• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
The moves he was in sucked, but I really loved some of his scenes, they were new and fresh:

1v9z.gif

58a762b0-d73c-0133-77b5-0e7c926a42af.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Nothing wrong with Affleck as Bruce/Batman. He didn't have much to work with.

Good for him looking out for his well being rather than taking on directing and starring in a Batman film.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
His Batman is probably my preferred cinematic version even over Bale, but I understand completely the pressure he was under.

Glad he chose to walk away rather than self destruct.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought of it like that. Actors who are dealing with depression aren't allowed to do things like stress eat when they have to be in superhuman shape. So they take drugs or drink to excess. Good for him for turning down a huge role to focus on his own health and get right.

It also makes his Coach Carter film hit a little harder too.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
The moves he was in sucked, but I really loved some of his scenes, they were new and fresh:

1v9z.gif

58a762b0-d73c-0133-77b5-0e7c926a42af.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Visually, it's unparalleled in the genre. Completely unmatched. I feel that way about the story too, but I know why the majority of people really dislike it. It was '90s DC as fuck, and that's my favorite period in comics.

Oct 27, 2017
Good he put his health first but I'm not sure I see the connection to Batman. Is he not doing any acting while he gets back on track?
well JL came out in 2017 and presumably he wouldn't shot right into Batman. So this was all during his bad times. He's doing better now but it's like years later. DC would've probably preferred less than a 5 year gap between JL and a new Batman movie.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Good on him for feeling comfortable to talk about it, looks like he's in a much better place.

Thought it was pretty obvious, at least after his gangster movie bombed and photos of him being heavier on the beach that he was going through shit.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because you Era guys weren't gleefully sharing the sad affleck meme and laughing at him.

Hell even the first post is something else.

Never change Era. Anything for your fanboyism.

Anyway do your thing Ben. Hope you are feeling better.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Batfleck was too good for this world <3

I'd love to see what he and Snyder were originally gonna go with JL.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's so sad. Would have loved to see him continue as Batman. But health is way more important.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
His performance was one of the few things that worked about BvS. I really liked him in that role but I completely understand his decision. Mental health has to come first.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sad because he was a good older batman. Who know, maybe in the future there will be a timeline or flashback with both Affleck and Pattinson younger version

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
He did great with what he was handed for sure. There are some incredible Wayne/Batman sequences in Batman v Superman.

Hope he stays on the right track.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Addiction as coping mechanism is no joke. Hope he break the circle as soon as possible. Dealing with that shit too with food and it's a nightmare.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always wonder what his batman movie would look like and his future in the dceu but I'm glad he's getting better!

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
He Batman and Bruce Wayne were great portrayals in bad movies. This sounds like he very much made the right choice, though.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get better dude, just know whatever hatered there was for BVS, Batfleck was the best. In fact his Batman to me is still the best pure comic live action Batman to date. It sucks they fucked it all up with JL but it is what it is.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
He's my favorite Batman and you could see he was just falling apart for awhile there, I'm glad he's getting back into shape and doing movies again.

Gonna Hurt not seeing His vet beast Batman in a solo movie tho.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Inappropriate commentary
I knew the DCEU was bad, but not "driving its principal actors into alcoholism" bad

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he gets better, and I hope he comes back to play Batman at some point in the future. He deserves at least one great solo film. I loved his portrayal of the character.

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Very admirable on his part to even admit that to public. But in order for one person to get better, or better themselves, is to accept the fact there is something wrong with you in the 1st place.

Then you can start working on fixing that problem/s. Ben did a good job playing the caped crusader, given what the script was. It's really sad his marriage had to end, but i'm glad to hear he's getting better.

He's a pretty good actor, he will do just fine!

All fanboys here that bash him should be ashamed, nobody is perfect, but i guess everyone on Era is smh!!!

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if the person said this to him was referring to the shooting schedule or the reception of the previous movies (or both)?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
His interpretation of Batman in BvS was great. The fight scene in the warehouse teased something real cool. It's a shame it didn't work out and it's a shame he's struggling so much, but good for him for trying to get better. That said, I am also happy with the direction of the new Batman movie under Reeves.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hope he gets better. Alcoholism is horrible.

On a slightly more positive note...

I was randomly wiki'ing from this and saw he's a baller ass Poker player and won like $325k for the California state poker tournament.

Oct 25, 2017
Him running into the smoke was the most hype thing in the trailer. While many were losing their minds and hating Batfleck before the movie came out I was excited. He ended up being my favorite Bats in BvS, just a shame that JL hurt Bats a lot.

I really enjoyed the directors cut of BvS. I never saw it in the theaters because of the bad press. I didn't think it deserved anywhere near the hate. JL was pretty boring and all over the place. That movie certainly deserved the poor reviews. I do find that people seem overly critical of Snyder films though, it's strange.

Oct 25, 2017
That's genuinely depressing.

I feel the lack of empathy some people have for celebrity's because "they have money" was always abhorrent. The idea of millions of eyeballs constantly on you can just eat away at a persons mental well-being

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shame because I know Batman was his dream role hearing him talk way back early in his career. Glad to see the dude knows where he stands, hope he's getting help.

Aug 27, 2018
Can someone explain this 'joke'? seems lots of people are upset about it but i'm just confused.
I was confused too and found this.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

“I Need to Be Careful”: Texts Reveal Warner Bros. CEO Promoted Actress Amid Apparent Sexual Relationship

Hundreds of leaked text messages between Kevin Tsujihara, actress Charlotte Kirk and partners Brett Ratner and James Packer show the powerful executive, under pressure, said repeatedly he would push for auditions as accusations of "extortion" and a proposed settlement agreement followed...