• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 3, 2019
If ewoks were in one of the trailers no one would be crying "wtf, can't believe Disney spoiled ewoks coming back". It's not absent from trailers cause they want it to be a surprise, its absent cause ewoks are lame and you're lame if you feel spoiled by this thread.

Deleted member 12247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining
Agreed on all the spoiler talk on this. Definitely shouldn't be in the thread title. Most people aren't going to dip into the YouTube account for stuff like this

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ive been avoiding trailers and shit. I found out about ewoks because of this thread.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's neat.

I dunno why everyone is freaking out. It's a remake of ROTJ so of coarse there are Ewoks. :-)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Sorry, you are wrong, not as wrong as a spoiler in the title, but wrong still.

This really isn't something that is up for debate.

If it is in an officially released promotional video, it is factually not a spoiler.

It is up to you to then avoid these details. And if you want to avoid small things like this, you need to stay off the internet until the film releases.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Saw the video.... wheres the spot with Ewoks in current day? The shots used in the video were all from the RotJ filming...

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This really isn't something that is up for debate.

If it is in an officially released promotional video, it is factually not a spoiler.

It is up to you to then avoid these details. And if you want to avoid small things like this, you need to stay off the internet until the film releases.
Wrong.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I...I am utterly baffled by the amount of people enraged by this. Do...do people think that this character will be the largest role in the movie?

Like, spoilers are plot points or things that change the movie on its head. What exactly, does this one cameo ruin? You don't even know if it will just be the race or this just one character. There's still so much you don't know that this character will not solve for you.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Spoilers, Wicket the Ewok is a Skywalker. :O

Eh, whatever, doubt it is that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
There are fucking Ewoks in this?
And here I thought the film atleast couldn't be worse than the previous one...

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining
Surprise cameos are fun. Not everyone consumes every piece of official media before a movie is released and many actively avoid it. Spoiling a surprise in a thread title and then getting all huffy about technicalities is kind of a crappy move.

It's not hard to be considerate.

Oct 25, 2017
So if something somewhere let it slip Arnold was the good guy during the pre-T2 weeks before it released, where does The Law fall on that?

People unironically saying "Official Marketing Video" as well. It's behind the scenes content.

It's mean-spirited to post much of what's in here and people know it.

I don't even like Star Wars.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Lmfao spoilerphobia has reached critical mass. I don't even care if it's official promo, it's a fucking Ewok. Jfc

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine. Cool. Baby Yoda. All the rage.

Ewoks? Spoiler crying. This thread is wild.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine. Cool. Baby Yoda. All the rage.

Ewoks? Spoiler crying. This thread is wild.

People made threads about baby yoda and kept spoilers out of the title of the thread until Disney officially started talking about the character. This wasn't some announcement or article, it was a scene from a behind the scenes video that the OP felt he needed to tell everyone about. There is nuance to lots of things in life.

I'm just assuming people complaining about spoilers are being ironic, there's no other way to read it.

Or some people consume media differently than you do and prefer to go into movies and shows blind. Shocking I know.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should all thank OP, this is the kind of dumb shit you want to mentally prepare for

As if you won't be cheering when the bad guys are attacking the good guys on Endor somehow (I guess they do go to Endor after all) and then when all hope seems lost, the little furry shits show up to save the day. Yet again.

Thirty years later and Stormtroopers still can't beat a good old fashioned teddy bear.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprise cameos are fun. Not everyone consumes every piece of official media before a movie is released and many actively avoid it. Spoiling a surprise in a thread title and then getting all huffy about technicalities is kind of a crappy move.

All of this. But sadly, simply being considerate is considered by many as "walking on eggs because of fucking spoilerphobes". It's not hard to stay vague in a thread title to let people decide if they want to know or not. No one says all discussion about the movie has to be killed, hell there's a dozen new SW threads every single day.
Context matters.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
People made threads about baby yoda and kept spoilers out of the title of the thread until Disney officially started talking about the character. This wasn't some announcement or article, it was a scene from a behind the scenes video that the OP felt he needed to tell everyone about. There is nuance to lots of things in life.

Or some people consume media differently than you do and prefer to go into movies and shows blind. Shocking I know.

Both of the things you're discussing are often absent from Star Wars threads and why they are nigh unreadable

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if something somewhere let it slip Arnold was the good guy during the pre-T2 weeks before it released, where does The Law fall on that?

People unironically saying "Official Marketing Video" as well. It's behind the scenes content.

Wut.

Arnold being the good guy was already widely known upon release. It was all over the trailers. It was the entire HOOK of the trailer.

This and the Cast Away example, I just don't know what you guys are thinking.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA

Apparently it *really* is though. Or someone else gets to decide what the appropriate level of consideration is in such matters.

I ultimately don't care about knowing Wicket will be in the movie, but apparently it was both big enough, and unique enough news that OP thought it warranted yet another Star Wars thread. So clearly it's not nothing.

Do you need a PhD in empathy to guess that some people might want the surprise cameo to actually remain a surprise?

It's a spoiler to some.
The spoiler is in the thread title.
Don't do it.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

lol

It's hard to pick a worse example than that for your point.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that Wicket is going to be Rey's new Jedi Master, thanks OP for spoiling this momentous spoiler I am not even going to go watch this film now that I know all of the super important plot points...

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the video.... wheres the spot with Ewoks in current day? The shots used in the video were all from the RotJ filming...
The footage of Warwick in an Ewok Suit is modern day. Warrick was 12 when he filmed ROTJ and looked much younger.
5cd5ed302100005800c369a1.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aired during the macys day parade on ABC to an audience of 20 million, relax.
Would you be surprised to know that not everyone lives in the USA?

You could have just posted this in one of many Rise of Skywalker threads but no you thought it would be fun to make a new thread about it and spoil the detail for the rest of the world.

Some of us avoid Star Wars forums, threads, block keywords on twitter, unfollow official and unofficial Star Wars accounts, etc.. Why should we have to just switch the internet off for a month just because people like you can't contain yourselves.