• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Starting in the 1970s psychology professor Helmut Kentler conducted his "experiment." Homeless children in West Berlin were intentionally placed with pedophile men. These men would make especially loving foster parents, Kentler argued.

A study conducted by the university of Hildesheim has found that authorities in Berlin condoned this practice for almost 30 years. The pedophile foster fathers even received a regular care allowance.

Berlin's child welfare offices and the governing Senate turned a blind eye or even approved of the placements.

What they found was a "network across educational institutions," the state youth welfare office and the Berlin Senate, in which pedophilia was "accepted, supported, defended."

Kentler himself was in regular contact with the children and their foster fathers. He was never prosecuted: By the time his victims came forward, the statute of limitations for his actions had expired. This has also thus far prevented the victims from getting any compensation.

The researchers found that several of the foster fathers were high-profile academics. They speak of a network that included high-ranking members of the Max Planck Institute, Berlin's Free University, and the notorious Odenwald School in Hesse, West Germany, which was at the center of a major pedophilia scandal several years ago. It has since been closed down.

www.dw.com

Berlin authorities placed children with pedophiles – DW – 06/15/2020

The 'Kentler Project' in West Berlin routinely placed homeless children with pedophile men, assuming they'd make ideal foster parents. A study has found the practice went on for decades.

What the fuck

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kept rereading that title because my brain refused to process it. What the fuck, that professor is a monster.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok, know it's been said multiple times, but it's the most appropriate reaction so... what the fuck?

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
What the actual fuck. How was this allowed to continue for 30 years? And no prosecutions? Wow. I'm not a conspiracy nut, but stuff like this and Jeffrey Epstein makes me think there really is an international ring of high profile pedophiles in positions of power.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
so like this dude was obv also a pedo using his position to enable his buddies, right? am I crazy?

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Probably operated by pedophiles too.

This is horrific. Can you even imagine finding out you were intentionally put with a pedophile as a child?

How can their be a statute of limitations on something like this?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
What the actual fuck. How was this allowed to continue for 30 years? And no prosecutions? Wow. I'm not a conspiracy nut, but stuff like this and Jeffrey Epstein makes me think there really is an international ring of high profile pedophiles in positions of power.

If you have a scientific theory, you test it using the scientific method.

If you have organized groups of people working together in child sex trafficking, how the hell is it a 'conspiracy theory'(in modern usage, its the same as saying something nonsensical, where as the definition just means people working together for x goal) its proven at this point. You have data. You have, gigantic international child sex rings that keep popping up from time to time in media. Its a thing that isn't really discussed because when you realize that it can only be the powerful who are able to have no repercussions doing so, theres not much to take home. Besides hoping your children don't get abducted.

Epstein had a private island with children, and it was frequented by the worlds most powerful people, who are all well above law. This is hardly a mystery at this point. He is not the only one either, or was not.

This shit is very real.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

This isn't even conspiracy, dawg. In the UK, a pedophile ring within government was outed quite publicly and subsequently swept under the rug about 5 years ago. Given what we know about Epstein and the company he kept, I just assume this is a fact at this point.

McEwan

Jan 30, 2020
This isn't even conspiracy, dawg. In the UK, a pedophile ring within government was outed quite publicly and subsequently swept under the rug about 5 years ago. Given what we know about Epstein and the company he kept, I just assume this is a fact at this point.
There was no conspiracy in the UK government. The sole accuser was found guilty last year of fraud and he himself was previously guity of possessing offensive material of children.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
When I read the title, I assumed that pedophiles were allowed to be foster parents by mistake, and that would already be horrific enough on its own.
They did this shit ON PURPOSE?! Sickening, no other words.
Poor children.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019

tbis post is incorrect about the U.K. government and should be deleted.

please fact check, the accuser was a fantasist and Tom Watson fell for it - and has still not apologised to the lives and reputations be trashed

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
"Two victims of a bizarre social experiment in which Berlin's city hall deliberately placed troubled children in the care of paedophiles are on the brink of winning compensation.
From 1969 to 2003 the authorities put at least nine boys in the hands of convicted sex offenders on the advice of a disgraced social scientist.
The idea behind the Kentler experiment — named after Helmut Kentler, an academic who argued that paedophilia could have "positive consequences" — was that unruly and "feeble-minded" children would benefit from adult sexual attention.
In the late 1960s Kentler persuaded West Berlin's ruling Senate that the homeless boys would jump at the opportunity to be fostered by paedophiles and would be "head over heels in love" with their new father figures."

Wow what a bunch of pieces of shit.

www.continentaltelegraph.com

There's No Idea So Bonkers That Some Government, Somewhere, Won't Try It | Continental Telegraph

Sure and the 20th century provides us with so much evidence of this point, that there's no idea so bonkers that some government, somewhere, won't try it. The communist idea that shooting all

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
There was no conspiracy in the UK government. The sole accuser was found guilty last year of fraud and he himself was previously guity of possessing offensive material of children.

tbis post is incorrect about the U.K. government and should be deleted.

please fact check, the accuser was a fantasist and Tom Watson fell for it - and has still not apologised to the lives and reputations be trashed

Wasn't there a dossier from the 80s, or was it bullshit? I seem to remember it being handled extremely poorly, with loads of pages supposedly going missing and we haven't heard anything since.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
That this started in the (early) 1970s is no coincidence, by the way. There are quite a few documented cases of paedophiles abusing the "free love" movement as well as the general hippie laissez-faire attitude of the times for their own goals. You can also look into the founding years of the German Greens party and find quite a lot of interesting characters, to say the least. A couple of years ago (I think) the same party sponsored an independent investigation into this and it was quite appalling what they found.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
There is a whole "Behind the Bastards" podcast episode about this. It came out last December.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, how did this get approved through an ethics board? Holy crap this is so insane.

How the fuck did this get past ethics

Apparently Helmut Kentler was seen as the leading authority on sex education at the time, so nobody questioned what he was doing

Also this is all in the context of the 1968 student movement and the ideas of sexual liberation... tragically in Germany pedophiles used it as a cover to push for a legalization of pedophilia, for a time they infiltrated the Green Party, too

Some more context: Inside The Secret Experiment That Purposely Left Orphaned Children With Pedophiles

The discussion of pedophilia in politics has had a strange history in Germany. The country's Green Party is now mainly associated with environmentalist policies, but there is an ugly chapter in its history that has recently been brought back into the spotlight.

It's hard to imagine a pro-pedophilia party gaining any kind of traction in mainstream politics today, but in the 1980s there was a faction of the Green Party ( "BAG SchwuP") that actively sought to legalize sex with children, as long as there was no coercion or violence involved. Party archives have revealed pamphlets and memos depicting children in a sexualized manner, as well as a record of several thousand Deutschmarks in funding paid directly from the Greens to the pedophilia group.

In many cases of the experiment, children between the ages of 13 and 15 (many of which were drug addicts and prostitutes) were placed in the care of pedophiles. Kentler's thought process was that the sexual experiences should have had a positive impact on the personal development of the neglected boys.

In 1997, Kentler, who spent much of his highly controversial career continuing to advocate for the "sexual rights" of children, would take his findings further by declaring "I have found in the vast majority of the experience that pederastic relationships can have a very positive effect on the personality development of a boy, especially if the pederasty is a true mentor of the boy."

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, what the fuck? So a pedophile started a state funded pedophilia ring and nobody asked any questions for 40 years?!

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i thought "well not intentionally of course"..

but it was intentionally. and not too long ago.

just fucking cancel this whole solar system. make the sun expand and swallow us all, fuck Neptunus and Pluto too.