• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 I can understand but are 1 and 2 a concern because you think something is being missed or hidden?
Not necessarily. The man is running for one of the most stressful jobs in the world and the lack of more information beyond a few doctors' letters is very, very disturbing.

And to be clear, no Sanders is definitely not my first choice. But I will, gladly, gladly vote for him in the general over Trump. I can't fucking stand Joe Biden who is at the bottom of my list with Gabbard but I'd vote for him in the general too. I don't like seeing Sanders be cagey about this stuff and I'm very worried that health issues become easy R attack lines in a general.

Last edited:

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take a Bernie at any condition over the rest of the corporate Dem lineup. He's the only one whose interests truly align with the middle class. Whoever his VP will be will carry on his message and policies. I'll take that over anyone else in the field.

I couldn't care less about a candidate's current state. As long as they say they are fine and can keep going, then I have no issue with it. As much as Biden misspeaks, I'm not going to demand for him to drop out. He has plenty of other reasons to get criticized for.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they wouldn't criticize someone else for doing the exact same thing, yes. There are plenty of other things to criticize Bernie for that might actually be substantive and change someone's mind.

Just think for two seconds before posting...would I think this criticism was legit if it were levied at my preferred candidate? If yes, go for it.

Like have just one modicum of consistency in your body.
Very bizarre post-- no candidate is above criticism and the same standards should apply to all of them. And you better believe that if Warren had a heart attack then pulled this, I'd be roasting her for it.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Not necessarily. The man is running for one of the most stressful jobs in the world and more information beyond a few doctors' letters is very, very disturbing.

And to be clear, no Sanders is definitely not my first choice. But I will, gladly, gladly vote for him in the general over Trump. I can't fucking stand Joe Biden who is at the bottom of my list with Gabbard but I'd vote for him in the general too. I don't like seeing Sanders be cagey about this stuff and I'm very worried that health issues become easy R attack lines in a general.

Ok makes sense. I read the WaPo article and since it mentioned that guy who looked at Trump I assumed it was hinting at something.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lmao if you seriously believe Warren would be Bernie's vp or vice versa, that's some straight up fantasy football shit.

It would be the lamest duck, followed by a loss to republicans
No, I don't care if she is or isn't. She's probably not the best pick anyways. Any of these candidates could die of natural or unnatural causes at any time.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't care less about a candidate's current state. As long as they say they are fine and can keep going, then I have no issue with it. As much as Biden misspeaks, I'm not going to demand for him to drop out. He has plenty of other reasons to get criticized for.
His fumbling of words is the least of my concerns. Just as Donald Trump's obesity and addiction to fast food is the least of my concerns with him. I'll take my chances with a true change candidate with bad health over yet another establishment President that only serves the corporations and ultra rich. I mean if Darth Chaney is still with us, I think Bernie will be fine.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Drop out Bernie.

Y'all are fools if you seriously believe the president dying in office would be a normal thing and the cog would keep turning.

You should read up on US history some time before calling people fools if you think a president dying in office would be unprecedented or would be as catastrophic as you're implying.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not being "mentally unfit", he's just answering a question in a poorly structured way during a live debate.

How smug do you need to be to jump from calling someone stupid to practically using mental issues as an attack because of that?!

There were articles legitimately criticizing what he meant. Its not called being mentally unfit, its called saying something stupid. Don't conflate them as if they're interchangeable.
The records thing is part of a larger pattern. If you don't see it then I can't help you.

Spish!

Oct 27, 2017
So he's not voluntarily releasing information which could be misrepresented and cost him the nomination and possibly the election? I guess that makes him a career politician and not some dunce who thinks he's in a truth telling contest.

BTW barring some physiological defect, with good doctors and a whole food vegan diet heart disease is entirely reversible.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
While he should release it since he said he would, I don't care. I'm still voting Bernie in the primary. Warren is my #2.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I am not shocked anymore, most US liberals seem scared shitless of the significant change the US desperately needs.

Bernie isn't even a radical candidate lol. He's not some communist who wants to destroy the stock exchange. But sometimes in these threads I feel like I'm seeing people talk about Che Guevara or something.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Because he's in his late 70s and had a heart attack. Being president isn't some walk in the park and health concerns for a president isn't something you want voters thinking about when they go to the polls.

Also, Iowa and New Hampshire are meaningless states and shouldn't be the first places Primaries should be held, especially for the Democrats. I like Bernie, but I don't think he should be running after having a heart attack.
The primary states should absolutely be on rotation, but to say they don't matter is just wrong. Once someone starts winning early states. That momentum can really snowball and affect important voting populations in places that aren't white as an easter lily.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Bernie isn't even a radical candidate lol. He's not some communist who wants to destroy the stock exchange. But sometimes in these threads I feel like I'm seeing people talk about Che Guevara or something.
In US politics he might as well be. Most Democrats are just Republicans fiscally and in regards to foreign policy. They dress it up a little.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
In US politics he might as well be. Most Democrats are just Republicans fiscally and in regards to foreign policy. They dress it up a little.

