• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): trolling
using the Daily Caller as a source is some clown shit, but i do have to wonder if literally any other white candidate in the race would be getting the "YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CONTEXT" treatment for this
Of course they would.

None of the other ones would likely have had a thread about it though, because the context would be self-evident
Of course they would. There would always be someone to dig this up about X candidate and post about it since it's a sensitive subject.

PoliEra isn't sending their best, are they folks?
They have better??

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Are there actual black people on this site who have a genuine issue with the way Sanders deployed that word in that context?

Or is the pearl-clutching just coming from white people who don't like him.

OP
OP
GrapeApes

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your beef is with the word, yet you continuously ignore the context he's using it in.

What a thread. Ridiculous.
He could have gotten the point across by not penning nigger.
Are there actual black people on this site who have a genuine issue with the way Sanders deployed that word in that context?

I'm black.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
literally no one in poliera except grapeapes was even in the same neighborhood as "agreeing with the daily caller", please actually read the last two pages before chiming in with shit posts

Dude, come on. The guy who originally posted this was wringing his hands over it.

Brie, sweetie...no. He could totally have written about all that without invoking a horrible slur.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Letting it go to the audiobook 1:1 was a bad call but a single word in adapting a 20+ year old book into an audiobook is not something I think anyone in Sanders' circle would be paying serious attention to. They may not have even been involved beyond greenlighting it.
I hope we're all this critical of conservative hit jobs for all the dem candidates going forward.
It's nice to have dreams.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely nothing to discuss here. Unless you want to talk about how the Daily Caller is trash.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It as if Biden and Bernie are two different people. And even then in this context it would still be a non starter
okay, ceteris paribus, i don't believe for a single second that Biden would be getting the same treatment. at best there'd be 3-5 pages shitting on him and then a threadmark where suddenly everyone stops posting

Dude, come on. The guy who originally posted this was wringing his hands over it.
so one entire person excuses yet another fucking group of smears of the entire community thread, got it

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see an issue with the context. Southern strategy has been known for ages.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay, ceteris paribus, i don't believe for a single second that Biden would be getting the same treatment. at best there'd be 3-5 pages shitting on him and then a threadmark where suddenly everyone stops posting

so one entire person excuses yet another fucking group of smears of the entire community thread, got it
again it is almost as if by Biden and Bernie Sanders with two different people with two different backgrounds.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

im black and i dont care unless you're using the word as a slur to demean others.

getting upset at it being used in this context is pretty sad

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Midnight Jon:
Biden has a well documented history of voting against the disenfranchised, poor and segregated citizens of the US.
Sanders does not.

There is no magic bullet to take Sanders down. If you consistently fight for the same causes for DECADES, there will be no hidden agenda to be found.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
not sure how "Biden's background is considerably more hostile to POC" actually contradicts my viewpoint that a thread about him making the same academic critique would not, in fact, follow the same trajectory, but okay

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
And you cant even paint Bernie as racist, given that he has been consistently working towards passing laws that HELP the minorities in the US, unlike say, Uncle Joe there.

Bernie 'Racism' Sanders, right here folks:
ct-bernie-sanders-1963-chicago-arrest-20160219

This is pretty dope lol.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny

I'd much rather look at 1997 Bernie and 2019 Bernie and ask why he's become softer on how he criticizes white southerns for being racist.

Like this is being used to try and argue Sanders had a racist problem in 1997... but to me I look at that quote and how unlike a lot of his rhetoric now it accurately points out that class was not the problem in that case, it was racism. Poor whites weren't getting oppressed by their leaders because they were poor, they were getting oppressed by their leaders because they were so fucking racist they voted those people in willingly.

Where is that Sanders now? He's so much softer on that shit these days, look again at how when given the fact that white people outright refused to vote for a black man because he was black he responded that that doesn't necessarily mean they're racist! Would 1997 Bernie, 1997 Bernie who said literally that white people vote for their own economic oppression just to stick it to black people, would 1997 Bernie have said it's not racist to refuse to vote for a black person on the basis of them being black?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not sure how "Biden's background is considerably more hostile to POC" actually contradicts my viewpoint that a thread about him making the same academic critique would not, in fact, follow the same trajectory, but okay
Because that's the reason why the thread would not follow the same for trajectory.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
weird how the response to "but i do have to wonder if literally any other white candidate in the race would be getting the "YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CONTEXT" treatment for this" was initially "of course they would" but now it's "of course they wouldn't" now that it's not Generic White Candidate

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018

Apologies for not being clearer, obviously a lot of people in there just ignored it. I try not to paint everyone with a broad brush. I was trying to make the point that you said GrapeApes was literally the only person, when in fact, the only reason it was brought up in the first place was to concern troll.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Given the source of this article and the direction this thread is already going, we feel it's best to lock it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.