• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

That makes Bernie and AOC commenting before Biden. Hopefully Warren is questioned next.

Answer is a bit too politician speak for me, but at least he mentions a public hearing... Now only if CNN would cover it.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I just don't understand how anyone can give that answer and still endorse him. It makes absolutely no sense unless he believes Biden didn't do it. And if that's his belief, he should just say it.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it so important that CNN say anything about it when literally every other major, and fringe, news outlet has said something about it and covered it?

Is it just a meme at this point?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand how anyone can give that answer and still endorse him. It makes absolutely no sense unless he believes Biden didn't do it. And if that's his belief, he should just say it.

He's saying she has the right to a fair examination of her claims and the public has to evaluate it for themselves (which I've never seen anyone here or elsewhere say otherwise!). He says this after the reporting from various news organizations was published the past few days leading up to his personal endorsement of Biden soon after.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprisingly it's the exact same thing Biden's campaign has been saying about the situation, though he still hasn't commented personally yet

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada

Who says he needs to believe one way or another?

A claim has been made, there's no proof to either side. There is little reason to weigh in with a random guess as to whether either side is telling the truth.

OP
OP
Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Why is it so important that CNN say anything about it when literally every other major, and fringe, news outlet has said something about it and covered it?

Why is it not important? Would you say the same if it was a Republican presidential candidate and one of the largest news networks in the world wasn't saying anything?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing another member

Trump admin just loosened mercury regulations so enjoy that in your children's drinking water if Biden loses.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020

A claim has been made, there's no proof to either side. There is little reason to weigh in with a random guess as to whether either side is telling the truth.
So now that the stain is on the democratic side, we should no longer believe in women? I see...
Funny how things work.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
The alternative is Trump, what's not to get?
Trump is a greater or the greatest existential threat to the country and the world

No joke, I had nightmares about trump getting elected. I want him out. I am extremely far left even for this forum. I much further left than Bernie.

But I can't lie to myself. I believe Reade and I'm going to vote for Biden. It's so fucked up. Everything is so fucked up now. I just wish Bernie would speak the way he always has. This answer is just so stock DC. It bums me out.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017

To use a metaphor...if you have to choose between being punched and kicked 50 times versus 200 times, I think most people would pick the first option. It doesn't mean that being punched and kicked is now a good thing or somehow above criticism, absolutely not, but there is a clear difference in outcomes even if both are still bad.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
More measured than I expected, but at least he acknowledged it.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Reread that first sentence you wrote again a few times.

Sexual assault victims wanting their story to be heard, especially on one of the largest news networks of all time, is not a meme.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No joke, I had nightmares about trump getting elected. I want him out. I am extremely far left even for this forum. I much further left than Bernie.

But I can't lie to myself. I believe Reade and I'm going to vote for Biden. It's so fucked up. Everything is so fucked up now. I just wish Bernie would speak the way he always has. This answer is just so stock DC. It bums me out.
Bernie is in a position to influence others though, it isn't just about him. The reality of the situation is if he spoke the way he always has, fewer people would vote for Biden. That increases the risk of a Trump second term.

It's a terrible situation all around, but I think Bernie is doing the best he can. =/

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It really does suck. I wish the electorate had better preferences so we wouldn't be saddles with this shit. What could've been...

I can't blame Bernie too much for being calculated with this answer. I'm sure he's trying to make the best of the situation to preserve his movement's future.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

They endorse him because the sitting US president does nothing whilst thousands, thousands die each die that didn't need too.

They endorse him because these are not normal times and you don't have anything resembling a normal commander in chief.

They endorse him because they, fucking literally, want to save the lives of the people that vote for them, their own lives and the person who they work with and sometimes for won't care a single jot if they or the voters die, en masse.

Truly desperate times call for desperate measures, Sanders whilst being a friend of Bidens likely does not want to give such a non response, but he has to because the alternative is worse.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI

A claim has been made, there's no proof to either side.

If it's me or you, sure. Who cares what we think? I get that. But when your words carry significant weight, and Bernie's words are absolutely crucial this election, to given an endorsement of a suspected rapist is deeply troubling. His answer saying is essentially "okay sure, you can make that accusation" when what I wanted to hear, what we should all want to hear is "BIden, explain this"

The onus in this environment and era is rightfully on the accused, not the accuser. And I hate to think survivors of similar situations are feeling when they read these political judo throws from Bernie.

You can defeat trump and still hold someone who will be president accountable. This doesn't have to be either or. It really, really doesn't.

OP
OP
Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I agree with Bernie, Tara should have her claims thoroughly investigated.

It's soo long ago and is a he said/she said with the witness evidence being a few people she knew claiming they told her something happened back then. Plus her being taken off her normal role in her job.