Sure, but it's not like we haven't seen a president with his policies before. Just... not in the last 50 years or so.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
There's two possibilities here:
1) he knew he wouldn't ever release his full records when he made the earlier statement.
Or, more likely, 2) he made the earlier statement honestly and in the time between then and now changed his mind.

This has nothing to do with policy so I genuinely cannot pretend to care. Wouldn't even matter which candidate it is.

Oct 28, 2017
Very bizarre post-- no candidate is above criticism and the same standards should apply to all of them. And you better believe that if Warren had a heart attack then pulled this, I'd be roasting her for it.

Sure ya would buddy. Keep pretending like this isn't a "look at this bitch eating those crackers" level critique.

If you were actually concerned about age related health issues...then why not back someone younger than Liz? I guarantee that the difference in risk of death between Warren and Bernie is less than the difference between Warren and one of the candidates in their 40s.

But again, you won't do that. Because you're just mudslinging and you don't actually care about age related health issues. And you shouldn't.

Actual policy issues matter, not this bottom feeding fearmongering.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
He had a heart attack. I had one (worse than Kevin Smith's) too. We all lived through it and are able to live normal lives.
I don't think it's a big deal and I don't blame him for not wanting to release the bad initial numbers (it will get better as he recovers further).

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Not a great look for a 78-year-old heart attack victim to withhold medical information when he's running for president. Warren has released extensive records but Sanders' approach of releasing doctor's letters instead echoes that of Trump's in 2016. It would be nice to see Sanders follow through with his promise from October.

Agreed completely OP

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I mean, most of them are at the age where natural causes can be a cause of death so this isn't a great argument.

Spish!

Oct 27, 2017
Because he's in his late 70s and had a heart attack. Being president isn't some walk in the park and health concerns for a president isn't something you want voters thinking about when they go to the polls.

Also, Iowa and New Hampshire are meaningless states and shouldn't be the first places Primaries should be held, especially for the Democrats. I like Bernie, but I don't think he should be running after having a heart attack.

There's worse outcomes than a good president dying in office.

I'm much more concerned by a mediocre president serving two full terms, or God forbid: Trump.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The primary states should absolutely be on rotation, but to say they don't matter is just wrong. Once someone starts winning early states. That momentum can really snowball and affect important voting populations in places that aren't white as an easter lily.
Primary states matter, but for Dems, Iowa is a terrible indicator of popularity for a Democrat. Unless you want to pull in all those white midwesterners that say they are Democrats and then voted for Trump in 2016. Might as well just start the Dem primaries in Alabama, Arkansas, or Oklahoma.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
He had a heart attack. I had one (worse than Kevin Smith's) too. We all lived through it and are able to live normal lives.
I don't think it's a big deal and I don't blame him for not wanting to release the bad initial numbers (it will get better as he recovers further).

It's not even bad numbers. He's doing fine.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure ya would buddy. Keep pretending like this isn't a "look at this bitch eating those crackers" level critique.

If you were actually concerned about age related health issues...then why not back someone younger than Liz? I guarantee that the difference in risk of death between Warren and Bernie is less than the difference between Warren and one of the candidates in their 40s.

But again, you won't do that. Because you're just mudslinging and you don't actually care about age related health issues. And you shouldn't.
Let's refrain from ascribing intention to other posters, shall we? It's not mudslinging to want a candidate to follow through with a promise and to not give obvious, easy attacks to Rs. However, labelling other posters' intentions, and insisting that there's some hidden agenda (I've been clear about who I prefer!) actually is mudslinging. So.

Anyway, I like Liz's policy coupled with comprehensiveness best. Now if she'd just had a heart attack I'd think twice. And even more so if she played fast and loose with information she promised to release. I mean who am I going to support, Pete? lol no

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Let's refrain from ascribing intention to other posters, shall we? It's not mudslinging to want a candidate to follow through with a promise and to not give obvious, easy attacks to Rs. However, labelling other posters' intentions, and insisting that there's some hidden agenda (I've been clear about who I prefer!) actually is mudslinging. So.

Anyway, I like Liz's policy coupled with comprehensiveness best. Now if she'd just had a heart attack I'd think twice. And even more so if she played fast and loose with information she promised to release. I mean who am I going to support, Pete? lol no
No you wouldn't. If Liz had a heart attack, you'd still support her if her doctor said she was fine.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
*looks at current state of the world*

*Looks at this topic title*

Yeah I'll take what I can get

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): trolling, history of similar infractions
Only good vibes for Bernie allowed on era, otherwise you gonna get hounded about such obvious bias like uhhh voting for Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.