• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PoliERA suddenly filled with Bernie-stans.
But a welcome proposal, so many other places have unions to protect the rights of labourers, game development should be no different.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Sure. Having heard so many nightmare stories from workers in this industry. Can't say no to that.

(In the meantime, other candidates are still figuring out their stance on abortion and climate change...)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
When is he gonna protest in from of Take-Two Interactive? (this is really cool actually and Bernie's great with worker's rights activism which is why i like him)

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
Bernie is so good god damnit. Pro union to his bones and has the biggest head-to-head lead on Trump (and has since 2015).

Wonder what he plays on Switch, which I'm sure he just calls "The Nintendo".

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Bernie looks to be the best candidate for your country right now, don't fuck it up americans.
(I don't know much about Warren though, seems cool too)

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Very cool and good. Hopefully this ends up being a big moment. And yea Warren is pretty much Bernie but better on a wider variety of issues and knows how to articulate well-reasoned plans into an overall compelling message. Been giving money to her every month just to do my part to keep her in the game cause it seems like she's being shut out.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone find a pic of Dragon Ball where all the people on earth raise their hands to create the spirit bomb for Goku? Then label the people "gamers" and label Goku as "Bernie."

Id do it but Im having trouble finding the pic. I appreciate it.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
0l13s20bs0k11.png

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
This is very cool. Regardless of your political affiliation, if you love this medium and respect the people who make the games you love, you should always push and support game workers unionization.

Why would the gamer community be against unionization?
Don't forget the (not biggest but) most vocal side of gamers are little children prone to get recruited by alt-righters and become potential adults with that mindset, and be able to vote. Even if you know Unionization is good, wouldn't be surprised if these kids who don't know a lot about the world get "brainwashed" into thinking this is bad for everyone.

All it takes is a decent propaganda campaign about how unionization would make fewer games happen to get them rabid.
Yup, pretty much this. Someone with a lot of money/power could just start a fear campaign that your games are gonna lower their quality/quantity/content, getting delayed, filled with "SJW Propaganda", etc. I mean, we already saw the reaction of the market and some "gamers" after the Animal Crossing delay for the well being of their employees.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Pushing for unionization is good and I absolutely support it, but in addition to that, I'd like to see a law that is similiar to last months EU ruling, which requires employers to track the daily working hours of their staff.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This should have happened a long time ago. Glad Bernie can use his platform to make this more of a public issue, he's done a good job of highlighting awful practices from companies like Wal-Mart and Amazon in the past few months.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Meanwhile Biden out here saying how DMC2 is the best in the series and how there should be way more underwater levels in video games