• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
I love the Joe Rogan podcast. Great for hearing all kinds of perspectives and he has some interesting people on. Its genuinely entertaining and I'm not scared to hear different views no matter how stupid. I got a kick out of an old Ted Nugent one the other day. Anyways, will definitely be listening to this on my next flight.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Rogan is a dumbass but Bernie can run laps around him anyway and get a bunch of publicity so it's a net positive.

I feel like, based on the interviewing style that Rogan has, that the whole appeal of the show is that people want to feel like they're getting educated without having to ever address the embarrassment that comes along with the admission of being wrong, which is usually an important part of learning.

I think that's a pretty good analysis.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I think even you'd agree that a town hall where audience members (who are Democrats) would be different than a Hannity interview, right?

I don't doubt that he'd hold his own there, but do you think it would be a good idea?
I'm of the opinion that people pushing populist politics should spread their message as far as they can. Unless they know the show is going to give them a bad edit or not let them speak. If they can go on someone's show who opposes them and run circles around them, more the better.

Why do you think it's a bad idea? He'd be signal boosting people with very different politics than the ones he has... to their own audience? Do you think this interview will turn Bernie Sanders supporters alt-right? I'm not sure exactly what you're implying would happen.

Dec 23, 2017
How in the hell do he get people like killer mike and cornel west on his show praising him? They don't seem like the type that will hang out with racist.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How in the hell do he get people like killer mike and cornel west on his show praising him? They don't seem like the type that will hang out with racist.
Killer Mike is clown shoes with regards to gun control but I think he's at least gotten better.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because Joe Rogan has no discernable political views. He just agrees with whoever comes on his show because he's too stupid to fully comprehend wtf they are talking about. He's casually racist but it's not really part of his persona or basic message so people ignore it.

I get why Bernie would go on the show, Rogan has literally millions of listeners you can reach and it's the easiest platform by far because Rogan will never question anyone on anything. The problem with Rogan is he will provide that platform to nearly anyone, including alt-right fuckheads.

As for why anyone listens to an idiotic muscle-head like Rogan...I have no clue.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at all the comments in that twitter post. This is an extremely good idea since he's speaking straight to a huge audience that doesn't like him. You can only increase in supporters.

Also chill with all the pearl clutching about going on rogan's podcast. It's not the GOTCHA BERNIE that you think it is.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The left need to go to outside networks and fucking talk, because it's not about appealing to the host but the listeners that might have never heard other viewpoints portrayed in a way that isn't completely false or inflammatory or both.

Going on a show that shills for the alt-right does nothing but legitimize that platform. By him going on, he's equating himself to the likes of Ben Shapiro, Gavin McInness and Alex Jones which helps Rogan more than helps Bernie. This is a get for Rogan, not the other way around. Bernie will be heard by plenty (not that he needs it) but on the broader scope this is just saying the alt-right guests Rogan constantly has on are every bit as legit as someone running for President.

Joe Rogan doesn't deserve to be legitimized, he deserves to be shunned and called out on his bullshit yet here we are again with another Rogan thread and people still not getting that.

It always makes me sad to go to the comments of Joe rogan videos because its always alt-right cunts agreeing with each other in the thousands or the comments just shitting on any female that goes on.

Sad but not surprising.

think where people have a fair criticism is when people like Marianne Williamson going on Dave Rubin.

Do you mean the Dave Rubin that Rogan had on his show a few times now?

Maybe Rogan needs to go on Alex Jones's show to defend the accusation he's alt-right again. That'll show 'em.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Another Joe being an ass example.

When he recently had David Pakman on, they spent a lot of time talking about the Steven Crowder/Carlos Maza/YouTube thing, and Joe was fucking reaching SO HARD to try to find a way to make it acceptable. He brings up an analogy to Pakman that goes a little something like this.

Joe: Imagine you were in a bar and called someone a 'lispy little queer', no one would be arrested for that (I won't even go into that no one was asking for a Crowder to be arrested ffs)
Pakman: If you were in a bar and said that, the bar would have every right to kick you out.
Joe: Right, if you said that to someone's face. But what if you were just talking about someone who wasn't there?
Pakman: Listen, in many bars if they overheard that they may ask you to leave and be well within their rights to do that.
Joe: Right but that's a bar, not something like YouTube.

