• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nice change. I actually enjoyed Days Gone for what it was (enough to actually get the platinum). They've always been a solid studio and I hope we get a look at their new IP in the not too distant future.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see where the "component" in the title comes from.

I'm not a native English speaker, so correct me if I'm wrong but this is the actual wording:
a new IP that includes multiplayer and builds upon the open-world systems of Days Gone
This is them just confirming that this game has multiplayer and open world, no? The title makes it sound like they've confirmed that it will have a single player portion as well, which isn't in line with my understanding based on that quote.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The foundations of Days Gone would definitely translate to Sony's service games push, tbh this might not be such a bad move since it would play more to the studio's strengths (based on DG anyway). Interested to see what they come up with regardless, they have a really great base with UE to work from

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I don't see where the "component" in the title comes from.

I'm not a native English speaker, so correct me if I'm wrong but this is the actual wording:

This is them just confirming that this game has multiplayer and open world, no? The title makes it sound like they've confirmed that it will have a single player portion as well, which isn't in line with my understanding based on that quote.
Yeah, I think this is a fair reading

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've heard some cool things, excited to see it eventually.

DG was far from great, but I enjoyed it a lot.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in what is said about their new IP here excite me in any way. The logo is... fine.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
It would sure be nice if it was an open-world game set in an urban, densely-packed environment and not... fields.
Pls no zombies. Pls.

Please no zombies. Please no post-apocalypse setting. Please no bikers. Please no overly-serious tone. Please no crouching in bushes. Please no backwards baseball caps. Please no campaign length that drags on 20 hours longer than it needs to.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I dig the logo. And more open world bend sounds great to me. I loved days gone. Hopefully the multiplayer part is just that...a part. Please don't be some online only multiplayer thing please.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't have too much love for Days Gone but I would much rather more of that than whatever "open world multiplayer" likely means. We'll see, I guess.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Looks nice. The "i" not being capitalised is messing with me a little, though I can't recall their original one so that might be a thing.

I do hope that "builds upon" means another entry in the same universe and not just "we're putting our cool snow fall thing into a multiplayer GAAS"

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I felt Days Gone would have been far more widely loved if it had coop. Wonder what exactly they're taking from DG for the new game. I doubt they'd just take hordes and stick them in a new game. Maybe a more involved and systematic open world.
Oh yeah. I absolutely loved Days Gone but coop would've added a few more points. Haven't played a bunch of the challenges but doing endless hordes with a friend or random could've been cool.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Cool logo, it's pretty abstract. I don't get it.
"We set out to create a new identity that would be cutting-edge, abstract, and minimalist. It should feature simple, high-tech geometry but also represent the constant motion of creativity. Ideally it would be the kind of logo that is recognizable to gamers on the street without the need for a wordmark. Over time it should be easily identified as a symbol of gaming just like a certain swoosh is of sportswear.

With those objectives in mind, we are illustrating Bend Studio's technical innovation with a forward directional look. The letterforms are cut to run parallel to the leading edge of the outer symbol triangle but still maintain the stability of our mid-weight non-italicized font. The Cascade icon in the center of the symbol is an abstract representation of the many mountain peaks that are the center of our lives in Central Oregon and define our skyline. Additionally, there is a small break in the "I" that represents one of the lumber mill smokestacks that speaks to Bend's history as a logging town before its current existence as an outdoor enthusiast destination."
blog.playstation.com

A new look for Bend Studio’s future, and a look back at its past

The Oregon-based PlayStation Studios developer unveils a new logo, and reflects on its history.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
If there's something like a horde in this -- whatever it is -- I'd be happy.

This pretty much. Even though i really really did not like the story and a lot of the characters in Days Gone the horde murder was reeeeaaaaaall good. A PS5 only version of that with a friend and like... bigger guns? All day.

Setting traps is always more fun with a group

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
not a fan of the logo animation in the op. its not pleasant to look at if you are photo-sensitive/epileptic.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are reading into the "systems" thing too literally . I doubt it means they are just re-skinning Days Gone and keeping all of the features/systems of that game intact 1:1.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I'm rooting for Bend. Days Gone had some qualities but they could never stand out in what ultimately amounted to "another zombie game".
If their next project has something that immediately grab the attention they could follow the footsteps of Sucker Punch and Guerilla.

Dec 15, 2017
Awesome. I liked Days Gone but I'm really not in to the Zombie thing anymore, so I hope they have a different plan this time.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are reading into the "systems" thing too literally . I doubt it means they are just re-skinning Days Gone and keeping all of the features/systems of that game intact 1:1.
Yep this what they said last year
And you know, Bend Studio is working on a very exciting new IP that they're very, very passionate about. They're building on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone. So I'm really happy for Bend Studio.
blog.playstation.com

Hermen Hulst Q&A: What’s Next for PlayStation Studios

Head of PlayStation Studios shares insight into what’s to come.

Trey2Deebo

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2022
I'm a big fan of their games. Looking forward to seeing what they've got cooking. I enjoyed Days Gone, but I'm not too sad we're not getting a sequel.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
same.gif

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope they just mean it has a multiplayer component I can ignore entirely.

I know it isn't happening but I still want a Days Gone 2.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to their open world Hitman style spy game that will be the spiritual successor to Syphon Filter.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
My biggest complain about Days Gone was how the game itself eventually trivialized it's own open-world. It was the most fun when my bike was shitty and my weapons were limited and weak.

Hopefully building off of the systems in Days Gone means tweaking that curve to some degree. There's really something good underneath.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone had the best open world design from Sony. I'm excited to see what they do next. The new logo is sick too.