• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
No, we live in a time in which Trump supporters are engaged in direct violence towards their political opponents, of which the press is one. I am not concerned about the possibility of a Sanders supporter or leftist taking military-grade firearms to the Washington Post and shooting people, because nobody on the left is encouraging violence towards the press, so this is extremely unlikely as a result of Sanders' legitimate criticisms.
Seriously we police our own.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
OP added the second tweet for clarity, the main tweet or OP intent hasnt been edited. some people jumped and assumed he is only attacking bezos and amazon when his actual attack was on WAPO by using Bezos and Amazon as a lever to say the owner of AMAZON has a news paper named WAPO which is writing bad articles about me
Why are you speaking in third person, op? Forgot to switch accounts?

Mahkor

Alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol at thinking that non tax paying billionaire has no influence in the paper that he bought which happens to be one of the biggest in the states, I'm sure he bought it to defend democracy right op?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I'm curiouse of WaPo has ever run a negative story about Bezos divorce or the bad things Amazon is doing to the enivornment. I'm sure there's proof somewhere

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Du9A73j.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP added the second tweet for clarity, the main tweet or OP intent hasnt been edited. some people jumped and assumed he is only attacking bezos and amazon when his actual attack was on WAPO by using Bezos and Amazon as a lever to say the owner of AMAZON has a news paper named WAPO which is writing bad articles about me

Nice job speaking in the third person. You know who else loves talking about himself in the third person on social media?

Z1r2y3

Oct 28, 2017
People wanna look over shit like this and pretend that WaPo is some kinda neutral news media that doesn't listen to their boss but lemme ask y'all this, how many negative articles have y'all heard about bezos or amazon written by WaPo?
There's a certain type of people that appears on the Opinion pages of WAPO and NYT.

It should be evident to everyone that they lean towards capitalism and preserving the current order.

They all lean pro-war, Pro-Israel, and Pro-Capitalism.

The trick is that Bezo's doesn't have to dictate editorial content. The people in charge knows better. They hire people with the same mindset, opinions and culture.

Recall the 2016 WAPO coverage.

iamdelirium

Nov 25, 2017
sadly, the WP does have a history of questionable content wrt him, as has been linked in this thread. Thinking thats due to bezos mandates is somewhat absurd, but that the newspaper has indeed gone to ridiculous lengths to generate attack articles against the man is true.
People say this all the time with their favorite candidate. It's confirmation bias at it's best.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Bezos has zero influence over what the WaPo does"

And I'm sure the NRA has zero influence over the candidates they lobby too right? Good lord.

ant1532

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Op attempts to twist perspective with absolute no context/ reading comprehension just like trump does.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are misunderstanding, perhaps willfully, the OP. The OP was criticizing a specific criticism of the three entities, OP never mentioned Sanders' criticisms of Amazon for abuse of workers.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA

There's nothing not factual about what he said. Bernie put forward legislation called Stop BEZOS, and WAPO posts consecutive OpEds against Bernie every time there's a debate. OpEds have nothing to do with journalism.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
But...aren't you the OP?

What's going on in this thread?!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And it would make sense if that was the stance Bernie is actually taking.

He's attacking WAPO because...they criticized him and they're owned by Bezos.

This is absolutely Trumpian.

I can agree that he phrased it in a similar manner, but I also think that they attack him for a different reason than they attack Trump as well.

OP
OP

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
its on

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Monday took aim at The Washington Post at two separate town hall meetings, accusing the newspaper of being biased against his campaign due to his criticism of Amazon's labor practices and tax record.

Sanders, who is running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, did not cite any evidence for his claims.

Amazon raised its minimum wage to $15 an hour last year after Sanders and others called on the company to pay its workers a living wage. The senator has also argued that Amazon should pay more federal income tax, after the Wall Street Journal reported in June that it's unclear whether the online retailer paid taxes last year.

The Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, the founder and chief executive of Amazon, and operates independently of Amazon.

"See, I talk about that all of the time," Sanders replied. "And then I wonder why The Washington Post — which is owned by Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon — doesn't write particularly good articles about me. I don't know why. But I guess maybe there's a connection. Maybe we helped raise the minimum wage at Amazon to 15 bucks an hour as well."

Sanders repeated the claim later Monday night at a town hall in North Conway, N.H.

Martin Baron, The Post's executive editor, said in a statement that Bezos does not interfere with or influence the newspaper's coverage.

"Sen. Sanders is a member of a large club of politicians — of every ideology — who complain about their coverage," Baron said. "Contrary to the conspiracy theory the senator seems to favor, Jeff Bezos allows our newsroom to operate with full independence, as our reporters and editors can attest."

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Bezos has zero influence over what the WaPo does"

And I'm sure the NRA has zero influence over the candidates they lobby too right? Good lord.
Try googling Amazon and WaPo. For me not a single negative article about working conditions shows up. Not a single one. Maybe it's different for others.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Try googling Amazon and WaPo. For me not a single negative article about working conditions shows up. Not a single one. Maybe it's different for others.
I got two as the first two results, both from 2019. Are you using a keyword other than Amazon and WaPo?

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
OP also means original post fyi. The reply he is responding to sort of makes sense with it
I know, but the way he wrote says otherwise. Something like "I edited the OP, and it said...." They way it's written is just.. suspicious

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Was the OP edited after the fact or something? Because the replies in this thread are quite bizarre. The tweet in the OP has Bernie pretty plainly suggesting that WaPo never writes good articles about him because of his criticisms of Jeff Bezos, and a lot of people in this thread are acting like he actually said nothing like that at all? What am I missing?

People rightful hate Bezos and Amazon. But are
People say this all the time with their favorite candidate. It's confirmation bias at it's best.

Yep.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread doesn't seem to be generating productive discussion, so it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.