JOE, THE BAR WAS YOUR FUCKING ANALOGY, YOU BROUGHT IT UP, HOLY SHIT HOW ARE YOU THIS DUMB. And how far are you trying to reach to make that shit seem acceptable?
Yeah, Rogan was so fucking terrible there. He was also excusing the F*GS t shirt by saying it was supposed to mean figs and not f*gs.
Like... WTF

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going on a show that shills for the alt-right does nothing but legitimize that platform. By him going on, he's equating himself to the likes of Ben Shapiro, Gavin McInness and Alex Jones which helps Rogan more than helps Bernie. This is a get for Rogan, not the other way around. Bernie will be heard by plenty (not that he needs it) but on the broader scope this is just saying the alt-right guests Rogan constantly has on are every bit as legit as someone running for President.

Joe Rogan doesn't deserve to be legitimized, he deserves to be shunned and called out on his bullshit yet here we are again with another Rogan thread and people still not getting that.
In what world is Rogan's podcast not already legitimized? It has over 16 million downloads a month and is rated #2 on itunes. Ignoring a platform that big isn't deplatforming, it's allowing one side to run their argument with no counter.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll personally pay $100 dollars to every poster on this site if ERA can go a full 24 hours without making a bad faith thread about Bernie Sanders and/or the left.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'll personally pay $100 dollars to every poster on this site if ERA can go a full 24 hours without making a bad faith thread about Bernie Sanders and/or the left.
Maybe if we can also go 24 hours with Sanders stans not feeling personally attacked over legitimate criticisms of Bernie

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Bernie fan (2nd right behind Warren) and Rogan is a racist cunt that doesn't have nearly the same audience that Fox News has.
Agreed. I think he's doing it because he hears young people like it, same as the Twitch thing. People acting like this is some huge black mark against him though is tiring.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Didn't Andrew Yang just do the Rogan podcast? I guess candidates don't have a problem with using his podcast as a platform. IIRC the Joe Rogan podcast is one of the most listened to podcasts in the US

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Agreed. I think he's doing it because he hears young people like it, same as the Twitch thing. People acting like this is some huge black mark against him though is tiring.
And others disagree, doesn't mean you need to dismiss all those opinions as bad faith.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to see it.

Hang with a dude that calls black people apes, but wouldn't come down south to appeal to black people, then have the nerves to dog whistle and call us "low information voters"

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I want him to start saying this kind of shit to Bernie. (yes, it just an excuse to post this meme. DON'T JUDGE ME 🤣)
qQpn7W9.jpg
This never gets old for me, I laugh every time I read it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wait ....is Bernie canceled now?

For any Sanders supporters who think this is a smart calculated move to reach a broader audience, what would your reaction be if it were Biden or Harris going on The Joe Rogan Experience? Same?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For any Sanders supporters who think this is a smart calculated move to reach a broader audience, what would your reaction be if it were Biden or Harris going on The Joe Rogan Experience? Same?
Yep same. It's a smart move.

He went on Fox and it was good. Elizabeth Warren did not and what happened? Nothing because it's Fox News. Elizabeth Warren doesn't get to deplatform some huge outlet. Same deal here. It's smarter to reach a large audience and get your message out.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In what world is Rogan's podcast not already legitimized? It has over 16 million downloads a month and is rated #2 on itunes. Ignoring a platform that big isn't deplatforming, it's allowing one side to run their argument with no counter.

They are already running their argument. Rogan has really never had a counter because he'd rather get hits. He's been running that game for years as he hides behind the "just asking questions" moniker and his fans eat it up.

The fact that Rogan's podcast is so popular isn't a good thing, it's sad because those that are new that might hop on there to listen to Kevin Smith one week are going to hear shit from the founder of Proud Boys the next. To them, they all get the a-ok from Rogan.

Wait ....is Bernie canceled now?

No but I think it needs to be pointed out that Joe Rogan has a lot of awful people on his show. It's not like fucking Marc Maron is having Candace Owens on. There's plenty of other popular podcasts that don't cater to pieces of shit.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably should have clarified, I meant the "low-information voters" and "not campaigning in the south" stuff

I mean....not campaigning in the South was a large reason he didn't win there at all.

Ironically, I think the reasoning was that it's a GOP stronghold, so why bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.