• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Nonetheless I think the framing focusing on Sanders in this discussion is not being done as a matter of good-faith discussion, especially since TYT is a pretty significant lefty voice as a whole.
This is a thread about Bernie Sanders endorsing Cenk. How in the world can he not a focus of the discussion! Nobody forced him into making the endorsement.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This is a thread about Bernie Sanders endorsing Cenk. How in the world can he not a focus of the discussion! Nobody forced him into making the endorsement.

I mean that I think by making this about Sanders in the first place that this thread was not made to be a good faith discussion about Cenk's flaws as a candidate. Which is a shame, as I think that's a more interesting discussion

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean that I think by making this about Sanders in the first place that this thread was not made to be a good faith discussion about Cenk's flaws as a candidate. Which is a shame, as I think that's a more interesting discussion
I mean it's pretty clear why Cenk is a bad candidate. Even if he always lived in CA-25 and even if he was better at apologies the dude still has a ton of very public videos and articles about him saying some pretty heinous shit.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, yes, seen it. But actions speak a lot louder than words. And unfortunately in the case of Cenk, despite saying that he apologizes, his actions speak otherwise as he still supports organizations that deny the Armenian genocide:
He still volunteers and financially supports organizations that deny the Armenian genocide.

this picture is a little over a year after his "apology".

this is outside of the racism/using the n-word/misogyny/etc.
So going to believe his actions there over his words. As talk's cheap. Walking the walk is a lot harder. And unfortunately, Cenk has shown no signs of actually being able to do that.

And that's of course not even touching on his misogyny, which he's like doubled-down on since this all broke:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
His flaws as candidate and a human being are pretty long running and obvious to anyone who isn't in the tank for TYT. The man is not even from that district!

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that itself is kinda important though since this is a very purple district that apparently has a jungle-primary system of all things, so Sanders waltzing into this race and endorsing anyone, nevermind someone like this, makes everything a lot more complicated and greatly opens up the chances that no D candidates make it through the jungle primary at all.

There was no reason for Sanders to do that. Especially since there will be 435 congressional races, the vast majority any given candidate will say nothing about, because it's almost always the exception when they endorse someone for a particular race, not the norm. So for Sanders to make one of those exceptions in this particular district of all districts, and endorse this person of all persons, despite all of his issues (especially since on top of that it's been a recurring problem with the Sanders campaign, not just in terms of endorsements but who they've been hiring onto their campaign as well without properly vetting and having to let go once someone else does their vetting for them, whereas for other candidates it might happen occasionally, for Sanders it seems to be a much more recurrent problem than most others), that's definitely worth a discussion in of itself IMO and is not inherently some "bad faith" thing no matter how many people want to frame it that way.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when clowns this morning showing their clown ass defending Cenk because "He SuPpOrTs M4A"?

Where you clowns at now?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck even is that statement.

"I understand people had concerns but I won't actually say what those concerns were and I'll start by praising Cenk again."

What a shit statement.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
He just unendorsed him. What a mess. What were you thinking, Bernie.

That is a super bad statement. He takes no ownership at all nor a denouncement himself. He puts it on his supporters and the issues they were having. That's on top of not even bothering to do any vetting what so ever. Everything about Cenk Uygar is out there on video and a google search away too. So that at least says he was fully okay with him in general and saw nothing wrong until those around him spoke up. Even then he still shows he doesn't see anything wrong.

OP
OP
jack_package_200
Oct 25, 2017
He just unendorsed him. What a mess. What were you thinking, Bernie.

Here Bernie, you earned these

s-l400.jpg

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this campaign.

It really is remarkable how little his campaign researches things. It's not even very difficult.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how terrible his cabinet picks would be.

At best Bernie's judge of character is quite poor.
I already did!
#8,551
Sanders 2020 team:

President: Bernie Sanders
VP: Elizabeth Warren
Secretary of State: Tulsi Gabbard
Secretary of the Treasurer: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Secretary of Defense: Iihan Omar
Attorney General: Shaun King
Secretary of Labor: Corpse of Lenin on loan from USSR
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Jill Stein
Secretary of Energy: Tim Robbins
Director of National Intelligence: John Leguizamo, only in character from The Pest
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Edward Snowden
Press Secretary: Glenn Greenwald
Speech Writer: David Sirota

(For balance, I did one for Warren several posts later: #8,568 )
President: Elizabeth Warren
VP: Bernie Sanders
Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton
Secretary of the Treasurer: Michael Bloomberg
Secretary of Defense: James Webb
Attorney General: Jerry Brown
Secretary of Labor: Charles Barkley
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Wendy Davis
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Edward Snowden
Press Secretary: Steve Schmidt
Speech Writer: Ed Schultz

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sanders had four years to get better at campaigning

FOUR YEARS!

It's not that hard to find a progressive who DOESN'T support a grown woman raping a teenage boy and endorse that person

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least that's something.

I'm still voting Bernie but this is legit the dumbest thing I've ever seen him do. He clearly needs better campaign people governing decisions like this.
The problem with a campaign full of contrarian outsiders who think they're right and the consensus view is wrong is that you have a campaign full of contrarian outsiders who think they're right and the consensus view is wrong.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen this be a trend. He's had 2 questionable endorsements. Tulsi wasn't known to be shit, and Sanders was with the majority (wrong) when they defended Tulsi from Clinton's remarks.
Yes she was. She was going on Fox News during Obamas second term and asking why Obama was soft on "Radical Islam."

She told everyone who she was.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about we focus on Bernie ability to hear and change if he made a mistake?

That's already two levels ahead of Hillary Clinton.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least that's something.

I'm still voting Bernie but this is legit the dumbest thing I've ever seen him do. He clearly needs better campaign people governing decisions like this.

For sure. Hopefully he reads them the riot act on doing their due diligence.
Sanders had four years to get better at campaigning

FOUR YEARS!

It's not that hard to find a progressive who DOESN'T support a grown woman raping a teenage boy and endorse that person

And he has improved, substantially.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
How about we focus on Bernie ability to hear and change if he made a mistake?

That's already two levels ahead of Hillary Clinton.

On the level of admitting error, he's pretty much even with Hillary. But overall, yes, I wanted him to retract, and he retracted. Good job Bernie! Responsiveness is good! This is what I want to see in a presidential candidate!

Status
Not open for further replies.