• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's enough to make you join the Empire.

THEY CAN FLY NOW?!?!!

znWF4jI.gif

Pn8asIx.gif

r2WBAsC.gif

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
so we've had a new hope 2, and now we're getting return of the jedi 2

maybe... just maybe... the absolutely god awful last jedi... was... actually... a good film???

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
so we've had a new hope 2, and now we're getting return of the jedi 2

maybe... just maybe... the absolutely god awful last jedi... was... actually... a good film???
I think history might look back at it as the only film of the new Trilogy that had a genuine desire to forge new paths instead of retreading old ones, while of course still being divided over whether those paths were a good or a bad idea.

Which isn't to say that i dislike TFA or that i'm gonna be disappointed in TROS if it's very fanservicey - but in the grand scheme of things, it was only TLJ that made me feel like Star Wars was going somewhere instead of going back somewhere.

Mandalorian is dope, though. I think the Disney+ Extended Universe is going to be where it's at.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's really not a good look. Like, the main criticism about TFA was retreading the same plot points, using similar iconography.
And now he kinda doubles down by bringing back old characters, some of which i'm having a hard time imagining how they'd organically fit into the story. That includes Lando.
Like, why would anyone need Lando for anything 30 years from RotJ.??!
This was my main concern about JJ Abrams coming back for this one. TLJ was refreshing because Rian Johnson took some risks and went in some new directions. JJ just wants to remix what's already been done.

I'm not saying the movie won't be good, but damn, you don't have to revisit everything.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I would take Abrams over Trevorrow any day.

#releaseTheTrevorrowFilm

Isn't Palpy meant to be on the moon with them or something?
I think he would have spent a good bit of time fucking their shit up for being annoying, i don't think the Ewok bit will be a happy one.

Since i'm mostly on blackout, i don't know if it has been confirmed that the shot with the Death Star Laser dish is actually on Endor or not.
I never cared to draw that conclusion that going back to Endor meant going back to the Ewoks.

So i would assume it is in fact Endor?

Fuck, imaging Sheev enslaving the Ewoks on Endor. Dark Ewoks!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Since i'm mostly on blackout, i don't know if it has been confirmed that the shot with the Death Star Laser dish is actually on Endor or not.
I never cared to draw that conclusion that going back to Endor meant going back to the Ewoks.

That's me just assuming it is, i suppose he could have built another one as that is what the bad guys seem to like doing.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
That's me just assuming it is, i suppose he could have built another one as that is what the bad guys seem to like doing.

Another Death Star? Nah, that's certainly the DS2 - it's just a question of whether the Dish hit Endor or whether it hit some other planet (or moon) after it exploded.

Fuuuck, okay, hear me out: Sheev isn't back in corporeal form. The death star crashed on Endor, a bunch of curious Ewoks inspects the wreckage, Sheev possesses and Ewok!

Warwick Davis is Palpatine.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
This trashing of 'spoilerphobes' is ridiculous. People like going in really blind to movies, what's wrong with that? It's not the fact that this is important that makes it a spoiler, it's just the fact that people like to be surprised/feel the emotions in the moment of watching the film, not having little bits, important or not, revealed to them beforehand. It dulls the movie watching experience.
This is episode XI of a series of movies(+2 non episodic), I get not wanting to be spoiled about specifics but not a soul is going into this movie "blind". Even little babies going with their parents have atleast been in the room while their parents are doing pre-release re-watches.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Thanks every one losing their shit on the first couple of pages. Had a hearty chuckle.

Meanwhile I'm like cool I didn't even know Warwick was in ROTJ.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): continuing thread derail, ignoring staff post
Big thank you to the mods for their response. We cannot let the spoilerphobes disrupt our way of life.

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason the title was changed was because the OP sent in a request to change it, they were under no obligation to do so.
Yep, yep. The OP requesting said change makes it all the better. Shows they recognize that title wasn't the best and maybe next time they'll ponder the title a tad more.

That totally makes sense but those people are old now and still complaining about Ewoks!
Camp Ewoks are Great.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
There's being a spoiler phobe and then there is just the op being an ass. It doesn't take that hard to be a little considerate.

I've learned a long tim that being right all the time will make you lose friends fast. Lol

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
remember when the trailer for Soylent Green revealed the big twist at the end, which is the final payoff to the central mystery of the entire movie?

thank God that wasn't a spoiler, since it was part of official marketing and such
I think there's room to complain about the marketing choice they made but people being shitty to the OP for linking to marketing material is a little toxic. Nothing is worse than Castaway's trailer though. It's the entire movie.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ewoks rule, original title wasn't a spoiler, life isn't like a box of chocolates, misery thy name is a Star Wars Era thread

Oct 26, 2017
It's not an admission of defeat to put a stop to an unnecessary thread derailment.
Defeat? What da fuck? This isn't an epic battle or something. At the end of the day, I don't think OP meant anything by the original title, and I don't think those upset about it were in the wrong either---except those who called OP an asshole. Will OP maybe think twice next time? Yes. Will the first 9 pages of posters use Report instead and not bury the story being pissy? Yes.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we just make one spoiler topic and keep everything there? Yes this is a thread whine because now I'm expecting to see the return of some character and it won't come as a shock like Yoda in them last movie.

Fuck this topic title.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
There's being a spoiler phobe and then there is just the op being an ass. It doesn't take that hard to be a little considerate.

I've learned a long tim that being right all the time will make you lose friends fast. Lol

The OP wasn't being an ass because they didn't spoil anything.

It would be like spoiling the Koopalings showing up in a Mario game.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Defeat? What da fuck? This isn't an epic battle or something. At the end of the day, I don't think OP meant anything by the original title, and I don't think those upset about it were in the wrong either---except those who called OP an asshole. Will OP maybe think twice next time? Yes. Will the first 9 pages of posters use Report instead and not bury the story being pissy? Yes.

Think twice about what?

You talk like something bad was done here.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ha. Nice touch. Bet he's been waiting for that call!

And no matter how many times you say it, official promotional materials showing formerly unannounced cast members is the same thing as announcing new cast members.
... unless they're in an ewok costume. I mean were you really gonna recognize the dude