• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i finally tracked down my lantern from my first death, but my body wasnt there, or any of my stuff such as the spear. will it be somewhere nearby? i assume the game tracks all your bodies to recover, not just the latest death?

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I'm loving what I've been playing so far. If you're still undecided and you're into dungeon crawlers or even things like Diablo 1, I think this game is for you. Just got to Floor 4, can't wait to keep playing :)

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I don't usually call out indie games, but the intro in this one is really horrible. What where they thinking with that prolonged boat ride cutscene? Was it supposed to set the mood for the rest of the game? Based on what I just experienced, I have to assume that the developer will expose me to many more self-indulgent "artistic cutscenes" down the line, so I will have to think hard if it makes sense to continue playing the game. Bad first impression!

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I died for the first time after like 3h of playing, and I went straight up to my body with the new playthrough, but didn't find my lantern. Where do I pick it up?

I believe it's so you can warp back to that campfire

Next to your corpse but if you also open the map it's on the map part that glows white with a little red dot

Ezel

Oct 28, 2017
If you opened the door, it stays open. You should be able to go back to the area and continue.

The water area you are talking about is still technically level 3, even though it isn't on the map, so maybe that's why it's saying it's on level 3 even if you fully explored it
I've tried to go back sadly the door is closed... And I clearly remember dying just after while going down :(

Also what's up with the 200 orbs to collect and store on level 3?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I suck at this game now. I may give up, but if anyone wants to chime in...
How the heck do you
get past the tree blocking one way out. I shot fire arrows at it... Tried to use a torch... I'm dumb. What am I missing?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually call out indie games, but the intro in this one is really horrible. What where they thinking with that prolonged boat ride cutscene? Was it supposed to set the mood for the rest of the game? Based on what I just experienced, I have to assume that the developer will expose me to many more self-indulgent "artistic cutscenes" down the line, so I will have to think hard if it makes sense to continue playing the game. Bad first impression!

most loved it, myself included. Sad!

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So you know the shortcut on the top left that takes you down the well looking thing? THats a good place to farm resources. I kept coming back and killing the foxes and I have four stews and green potions, so I'm pretty ready for what's next.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I liked the opening but it could have been a little more visually interesting with the storm, boat, and or clouds. You didn't even really see the boat until like 3 minutes into the zoom in.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
I have my DS4 connected but it doesn't work and I can't see anything in the options. Maybe I'm blind.

Steam games only support Xbox pads via xInput natively most of the time.

To use a DS4, either use the DS4Windows tools or better yet, start Steam in Big Picture Mode and configure it for a PS4 controller. It's in the Steam Controller settings, which doubles as a general controller config tool for all kinds of controllers (Switch Pro Controller etc).

I believe (though I am not sure, because I haven't use it in a while because of native support of Xbox 360/One pads in almost all games) you have to have the Steam Big Picture Mode running for it to work. It might have been changed since.

Nov 3, 2017
I have my DS4 connected but it doesn't work and I can't see anything in the options. Maybe I'm blind.
I just tried it and my DS4 plugged in with USB just worked. The game crashed on me and i needed to reboot but it did that with my wired Hori pad too. I didn't need to use Big Picture Mode but i'd suggest starting BPM and checking the controller settings to see if Playstation Support is clicked. The DS4 always worked wired for me but i did that a while ago to get the correct button icons for a game i was playing.

I don't have DS4Windows so that's not a requirement.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I got this game on gamepass and I really like it so far! Although I am not usually someone who likes roguelikes.....so I am a little confused.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
OK... I'm stuck at level 2, lol.

Explored the whole Level, I am sure. Checked the beach and got some shiny thing on the right there ("First light" or something). I assume there is a way to break the wall with crack in the most southern room...? Cant see any other way to level 3.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Steam games only support Xbox pads via xInput natively most of the time.

To use a DS4, either use the DS4Windows tools or better yet, start Steam in Big Picture Mode and configure it for a PS4 controller. It's in the Steam Controller settings, which doubles as a general controller config tool for all kinds of controllers (Switch Pro Controller etc).

I believe (though I am not sure, because I haven't use it in a while because of native support of Xbox 360/One pads in almost all games) you have to have the Steam Big Picture Mode running for it to work. It might have been changed since.
You can definitely enable Steam Controller emulation for non-Xbox controllers in desktop mode but you have to change a setting or two. I'm not in front of my computer at the moment so I can't tell you exactly how to do it.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
OK... I'm stuck at level 2, lol.

