• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Ben continues to be the best Ally. Great host, huge weeb, and now this?

this is lighthearted, love them all

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
And to think I didn't really like him back when he started at Gametrailers all those years ago. I was so wrong, the man is a treasure.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I love it how upfront in your face this is. Too many times people with platforms do this weird negotiating-thing, that "meeting in the middle"-bullshit. Probably to just save their platform and not alienating racist/transphobic/sexist etc. assholes who pay for their content. But by doing so they cater to these toxic views, gatekeeping them into existance. Happy to see EZA doesn't do that and showing people with toxic views the door.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking love EZA, damnit lol. Ben's a treasure, Isla's a treasure, they're all treasures. No time for hateful BS, toss it or be tossed.

L&R!

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I couldn't possibly love these people more.
Good on Ben!

And how the fuck can you hate someone as loveabe as Isla?!
You loved her before, nothing about her as a person has changed other than that she was brave enough to be herself.

Thankfully, most people embraced her and showed love and support.

These fucking degenerates make my blood boil...

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
All the allies are amazing but I especially love how Ben regularly reminds people transphobia, homophobia, bigotry, etc is never accepted in EZA. L&R

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
This is great! It must be so hard for them to watch such a close friend and work colleague get so much shit. So glad he put this out there!

I must say though when Isla first announced I listened to a cup of jones and he kept saying how he had to "think of the business" and "things that go with it"or something to that affect, and I know they have to and he never outright said it, but all I couldhear was Brandon stressing over them losing patrons and $$$. He mentioned Kyle leaving and everything. I understand they have to think of things like this, after all they have to get paid, but my god it was uncomfortable listening. Maybe I was wrong and I thought too much into it but that's what I got, so it's extra nice seeing Ben come out so blatantly and just say it!

I mean fuck people, put in headphones and you wouldn't even know, yet Isla is obviously a much happier person, so why the fuck people gotta be assholes?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
For even more gratuitous context: These backwards asszits that probably prompted Ben's fair-mouthed declaration had the fart-bloated gall to make their shit-turd comments after Isla opened herself up to questions from the community and did a near 4 hour long Q&A in which she was her usual way-too-real-and-honest-than-anyone-has-any-right-to-expect self.

Those unable to reciprocrate the kind of love extended by Isla in that example, can indeed go fuck off into the sun.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
And how the fuck can you hate someone as loveabe as Isla?!
You loved her before, nothing about her as a person has changed other than that she was brave enough to be herself.
To be fair, Isla is most likely the ally who has received the most hate and negative comments over the years. And that has been tied largely to her political outspokenness and support of LGBTQ+ rights. So these people didn't love her before, and they haven't changed their mind. They just have a more tangible focus for their hatred and bigotry now.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Ben can def go off. He is absolutely right here. Guessing some bigots came out to throw hate at Isla. fuck em

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah.

All the allies should be publicly dissing transphobic people imo. I've only seen Ben and Blood make any sort of the comment on the issue, but I don't consume all their stuff, so I could've just missed a big PSA or something.
I know of at least one tweet from Huber a few years ago where he very clearly voiced his support for the trans community.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed a bunch of shit heads came out of the woodwork when the allies were supportive of the BLM protests last summer as well. There's no benefit in keeping these people around. Telling them to fuck off is the only appropriate response.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, Isla is most likely the ally who has received the most hate and negative comments over the years. And that has been tied largely to her political outspokenness and support of LGBTQ+ rights. So these people didn't love her before, and they haven't changed their mind. They just have a more tangible focus for their hatred and bigotry now.
They're pieces of shit either way.

She's wonderful and so are the rest of the allies.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I hadn't heard about Isla. (I haven't watched EZA much since Bosman left.) Good for her, I'm happy for her. (I also always kind of suspected.)

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Always felt EZA fans are positive and wholesome, hope Isla didn't get any kind of harrassment.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Highly recommend any EZA fan watch Isla's AMA recently. Very educational and inspiring

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I was going to say this. Isla has been treated very badly by idiots online for very long before this. It makes me very sad for her but I hope she has the strength to persevere and not give in too these subhumans.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Based.

I don't keep up with EZA anymore, but I was a bit nervous about how their audience would react when Isla came out. Glad to see Ben's not taking any bullshit.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
It would be threadworthy without context.
If it had been and isolated tweet, as I wrongly thought it was, then I wouldn't consider it threadworthy. I mean, for instance, if Alanah Pearce wakes up one day and tweets "fuck nazis" just because she felt like it, would you really consider that something of general interest to the gaming forum?

your comment wasn't ok even without knowing the context.
How was it not okay? Was I attacking a certain collective or saying something mean to anyone? I was only wondering, without knowing the context of what's been going on at EZA this past few weeks, how what it seemed to be an isolated tweet (the OP didn't give any context to it) was relevant to the gaming discussion. Some minutes later, some people explained to me what it was all about, and now I agree that it is threadworthy indeed.

So yeah, I don't see what was wrong about my post, apart from coming from a place of ignorance.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If it had been and isolated tweet, as I wrongly thought it was, then I wouldn't consider it threadworthy. I mean, for instance, if Alanah Pearce wakes up one day and tweets "fuck nazis" just because she felt like it, would you really consider that something of general interest to the gaming forum?
Yes. If someone of note in the gaming industry is taking a public stand I think it is noteworthy because I - and many others - actually care to hear these voices when they do this, it is not common that it happens like this with higher profile industry people. It is very good to bring it to light, it is thread worthy.

Trans people are gamers. People who give a fuck about trans people are gamers. This is a gaming forum that makes these things prominent. You coming in and saying "how is this noteworthy to gamers?" in that context is dismissive of how important this is, that is not okay.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i already explained in a reply to another post:
"it just sounded weird to me that someone's reaction to ben's passionate tweet would be "Emmmm... alright, sure..." and "this is not related to games", even if they didn't know the context. anyway, this thread is about something more important so it's best to move on."

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
Yes. If someone of note in the gaming industry is taking a public stand I think it is noteworthy because I actually care to hear these voices when they do this, it is not common that it happens like this with higher profile industry people.

Trans people are gamers. People who give a fuck about trans people are gamers. This is a gaming forum that makes these things prominent. You coming in and saying "how is this noteworthy to gamers" is dismissive of how important this is, that is not okay.
I never looked at it that way, you're right, it makes total sense. I apologize for the insensitive nature of my post, and for it coming as to dismissive of transphobia.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be very clear here and say that it would have still been absolutely no problem, as these issues are directly relevant to issues in the gaming community, and it wouldn't be for you to come here and complain about. Use the report system if you think a thread isn't threadworthy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I never looked at it that way, you're right, it makes total sense. I apologize for the insensitive nature of my post, and for it coming as to dismissive of transphobia.
Thank you for considering it. That kind of dismissal happens too often with people never coming back to engage, it's always good when someone does and listens to the concerns.

For my part I wasn't intending to pile on or attack, just make my opinion on it clear. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
I'm going to be very clear here and say that it would have still been absolutely worthy, as these issues are directly relevant to issues in the gaming community, and it wouldn't be for you to come here and complain about. Use the report system if you think a thread isn't threadworthy.
Totally understood. Astro's response was eye-opening to me when it comes to this problematic. A comment like the one I made in the first page is never gonna happen again. I'm sorry.