• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, all the anger to the OP is really quite pathetic. The first page in particular is ridiculous.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Even though I'm not bothered by it, even official media can be spoilers for people wanting to go in as blind as possible.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I miss the days of going into a movie blind. So many movies are ruined nowadays from all the leaked info that's practically impossible to avoid

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining
Regardless of the argument on what constitutes a "spoiler", there's really no excuse for it in the thread title. It's not that hard to understand that some people are on varying degrees of media blackouts.

The reasonable expectation isn't to remove oneself from the Internet for an undetermined amount of time. It's to put big reveals/potential spoilers not in the thread title. Use a bit of common courtesy for those who frequent the forum but don't want to necessarily know that Ewoks are back.

On (spoiler) topic: Ewoks. Cool.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think OP should really learn to ignore the trolls.

Back to topic, why is the ewok returning? What about Han Solo, its sad we didn't see Han and Luke together in the new trilogy movies so far.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Dance off with Jar Jar and Ewoks please.
together with the force ghost of anakin and padme smooching and spouting dialogue such as this:
"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you... I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me."

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
What about Han Solo, its sad we didn't see Han and Luke together in the new trilogy movies so far.

lWgLNj8qZeWUCh_Wz2gRCM3YdGKlI6q7eHkWJwxBuTw.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Will probably be just a short scene showing them. From the released stuff so far, it doesn't look like the Ewoks will be a plot part this time.

And Warwick Davis deserves this, he's been there for the OT and the PT.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I can't believe IG-88 was behind everything all along. Crazy, man. Bravo, JJ.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
"C'mon guys we're running out of nostalgia shit to shove into our films and this is the last one of the trilogy, would anyone think of something? We've had it all!"

"How about Ewoks?"

".....whatever, I guess"

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish I didn't know this. I'm not gonna get upset or anything, but OP made kind of a dick move putting this in the title. I'm with the spoiler-avoiding people in the first page. You have my
sword

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I hope the forum takes the leap to be respectful of all spoilers and just have pages and pages of clickbait thread titles.
-You won't BELIEVE who is in this new Star Wars TV Spot.
-This new trailer for Marvel's exciting new Blockbuster will totally blow your minds.
-I did a really stupid thing and now I'm worried. See how I scrwed up with this accurate and thrilling drawing I call Green is Noises.

Oct 30, 2017
Dick move to put it in the title for people (like me) trying to go in blind.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP shouldn't have signal boosted this, but the marketing dept really shouldn't have spoiled this.

Deleted member 33412

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Tokyo
To all you mf's downplaying this:
Wicket is clearly going to be instrumental to the plot. He led the ground assault that brought the mighty Empire to its knees in ROTJ. He is the Hannibal of the Star Wars universe.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, JJ just needs to put in a half reconstructed starkiller base and we're set.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I...I am utterly baffled by the amount of people enraged by this. Do...do people think that this character will be the largest role in the movie?

Like, spoilers are plot points or things that change the movie on its head. What exactly, does this one cameo ruin? You don't even know if it will just be the race or this just one character. There's still so much you don't know that this character will not solve for you.
Spoilerphobes are so fucking pathetic.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I, for one, am completely shocked that a classic Star Wars race is returning in the final film of the main series. Truly an experience-ruining spoiler.

It's from an officially released-prior-to-the-film's-release video for fuck's sake. Palpatine being back is a bigger spoiler than this, but nobody complained about that months ago.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you anywhere near this place when every bit of the new movie is going to be posted? Spoilerculture is weird.
We shouldn't have to remove ourselves from the internet because people are dicks. Many people have word blockers on Youtube, Twitter and sites like that. Era isn't a Star Wars dedicated forum even though it sure as hell looks like one nowadays. It's NOT HARD to give a warning in the title, jfc

And the downplaying with "spoilerculture" and "spoilerfreaks" is really lame. (edit: oh the word "pathetic" is being thrown out too now)
What's really weird to me is the absolute need for so many to consume as much info, videos, and everything they can about a movie they've already decided they were gonna see. Decided even before if was even announced. But let's try to know as much as possible before seeing it, that's the way to enjoy a movie~~
Next step will be to post leaks in threads title because "it's on the internet so it's out there, fault's on you for going online."

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Star Wars is comfort food, being surprised is the last thing you should expect.
Could do without the ghastly teddybear thing to be honest.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilerphobes are so fucking pathetic.

I wouldn't go as far as to say pathetic, but as someone who grew up in a media landscape before spolier culture was a thing, it's really weird to me.

I've grown accustomed to respecting that a lot of people feel this way, and I adjust the way I discuss media online accordingly. But unless we are talking about literally giving away the murderer in a murder mystery I don't understand it. Spoiling the end of the Usual suspects or the Sixth sense I'd agree is a shitty thing to do, but revealing the presence of a teddy bear in a Star War is a nonissue for me.

finngamer

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Thread title is definitely a spoiler.

Some obscure video is not the same as an official trailer (like with Palpatine), no matter which American TV channel aired it. Very few people in the world caught it live.

If it's no big deal, don't make a thread about it. If it is a big deal, don't spoil it in the title. And most of all, don't double down OP, it's not a good look.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that even JJ Abrams buys into these shenanigans of selling TROS as the end of the entire Star Wars saga.

Anyway, personally, knowing that Wicket is back, even just in cameo form, kinda puts a smile on my fave tbh.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I wouldn't go as far as to say pathetic, but as someone who grew up in a media landscape before spolier culture was a thing, it's really weird to me.

I've grown accustomed to respecting that a lot of people feel this way, and I adjust the way I discuss media online accordingly. But unless we are talking about literally giving away the murderer in a murder mystery I don't understand it. Spoiling the end of the Usual suspects or the Sixth sense I'd agree is a shitty thing to do, but revealing the presence of a teddy bear in a Star War is a nonissue for me.

agreed, it doesn't spoil anything, the teddybear is flim-flam as far as i'm concerned, it's a good thing to be warned about in advance.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dick move to put it in the title for people (like me) trying to go in blind.

That's your prerogative. No one as to refrain themselves from a topic for the off chance that you may stumble on it though. If you want to go in blind you should take precaution by not coming in a forum full of people talking about Star Wars everyday.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's your prerogative. No one as to refrain themselves from a topic for the off chance that you may stumble on it though. If you want to go in blind you should take precaution by not coming in a forum full of people talking about Star Wars everyday.
Or people could try to not be assholes.
What to do.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Or people could try to not be assholes.
What to do.

Nothing to do with being an asshole. We can't even come up with an universal definition of what a spoiler is. Is it really a spoiler when it's willingly shown by the makers ? Yet in this case some people view it as a spoiler. Should we not talk about the trailer as well? Where does it stops?

At some point if you make your own rules as to what a spoiler is and what a spoiler isn't, then it's on you to try and not be spoiled. There's rule on what is considered a spoiler here, people should work based on that.

It's no ones responsability to abide by your personal rules.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
wow I can't believe an ewok is in this movie

crazy

Next you're gonna tell me the Force is in this movie

And a bad guy wielding a lightsaber

WAIT

you're telling me

THE GOOD GUY
HAS