• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It is amazing just how scummy fucks become deeply ingrained in the industry running about their daily lives without accountability.

The scary part is this is EVERY industry. Games, movies, music, finance, sales...there are shitheads like this everywhere and so many of them get away with it for ages. Some of them never get called out.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The scary part is this is EVERY industry. Games, movies, music, finance, sales...there are shitheads like this everywhere and so many of them get away with it for ages. Some of them never get called out.

This. It's not a game industry specific problem. The working world and society in general is full of this shit, so it's something that needs to somehow be fixed at a societal level. Somehow. Not even sure what the answer is either.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well

at least Capcom is okay with changing the va's for ONE of their famous characters because of a history of problematic behavior

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what happened with Ken Levine?

I can't go into a lot of detail because the conversations I had on the topic were years and years ago, but I'll just be clear and say that what I heard wasn't sexual in nature. Just standard "bad boss" asshole at work kinds of stuff.

Nevertheless, finding out he was a bastard really hurt me because he was one of the few game designers I really viewed as an idol and creative inspiration.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
well

at least Capcom is okay with changing the va's for ONE of their famous characters because of a history of problematic behavior
If you mean Dante, replacing him would also mean getting a new mo-cap studio, which would result in delays for their big projects. As much as I'd want Reuben replaced, it likely won't happen. At least with Morrison, I'm sure he would have been recast if Capcom knew about his VA's shit sooner.

Though regarding Ben Judd as Wright, he was replaced before this came to light (& I'm not sure if Capcom knew about this back then). So it's more of a case of Capcom inadvertently making the right call (again, thank god).

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Oh indubitably. The only difference is that abuse in the other industries have been well documented for a longer period of time. It is about time gaming industry started to catalog its own collection sexual predators.

Now, more than ever, it becomes very apparent the contributing influences people like these have had in cultivating a toxic fandom and workplace. And now the fandom has essentially become the toxic gatekeepers of interactive entertainment.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
This person says they're not willing to provide proof. Has someone else?

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif

The dam is BURSTING today. holy smokes

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Oof, this hurts. I didn't know he was scum prior to this, but I enjoyed his (absolutely limited) performance in Ace Attorney.

Did something happen recently, with all these outings taking place within the span of a few days? I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with it all, life has gotten a little crazy on my end.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I think it speaks to the issues we have in our society where we promote doing anything to get ahead but also discourage people rocking the boat, especially in regard to the former. The thread about Starbound exploiting unpaid labor for example is full of victim-blaming and hand-wringing about insignificant details.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
That one time Judd gave TGS interviews in a bathrobe gave me weird vibes so I'm not hugely surprised by this. Sadly.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
i need to see a picture of his dick and balls before i decide if i think he's guilty or not

after all what is an accusation without evidence, and what better evidence is there than a glossy 8 x 10 of former capcom employee ben judd's nutsack

for all we know this person could be lying about seening bens family jewels becuase she has so much to gain right

this person who seems to be fairly successful obviously is using this to boost her own career or whatever asinine lie you idiots believe

yes you im talking to you dumb motherfucker

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well, this certainly casts a shadow over the AA Trilogy collection me and a friend are currently playing through. :<

gdi

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it speaks to the issues we have in our society where we promote doing anything to get ahead but also discourage people rocking the boat, especially in regard to the former. The thread about Starbound exploiting unpaid labor for example is full of victim-blaming and hand-wringing about insignificant details.

Yup. Aggressive modern capitalism basically rewards people for being absolute bastards who chew up and spit out people to get where they want, and it allows the people who accumulate enough power to essentially move unimpeded wherever they want and hurt whoever they want without any consequences.

It's an objectivist dream world, but for actual sane humans, it's a nightmare.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
It's been the official policy of the forum since its inception to believe accusers, and to make posts to the contrary usually leads to disciplinary action. Not sure what you're alluding to.

If you want to doubt the accuser without hard evidence to back up your doubts, you should keep it to yourself.

I believe the accuser.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Almost all of the perpetrators of these actions are white men in a position of power. Hmmm, how curious is that.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
It's been the official policy of the forum since its inception to believe accusers, and to make posts to the contrary usually leads to disciplinary action. Not sure what you're alluding to.

If you want to doubt the accuser without hard evidence to back up your doubts, you should keep it to yourself.
But the accuser in this case us saying I won't provide proof, I mean wtf?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
*Wright sweating.gif*

Man, i'm glad he's such a small piece of the AA series, still kinda ruins those original sound bites though.

Speaking of Ace Attorney, not even their turbo convicting courts could keep up with all the gaming industry suspects right now

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
i need to see a picture of his dick and balls before i decide if i think he's guilty or not

after all what is an accusation without evidence, and what better evidence is there than a glossy 8 x 10 of former capcom employee ben judd's nutsack

for all we know this person could be lying about seening bens family jewels becuase she has so much to gain right

this person who seems to be fairly successful obviously is using this to boost her own career or whatever asinine lie you idiots believe

^

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017

how do I pin this tweet I'm not good with computers

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey devs, can you try being not-disgusting people, instead of disgusting people. Thanks.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I didn't imagine Lawhead's tweet would have quite the repercussion. I'm sad that all these people went through traumatic experiences at the hands of people they trusted, but I'm happy that they are coming out and naming their abusers.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only know him with helping the kickstarter Mighty No.9 and Bloodstained. He seemed like a cool guy. I guess not.