It ain't going to court or anything. Hence why Bernie is correct that it's going to be a matter for the public. So Biden has to be pressured to answer questions.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Biden will no doubt be a hundred times better for your country than Trump but man having your choice be between two people with varying degrees of sexual assault allegations against them is pretty crazy.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
*sigh*

I'm going to vote for Biden because this country CANNOT endure 4 years more of Trump, his administration, and more Republican dismantling of democracy through shit judicial appointments and potentially getting another Supreme Court seat.
That being said, fuck me dems. Is this the best guy to beat Trump? Dude has cognitive decline, a shit voting record, doesn't inspire turnout, has been in controversy due to his son's involvement in a gas company, has videos of him being a racist shithead, has been accused of being inappropriate w/ personal space when it comes to women, and NOW has a sexual assault allegation against him. How the fuck is this the best guy to beat Trump? Sanders, Warren, Brown, or anybody else would've been better (not Bloomberg; fuck Bloomberg).
I'll vote for Biden because Trump is worse in every imaginable manner, but god damn it.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

It's pretty easy to understand. People are complicated and the world is not black and white. You can believe Reade, but also understand that waiting for more facts to develop (see Depp's situation) to form a more complete and accurate opinion is smart, and also understand that we're already locked into Biden as a democratic system and him failing means Trump again which is infinitely worse in basically every way, including but not limited to reduced mercury regulations that will lead to child deaths, a GOP stacked SCOTUS for decades, and potential for the government to actually go complete fascist instead of just Trump dreaming of it being fascist.

We can wax philosophical about how Biden shouldn't be president because he's not ideal or how the system sucks, but you got to play the system with the cards you've been dealt even if they're not ideal. It's the only way to even have a chance to change the system for the better, and a system with Trump at the helm at a 2nd time isn't that.

Trump's response during this entire pandemic should be all it takes for anyone to understand that he needs to be beaten. If he can't even get this right, how could anyone possibly expect something worse to go right?

This isn't even just about the US either, Trump is irrevocably affecting other countries negatively and it's unconscionable to make the entire world and our descendants suffer through another 4 years of this and that's assuming Trump doesn't try to break the system further.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I believe Reade and I'm going to vote for Biden. It's so fucked up. Everything is so fucked up now. I just wish Bernie would speak the way he always has. This answer is just so stock DC. It bums me out.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. It's beyond upsetting.

Just wanted to thank people who are sharing their feelings about this, not simply letting it die. I don't have the energy to post anything of substance in these threads, but I'm so thankful to see discussions related to this topic bumped up on the first page of the OT.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
So I belive her when she says Biden sexually assaulted her, but I also believe he's not guilty of sexually assaulting her.
Yeah, that seems to work.

Believe women means not outright dismissing their accusations and doing an honest investigation into them, it does not mean that you have to automatically presume that every alleged perpetrator is emphatically guilty with nothing more.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or he thinks until proven he won't assume Biden is guilty, without dismissing her claims. Which is a stance that doesn't stop him from endorsing him. He also probably doesn't want to see the country crash and burn even harder because of this scandal that is still in the making.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

It sounds like he is endorsing the process of hearing accusations of sexual assault but is not rendering judgment himself.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019

This is where I'm at too.

Biden isn't my first, second, third or fourth choice.

However, I'd sooner vote for the desiccated corpse of Richard Nixon than DJT. Biden wasn't even on my radar as someone who should get the nom, but unfortunately here we are.

I also believe Reade, and come Jan 21 2021, if Biden is impeached and removed, I'm here for it.

But Trump must NOT win this election.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If it's me or you, sure. Who cares what we think? I get that. But when your words carry significant weight, and Bernie's words are absolutely crucial this election, to given an endorsement of a suspected rapist is deeply troubling. His answer saying is essentially "okay sure, you can make that accusation" when what I wanted to hear, what we should all want to hear is "BIden, explain this"

The onus in this environment and era is rightfully on the accused, not the accuser. And I hate to think survivors of similar situations are feeling when they read these political judo throws from Bernie.

You can defeat trump and still hold someone who will be president accountable. This doesn't have to be either or. It really, really doesn't.

Hillary lost to Trump over an Email Server....

OP
OP
Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Like Fox News barely covering anything?

If Fox News don't cover Trump allegations, sure, that's similar I guess.

But the journalistic bar to hurdle should be much higher than Fox News.

You've now got an ex-Presidential candidate fielding a question on this, along with AOC and CNN still hasn't put anything out.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
As a man, he really could never do this from a political perspective. The best he or any of them can do is say "She deserves to be heard" and leave it at that.

But yes, him saying this almost certainly means that he does not believe her.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a very safe answer and the correct one.

I dunno why people are trying to spin it any other way?

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
This is where I'm at too.

Biden isn't my first, second, third or fourth choice.

However, I'd sooner vote for the desiccated corpse of Richard Nixon than DJT. Biden wasn't even on my radar as someone who should get the nom, but unfortunately here we are.

I also believe Reade, and come Jan 21 2021, if Biden is impeached and removed, I'm here for it.

But Trump must NOT win this election.
The irony of this post is that Nixon was a significantly more dangerous president to the world than Trump