biden wins November. What can we realistically do to held Biden accountable? I doubt Democrats are going to Impeach Biden.
Not likely but look at how old he is. He could very likely be a one term president. I hope his VP is solid because i could really go for a situation where he grooms his VP to take over. Saying he could only be a one term doesn't make his allegations any less serious but honestly it doesn't make this election less serious either.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you see that as a bad thing...I don't know what to tell you. It reads to me like people were in on not letting Trump win that election and at least were posting to her direct website for information.
From what I've seen and heard of GAF back then: the support for Hillary was way more than that.

You know, enough to be one of the biggest referrers to her website.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018

Thinking that America will swing hard left post Trump is naive, when America didn't even swing hard left after Reagan and Reaganomics, it stayed hard right.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

as a victim, i can't cope with the reality i'm living in where my choices are between two rapists. i can't cope with the reality that no one cares about victims until it's politically convenient for them. this morning i cried over the fact that this is the choice i have to make. i don't want to live in this reality. i want to go somewhere else. why doesn't anyone care? why won't someone do something? why can't it be anyone but a rapist? am i irresponsible for wanting a general where i don't vote for a rapist?

i don't know. i'm tired. this world is evil. so evil. i don't think i can do it. i think if i try voting for biden, i'm just going to have a panic attack at the polls.

i'm sorry.

It's a fucking twilight zone nightmare. It's not even too late to expose this fuck and send literally any other candidate but everyone is in a fucking trance that this rapist is inevitable by actively making it so. From Bidens peers to his fans, it's nothing but silence. I'm also at a complete loss and have nowhere to go or turn too. The party left me and it looks like communities that I felt safe are in a hurry to as well. I feel your pain.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

i'm sorry.

Then don't vote for him. Please try to vote downballot at least, though I'll understand if you can't take part at all.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
all the awful shit going on under trump is just gonna continue under biden but now its gonna be done by a guy with a D next to his name. and that's all that really matters.

Don't worry. Biden will make sure the cages for migrant children are a little bigger, the weapon sales to oppressive regimes come with a finger wag, and the Earth becomes uninhabitable a couple years later than it would have under Trump. He's already shown us an ambitious Medicare expansion that knocks the enrollment age all the way down to 60!

(I'll still vote for the lesser evil, as I always do.)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah not choosing a rapist duh.
- Choice is between a rapist and a rapist
- One of the rapists is definitely swearing into office after all is said and done, there's no scenario where none of them is sworn into office
- Not voting at all actually benefits the rapist who you dislike the most (and no, this is not a I dislike boh equally scenario because both represent and stand for different things)
- Still, you decide not to vote knowing you're helping the worse rapist in this case

Very logical decision indeed, can't argue against that. If only it were possile to look at the bigger picture and also realize that you can still be highly critical of the rapist who'd do less damage to the country.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Yes we are in the cult. A cult for healthcare for all. workers rights and of course having a climate that won't kill us in about 30 years.

Great! I voted for Bernie too, so I agree with you. All those things are necessary. Unfortunately, Biden is going to be the nominee, 3rd parties might as well be irrelevant, and it's going to come down to Biden V Trump, with maybe random irrelevant 3rd party candidates appearing on the ballot in a few states (see: Gary Johnson and Jill Stein in 2016). Biden will objectively do less damage than Trump.

I'm all for a cult that pushes healthcare for all, workers rights, and methods for healing the climate, but it's clear that Bernie is not going to be the person to deliver those things to us. At this point, our best hope is to elect progressives in local and state governments and promote those changes on a smaller stage than Washington, at least for the next 4 years or so. Bernie's movement showed that many, many people in this country want those changes enacted now, so ideally in the next election cycle someone who can run a better campaign than Bernie will be able to do what he couldn't.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's right. We are staring down the barrel, no, we are in the midst of fascism and genocide and a coup d'etat by conservatives.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not choosing helps Trump win. You really rather not vote, so Trump wins so you can sit on your high horse and say "not my problem i didn't vote"

For the love of god it's not about the fucking high horse! If you really think browbeating victims who cannot vote for a rapist because of horrific mental trauma because said mental trauma turns even clicking a check a horrific affair (and before you go "but logic" TRAUMA ISN'T FUCKING LOGICAL) without doing harm then you are a fool.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017

Accelerationism is complete bunk. What makes you believe that another 4 years of Trump will make the 'pendulum swing far left'?

And if the green party was really trying to represent something, perhaps they should stop only being relevant when it's a presidential election. And even then, they're dubiously representative of actual progressive movements.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen and heard of GAF back then: the support for Hillary was way more than that.

