• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you agree with Bernie?

• Yes

Votes: 2,206 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 468 17.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This should not apply to those unwilling to vote for him based on his status as a rapist.

This seems aimed towards those saying Biden is "as bad as Trump" on policy.
Bernie makes it clear in the video it is aimed at all of his supporters. He says any of his supporters that don't vote Biden are directly enabling Donald Trump's re-election.

Deleted member 11822

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're 100% against Biden and don't plan on voting for him, just please do it for the Supreme Court. If that's lost a generation of civil rights and women's reproductive rights could be gone with a huge conservative majority there.

This is a fantastic point.

I don't like Biden one bit. He is my last choice, he is a terrible canidate, and I'll be voting for him.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
100% correct, primaries are over and Bernie himself said we all needed to get behind the eventual nominee when all this began its a shame that message has been lost on a lot of folk so we'll do the heavy listing for you. That's what the Democratic spirit is all about, a tent for everyone even if you don't want it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
giphy.gif

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
It is irresponsible for him to oppose Biden. However, nobody can be blamed for not wanting to vote for a rapist piece of shit.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supreme court is already lost for a generation. On that specific issue I think it's definitely better to be accelerationist and make clear the only way this changes is with packing the courts and constitutional amendment fixing the entire anti-democratic process of lifetime appointments.
Dude you couldn't be more wrong. a 5-4 minority would be only 1 seat away from a majority. One single vote. If Trump wins its automatically 6-3, and quite likely 7-2 by 2024.

Bernie is telling you if you don't vote Biden you are enabling Trump, watch his video.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why not actually address the problem now so voters won't have to hold their noses come the general election? There is still time to replace Biden but it will take everyone putting pressure on Biden to drop out instead of reassuring him of their support.

The people have been told that they want a corporatist.
They've been told that they want a misogynist.
They've been told that they want a segregationist.
They've been told they want a imperialist.
They've been told that they want a centrist.

They want Biden.

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Voting Biden doesn't buy you Bernies progressive platform. It buys you time. Time Trump will definitely take if you let him.

FootChar

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand how Bernie could see the last 50 years of the US and still believe in incrementalism.

Trump is awful but he's not as awful as Putin or Bolsonaro. I would expect another backlash republican president after Biden, in the same way Trump was a backlash president to Obama. The only thing Biden promises is a return to the 'status quo' and that does not at address the conditions that lead to the election of Trump in the first place.

If you continue to promise your support unconditionally for "the lesser of two evils", they will never be incentivized to actually do better.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad this is not a choice i have to make. So many folks were failed and will be failed by this election.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand how Bernie could see the last 50 years of the US and still believe in incrementalism.

Trump is awful but he's not as awful as Putin or Bolsonaro. I would expect another backlash republican president after Biden, in the same way Trump was a backlash president to Obama. The only thing Biden promises is a return to the 'status quo' and that does not at address the conditions that lead to the election of Trump in the first place.

If you continue to promise your support unconditionally for "the lesser of two evils", they will never be incentivized to actually do better.
Biden won the primary. The voters want Biden as their candidate. They had 20 options and they went with Biden

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory trolling over a series of posts, history of similar behavior
That's what the Democratic spirit is all about, a tent for everyone even if you don't want it.
a big ol' tent where everyone has to do rape apologia and austerity and if you want anything better, you are a bot.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is irresponsible for him to oppose Biden. However, nobody can be blamed for not wanting to vote for a rapist piece of shit.

It is no exaggeration to say that our very lives are on the line. As disgusting as the idea may be, not voting for Biden is straight up a vote for putting every single life in mortal danger.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I fucking hate Biden but the damage that another four years of trump will be devastating. If you think its bad now, wait until four more fucking years of GOP control happens. Imagine how bad it will get for women's, LGBTQ and minority rights. Imagine the Supreme Court being stacked with conservatives.

We cannot afford to sit this fucking election out and allow Trump and the GOP another four years.

Fucking vote.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Bro is anyone (here) really shitting on sexual assault victims for not voting for Biden?
Like I'm seeing a lot of discussion on that matter, but not it actually going on

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
There are 700k dreamers who will be deported if Trump gets 4 years. If Biden is the candidate in November, there is no question that we need to ensure they aren't deported.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Saying the supreme court is lost makes no sense. We can get it back next term. In fact wouldn't this very next term be the best possible opportunity? The idea that this election isn't do or die is dangerous.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
some of the posts by liberals in this thread are revealing. they only respect Sanders when he bends the knee. not when he fights for healthcare, for social security, for the security of disabled people.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think Sanders would not have a backlash Republican follow his Presidency?

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate Biden but the damage that another four years of trump will be devastating. If you think its bad now, wait until four more fucking years of GOP control happens. Imagine how bad it will get for women's, LGBTQ and minority rights. Imagine the Supreme Court being stacked with conservatives.

We cannot afford to sit this fucking election out and allow Trump and the GOP another four years.

Fucking vote.
It's this.

Biden was just about dead last on my list of the candidates. I am not a fan but I don't need to be a fan to help get rid of Trump and to preserve the Supreme Court and start fixing the judiciary. I've never liked Sanders but I have always liked his policies so his being involved with policy decisions for the Biden campaign is wonderful news and something that should be a balm to Sanders supporters who supported him for his policies.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
He's wrong. Sanders followers aren't a cult. And he wouldn't be where he is now without the people who worked on his campaign and helped him win.

It doesn't matter if she is not on his payroll. She was extremely important to the campaign and was a face of the movement.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some of the posts by liberals in this thread are revealing. they only respect Sanders when he bends the knee. not when he fights for healthcare, for social security, for the security of disabled people.
Seeing threads like these makes it less surprising that GAF was one of the top five referrers to Hillary Clinton's website at one point in 2016.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think Sanders gets plenty of respect for his policy goals. He doesn't get any for his personnel hiring or campaign strategy though.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, not believing women and victims, pretending they don't exist or throwing them under the bus for convenience is irresponsible and will erode us from the inside out after Uncle Rapist loses to Alpha Rapist. Otherwise the party would come down on him like a rightwing predator and encourage him to step aside. That would be responsible.

Don't let people gaslight you into thinking that it's either Biden or Trump, the general election hasn't started and this flawed confused rapist could be shamed out of the party but people are actively ignoring it and choosing to elevate rather than standing up to him before it's too late. The fallout from this slow moving car crash will be completely self inflicted.

Selling out everything for a fucking rapist that will probably lose anyways.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Bro is anyone (here) really shitting on sexual assault victims for not voting for Biden?
No onne should shut down sexual assault victims but it is possible to simultaneously support victims of sexual assault and prevent catastrophic damage to the country, democracy, and the rule of law. Those are important issues too. People should be able to look at everything important at stake and the people effected by the current administrations actions should be allowed to encourage people to do so. Saying what this election could cost all of us isn't shaming anyone, Its making a very valid point.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I understand what Biden was accused of. It should be disqualifying if true.

But right now, the lives of Americans are literally on the line. That isn't hyperbole. People in this country will die if Trump is reelected. And the literal rights of women and minorities will be taken away if Trump wins. Those facts are not up for debate, which is what Bernie understands.