• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The ABC poll is not an indicator of anything. Go read Nate Silver's take on why a singular poll means absolutely fuck all at this moment.
One poll of this moment in time, sure. We've had two polls in February that also showed him in the mid 50s approval. I see no reason why this poll "wrong" because you don't like it. We'll get a few more polls in the next couple weeks and I'm sure you'll find another excuse why those should be ignored as well.

In response to your edit above, only proves my point. Trump's approval rating remains largely unchanged, even in the wake of this crisis. If the American people disapproved of his handling, we should've seen it dip.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
The ABC poll is not an indicator of anything. Go read Nate Silver's take on why a singular poll means absolutely fuck all at this moment.

Biden, and his team, are obviously working on the most effective way to get their messaging through. Hopefully they do it soon. The country needs leadership.
why can't people think that the fact that it has taken this long is in and of itself an indictment

he presumably pays people to help him with this stuff

Oct 27, 2017
One poll of this moment in time, sure. We've had two polls in February that also showed him in the mid 50s approval. I see no reason why this poll "wrong" because you don't like it. We'll get a few more polls in the next couple weeks and I'm sure you'll find another excuse why those should be ignored as well.

In response to your edit above, only proves my point. Trump's approval rating remains largely unchanged, even in the wake of this crisis. If the American people disapproved of his handling, we should've seen it dip.
Perhaps they will, perhaps they won't. Where he's at a month or two from now when the inaction of his administration and the gas lighting they engaged in becomes a tangible reality will be the real indicator.

The guy is sitting in the low to mid 40's approval wise. It's pretty much baked in at this point so it is what it is.

Oct 27, 2017
why can't people think that the fact that it has taken this long is in and of itself an indictment

he presumably pays people to help him with this stuff
It's also a tricky balancing act. They're not the ones in control of the Federal government and can't impact the situation in any measurable way.

But I don't disagree that he and his campaign need to step up at a time in which the Trump administration is not only helping the country but is harming its response to the pandemic.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
It's also a tricky balancing act. They're not the ones in control of the Federal government and can't impact the situation in any measurable way.

But I don't disagree that he and his campaign need to step up at a time in which the Trump administration is not only helping the country but is harming its response to the pandemic.

He can be a thought leader and set the example for other democrats who hold office. Like proposing a $2000 monthly payment to Americans. Or for Medicare to handle all costs (not just testing) for people affected. Or unemployment insurance. Moratorium on evictions. Or conditions on companies that receive bailouts.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

that is what people are worried/angry about

it's not some berniebro derangement syndrome

Biden won, it's over we get that.

Love him or hate him you have to admitt this point in time it is not abundantly clear that he is up to the task of responding to historical level crisis unfolding and that narrative going to just keep reinforcing itself the more development happen without him

The "trump flank" is literally that the republicans are in lockstep over the message "get people money now". Whether or not it's hollow is incidental, it is an effective message.

Oct 27, 2017
The presumptive Democratic nominee hasn't been seen for days, and has allowed Trump time to craft a coherent and generally presidential response to the COVID-19 crisis.

Dis-informative posts like these need to stop.

My state has hospitals begging for medical supplies. The governors in the five-state coalition (NY NJ CT PA DE) are sitting in on all-governors calls with the President where Trump is visibly nodding off and not caring, on camera. While on the back end he is telling the nation they're ordering and shipping supplies, yet the governors are finding themselves outbid on supplies by the federal agencies and not receiving any of those supplies.

Trump spent half of today's press briefing arguing with reporters (including his former press secretary and a former white house easter bunny), and the other half flat-out lying. None of this is coherent nor presidential, it is rather dangerous instead.

The only people who are allowing Trump to do this right now are his cabinet. Biden nor Sanders are responsible for what Trump is doing. The best they can do is represent what an Earth 2 timeline would look like so people will elect them for the benefit of Earth 1. And/or try to help out Earth 1 right now, which it looks like Sanders is trying to do.