You know, enough to be one of the biggest referrers to her website.
So what was it like? Are you saying it was different than this election? What drove the traffic to Clinton's site?

People were in it to not let Trump win that election, things were heated sure, but people knew the consequences of Trump.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

i'm sorry.

This is heartbreaking, no victim should have to say sorry

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are you fucking serious with this shit?
Telling someone who is having massive trouble coping with the political landscape in America who is literally saying they can't and might have a panic attack having to choose between the two at the polls, to move somewhere where this shit isn't so bad....is a bad thing? Are you fucking serious?

FirMatt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston MA
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory and condescending rhetoric against minorities over a series of posts
I fucking hate Biden but the damage that another four years of trump will be devastating. If you think its bad now, wait until four more fucking years of GOP control happens. Imagine how bad it will get for women's, LGBTQ and minority rights. Imagine the Supreme Court being stacked with conservatives.

We cannot afford to sit this fucking election out and allow Trump and the GOP another four years.

Fucking vote.

Should have told that women, queer folk and folks of color, then. This is apparently what they wanted too, though I can scarcely understood why.

The way I see it, they betrayed any chance we had at a progressive future, so they csn reap the seeds sewn from whatever the outcome is in November. Clearly my progressive white male voice wasn't welcome, and our societal incentive structures make it pretty easy to just sit back at this point and let whatever happen, happen.

Trump is fucking embarrassing, but so is Biden. Neither make me feel any better about my future, and the folks who I thought needed my voice chose Biden instead and clearly don't want my input, so I wish them all the best of luck.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

almost literally anybody else. In a scenario where Joe steps down for being a lying rapist, I'd probably like to see a woman brought to the front at least. Warren, Klob, Harris or someone who didn't run - doesn't matter to me at this point. It just can't be a deplorable rapist. It can't be.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
FYI, it just shows how selfishly privileged and shortsighted some people are that another 4 years of Trump doesn't even bother them when it means keeping more kids in cages at the border, deporting more dreamers, people suffering more from worsening healthcare etc...etc...

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017

i'm sorry.
Do not apologize.

America failed you.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know the allegation against Biden is something that will be difficult for many to overcome. If more accusations (yes, I know about the previous inappropriate touching ones) and corroborating evidence come out he should step down as the nominee.

But the truth right now is that lives could get increasingly worse with a Republican supreme court majority. Roe V Wade? Gone. Expect impregnated rape victims to see dispicable laws either forcing them to give birth to the baby or other embarrassing protocols before a safe termination. Voting rights? Further eroded, making it more difficult for people of color, college students, and others to vote. Healthcare protections gone. Did the ACA go far enough? No. But a Public Option from Joe Biden will be a hell of a lot better than gutted preexisting conditions from Trump. It isn't universal healthcare but it's a fucking step.

Don't vote for Joe Biden. Vote for the idea of moving progressive policies forward. Because a protest vote for the green party or writing in Bernie isn't going to accomplish shit. And if you can't bring yourself to do it due to personal experiences, I understand. It's hard. I was molested as a child, but I was very young and it hasn't had a negative hold on my life like many people's assaults unfortunately do. I'm not voting for Biden because I want Joe Biden to be president. I'm voting for him because I know the alternative leaves a lot of people fucked that don't deserve it. And I'll complain when his administration fucks up and I'll protest but at least I know it is better than 4 more years of this fucking asshole destroying shit.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden may not be your most ideal candidate, but if the country allows Trump to win instead, it's more fucked than I thought.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Telling someone who is having massive trouble coping with the political landscape in America who is literally saying they can't and might have a panic attack having to choose between the two at the polls, to move somewhere where this shit isn't so bad....is a bad thing? Are you fucking serious?
Do you have any fucking idea how difficult it is for the average person to just up and move, let alone to a different city in their own state, but to an entirely new country? And telling this to someone who is opening about about being a victim? Jesus christ, get over yourself.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

There is no evidence to suggest that a Donald Trump winning reelection is going to move the county more left. Especially considering that in 2020, Bernie lost ground compared to 2016.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Should have told that women, queer folk and folks of color, then. This is apparently what they wanted too, though I can scarcely understood why.

The way I see it, they betrayed any chance we had at a progressive future, so they csn reap the seeds sewn from whatever the outcome is in November. Clearly my progressive white male voice wasn't welcome, and our societal incentive structures make it pretty easy to just sit back at this point and let whatever happen, happen.

Trump is fucking embarrassing, but so is Biden. Neither make me feel any better about my future, and the folks who I thought needed my voice chose Biden instead and clearly don't want my input, so I wish them all the best of luck.

Throwing marginalized people under the bus to own the libs.