• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It's not OPs fault the marketing for this movie is spoiling shit that 1000% does not need to be spoiled at all.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
People probably think the new title is a spoiler too since it gives away the fact that Star Wars stuff happens in a Star Wars movie.

Complaints about spoilers

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Official Staff Communication
We understand concerns about spoilers however this is part of official marketing and as such, this is not being treated as a spoiler. Any further concerns brought up in this thread will be considered threadwhining and prior posts will be moderated as such. If you or another poster have concerns about a thread then please report that instead of just derailing a thread.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Wish my life was at a point where I could whine about learning an Ewok is coming back.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, thought Jar Jar was back for a second to destroy the internet.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know the thing about an Ewok, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
20190108_113126_720x.jpg

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): continuing thread derail, ignoring staff post
We understand concerns about spoilers however this is part of official marketing and as such, this is not being treated as a spoiler. Any further concerns brought up in this thread will be considered threadwhining and prior posts will be moderated as such. If you or another poster have concerns about a thread then please report that instead of just derailing a thread.

remember when the trailer for Soylent Green revealed the big twist at the end, which is the final payoff to the central mystery of the entire movie?

thank God that wasn't a spoiler, since it was part of official marketing and such

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was surprised!

Then I realised part of the movie is on Endor and it is pretty logical there are Ewoks

Now I am surprised I was surprised initially.

Nice for Warwick though!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know that I needed Ewoks back but I'm not gonna complain either!
They're kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel on "characters from the old movies we can bring back for fanservice" though.

I'm glad mods are starting to clamp down on this. Too many threads have been derailed by this nonsense.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Legit question if it's part of the official marketing and not considered a spoiler why has the thread title changed?

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how often people repeat this. This. is. not. a. casting. announcement.
Official material hinting at an actor reprising a role is not a casting announcement.

And no matter how many times you say it, official promotional materials showing formerly unannounced cast members is the same thing as announcing new cast members.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Legit question if it's part of the official marketing and not considered a spoiler why has the thread title changed?

Because the information is hidden in a one second clip in the middle of a 6 minute featurette, as opposed to being part of a press release or listed as a major headline, at least at the time the thread was made. The info is there if you watch the clip, but if you chose not to watch it (or didn't know about it) you wouldn't know it, and it would have been a nice if minor surprise.

By including the info in the thread title, the choice was removed for those who would have preferred the surprise. It's easy to not click on videos, but much harder to ignore thread titles as you're scrolling past.

Oct 25, 2017
Because the information is hidden in a one second clip in the middle of a 6 minute featurette, as opposed to being part of a press release or listed as a major headline, at least at the time the thread was made. The info is there if you watch the clip, but if you chose not to watch it (or didn't know about it) you wouldn't know it, and it would have been a nice if minor surprise.

By including the info in the thread title, the choice was removed for those who would have preferred the surprise. It's easy to not click on videos, but much harder to ignore thread titles as you're scrolling past.

Actually I think it was changed because OP got tired of the notifications of people whining.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It's time for Jek Porkins to fly again. He's the Resistance's only hope.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know that this beloved, iconic character had a name. That's probably why I don't understand the significance.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
remember when the trailer for Soylent Green revealed the big twist at the end, which is the final payoff to the central mystery of the entire movie?

thank God that wasn't a spoiler, since it was part of official marketing and such
No, literally no one knows what you're talking about.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

Thank fucking god

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
1) Man, some folks are really precious about "spoilers" 'round here.

2) Warwick Davis is a treasure.

3) Yub Nub remains a trash song.

4) Say what you will about Ewoks, but those guys beat the snot out of imperial assault troops with sticks and stones, and that's pretty badass.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of this fan service bullshit. Fuck JJ Abrams.

It's really not a good look. Like, the main criticism about TFA was retreading the same plot points, using similar iconography.
And now he kinda doubles down by bringing back old characters, some of which i'm having a hard time imagining how they'd organically fit into the story. That includes Lando.
Like, why would anyone need Lando for anything 30 years from RotJ.??!