• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
BF was the only game I put actual money down after E3. Looked like everything I wanted.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well deserved. Looks set to be an incredible addition to the series with a broadening of scope, new abilities and revised systems. I didn't go into 2021 thinking Battlefield would be my most anticipated release but here we are. Cannot wait to see and learn more.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I will be building a new computer for this. The last one I built was for Battlefield 3.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm glad this one is shaping up to be so fantastic looking and promising. It's not quite a day-one buy for me yet but I'm definitely very interested.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
Doesn't surprise me. The trailers did hit all the right notes.
The last time I was this hyped for a Battlefield release was bf4. Although I played bf1 and bfv I can't say that I was impressed with them (although some maps in bf1 were epic).

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Obligatory:

giphy.gif

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Folks are excited to be excited about Battlefield again - feels good :)

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely Zero interest and will never play it, but I can't even find it in me too surprised as those city scapes, the amount of destruction and scale? Yeah I only saw it in the Micro conference (I think that is where it was?) and even I was like damn, BF fans are in for a good time.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The World War games, as much as people wanted them, were just lacking in what made BF games so great: vehicles, weapon choice, and map variety.

Sad to say, as I still love the World War setting...I'd still like to see them go back to alt-history Cold War, and then make a 2142 sequel

Xeonidus

ā€œFuck them kids.ā€
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty excited about it. Enjoying Cold War overall but will probably switch to BF2042 this holiday if it continues to impress.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
It really looks to capture the sandboxness that made past Battlefield's great. I believe this one will be a win for EA

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Nice too see.

I myself im far from a dude bro shooter guy and i am interested in the game.

Just love the idea of so many players causing mayhem and destruction on a map.

Need some sandbox goodness in my life.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I don't play BF but I'm not surprised. The hype for this game is insane and rightfully so. Even I'm impressed by what I saw

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Not a Battlefield person, but it looked REAL good. Happy to see it's generating so much buzz. A friend (who's also very much not normally a Battlefield person) poked me asking if we should both dive into this one. I'm thinking about it!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good to see the hype is there. Now DICE need to make good on it. If it launches a little broken, will no solid roadmap or content, it will quickly fade. Come on DICE!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I can't look at Benji the same ever since he blocked Ahmad for correcting him lol

Oct 31, 2017
Not surprising at all. The BF community have been begging for a true sequel to BF4 for 8 years and DICE and EA have been screwing around. They finally listened to the community and are going back to the formula that made us fall in love with BF, it's not surprising at all the community is beyond hyped and showing them tons of love. The game is going to be huge this holiday and anyone thinking the lack of a campaign is going to hurt the game is completely clueless.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Not a Battlefield person, but it looked REAL good. Happy to see it's generating so much buzz. A friend (who's also very much not normally a Battlefield person) poked me asking if we should both dive into this one. I'm thinking about it!
Do it. Battlefield is so much fun with friends.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, yeah! The whole first trailer was a love letter to the multiplayer community. After the changes to BF1/V, I feel like many Battlefield players wanted a return to form of 3/4. Toss some of the best BF memes ever on top and you've got a winning formula.

I can't wait. One of my most anticipated games this year. Hope launch goes smoothly!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
They made the right call going multiplayer, I know its def gonna be crazy popular when it launches.

Oct 31, 2017
Yea haha the numbers are pretty sweet. :D
Congrats. I'm happy for you guys. DICE is still my fav dev when it comes to FPSs and BF is still my favorite FPS franchise to play. BFV was a total miss for me but I'm glad to see you guys bringing us all the content that made us fall in love with BF in the first place. I hope this game breaks all sales records for you guys šŸ˜†.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
ditching the single player campaigns, no BR and trying to create new game modes around what makes battlefield battlefield sound like a pretty good premise