Explored the whole Level, I am sure. Checked the beach and got some shiny thing on the right there ("First light" or something). I assume there is a way to break the wall with crack in the most southern room...? Cant see any other way to level 3.
i think the southern most room is where the door with the key embossed on it is... only its not a door, it opens stairs. approach from the north (not the south as if it was a door). i must have my gamma/contrast/brightness off, as it always looked like a door that was just out of reach with the ? icon.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about where to go after floor 4, I feel like I'm missing something,

I've been down to the first light and beat the robot boss and the only other way down I can find jumps me all the way to floor 18. Is this the normal way forward or have I missed something? I saw some folks discuss floor six earlier so seems weird to jump that far down.

Last edited:

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I thought something was wrong. Only released it was a cutscene until I paused it and it had the option to skip. In my opinion it was an awful first impression.

Absolutely. At first, I thought that my game was stuck. Then just realized that it was a looooong and booooring intro. With no need.

Cromulent Word

Co-founder @ Capy
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Does this game have a definite end?

Very much yes.

Couple of things I don't get. I looked my body and lantern, but why does it keep showing me to go to my body. Wish that would disappear from the map..

We'll be adding this shortly cause we agree.

Also what is up with floor 4. I went 6 rooms deep and not a single piece of food and started to death. I did find a wolf, but it didn't drop anything. So frustrating.

We'll be changing the balance a little in patches, this is something we'll consider

Also what is up with floor 4. I went 6 rooms deep and not a single piece of Lastly, I really hate the black splotches that appear when you are inside. Makes me think of the old days when video cards would start to fail.[/QUOTE]

We'll be adding an option to remove soon.

I'm on Win7 and I also can't launch the game. I'm probably gonna get a refund, but I'll keep checking the forums till there's a fix, because the game looks intriguing. Good luck.

But, seriously, did no one test this game on Win7 before launch?

Yes, we tested it internally and with a QA company. Bugs get missed. We've been working non-stop since launch fixing things, including Win7 issues. Most of them are fixed.

That's not entirely true. I've had them hiding behind pillars where you could only just barely see the side of them. I've actually taken to just swiping behind pillars to make sure I'm not just missing one, and in general I try and walk in front of pillars too.

This really sucks, we agree. we're aware it happens (rarely) and we'll try to resolve.

Absolutely. At first, I thought that my game was stuck. Then just realized that it was a looooong and booooring intro. With no need.

There's a skip option.

Thanks for all the feedback yall.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
So is this game strictly run based or is there some sort of steady progression? I really love the look but I generally can't stand Rouge like progressions systems.

Edit: Never mind I think the OP answers my question, sorry.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The more I play the more I really like it. Thanks for the response! Huge fan of your games.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the noob question but, how do I find the lantern once I die? Are my torches burning out on their own? ALways stuck in the dark. I've die don't twice and still learning, but so far I love this game

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
so now when i'm dying i'm finding my body AND lantern literally on the beach the ship arrives at. this has happened twice in a row now, is this normal? lol

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I like the game for the most part, but the difficulty is really high. I find myself repeating a loop of dying on floor 19, teleporting to the camp before 18, dying because I have crap supplies, making the much longer trek from a shortcut on 2, then finally getting all the stuff just to die on 19 again before getting past the floor. It's becoming tedious but some of the enemies on that floor just wreck me pretty consistently.

Oct 25, 2017
so now when i'm dying i'm finding my body AND lantern literally on the beach the ship arrives at. this has happened twice in a row now, is this normal? lol

Was this
dying after you went down in the *elevator* from floor 4? If so, I'm pretty sure that's because you NEED the lantern to do that part, you wouldn't be able to get back in

Oct 25, 2017

Was this
dying after you went down in the *elevator* from floor 4? If so, I'm pretty sure that's because you NEED the lantern to do that part, you wouldn't be able to get back in

I like the game for the most part, but the difficulty is really high. I find myself repeating a loop of dying on floor 19, teleporting to the camp before 18, dying because I have crap supplies, making the much longer trek from a shortcut on 2, then finally getting all the stuff just to die on 19 again before getting past the floor. It's becoming tedious but some of the enemies on that floor just wreck me pretty consistently.

How did you get to floor 18? Might answer my question from up the page

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Was this

How did you get to floor 18? Might answer my question from up the page
Both floor 3 and floor 4 in my game had exits that went straight to it.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I progress on the second floor? There's something there with an icon but I don't know how to interact with it.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
So I died, but I can't remember where and now I don't know how to find my lantern. The hell do I do?

I'm liking the game btw

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Press the map button. It will tell you where your dead body and lantern are. Not exactly but the general direction
Well, I actually died twice, the first one with the lantern, the second due to a friggin trap while searching for the lantern. Now I went to one of the bodies (to the point where the map is red) and it was the second body. So I'm still searching...

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: I found it!

The map was full white btw, so if it helps: full white = where you left the lantern.

Status
Not open for further replies.