• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining over multiple posts
Weird for Lucasfilm themselves to ruin this cameo pre-release.

Also gotta love how people are acting like this isn't a big deal, why are we upset, etc,... and yet IT APPARENTLY WARRANTED A WHOLE NEW THREAD lol

The two, of course, intersect. People should learn how to broadcast spoilery information without actually revealing the information fully in the title. It's not hard.

I absolutely agree with this post.
There's people who specifically DO NOT subscribe to Star Wars youtube or Twitter accounts to go in as blindly as possible. It's so super easy to be mindful at no detriment to the discourse within the thread.
But no "IT IS OBJECTIVELY NOT A SPOILER AND YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT IS INVALID".

Personally, i would have liked for this to be an actual surprise in the movie, but at the same time, i'm happy for Warwick Davis.

Official marketing material for a film has never been considered a spoiler before as far as I have ever seen.

Do we hide the fact Palpatine is in the film in titles? No of course not.
I think one of these is a heavily marketed plot point that Lucasfilm intends to be a big draw to get people to see the movie. And a piece of information that is basically un-avoidable even to those who don't follow StarWars or Lucasfilm on Social Media.
Hell, i actually do follow them on Instagram, and i had no idea about Wicket - simply because i don't click on any trailers or featurettes or whatever prior to seeing the movie anymore.

The other one is gonna end up a cute little easter egg / cameo that would have been a charming surprise.
Again, i'm mostly confused as to why Lucasfilm themselves don't care about these kind of surprises anymore.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
God, that head thump at the end. She ate full carpet.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
This featurette was watched by roughly 20 million households today as it was part of the macy's thanksgiving day parade celebration.

If you're on blackout then go on blackout.

Nothing of what is presented here is a spoiler.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
First thougth: Man, I really didnt wanted to know this!
Second thought: Hm, they already showed Endor, so it was more or less obivious...
Third thought: Silly me, my first thought was a overreaction!

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol of course

JJ Abrams should never be allowed to direct another movie ever again. So many galaxies and planets in this universe and the guy decides to go back to Endor of all places? lmao what a tired and unoriginal director he truly is.

Even the new planets he came up suck. Hey everyone remember how cool Jakku was? Oh wait that wasn't a thing

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are going to be devastated when this motherfucker inevitably gets cut in half by Kyle Ren and a bunch of white stuffing is flying everywhere.

That'd actually be a cool shot, with Kylo's wet hair and all.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining
Count me in as someone who'd rather not have every cool detail spotted in a tv spot or backstage clip posted in thread titles

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"it was released in press material, it's not a spoiler!"

Where are these people when trailers reveal entire plotlines/endings? Who cares what Disney decides to put out there.. this is obviously something that should have been handled with a little more discretion.

Dec 12, 2017
"it was released in press material, it's not a spoiler!"

Where are these people when trailers reveal entire plotlines/endings? Who cares what Disney decides to put out there.. this is obviously something that should have been handled with a little more discretion.
Bu-bu-but it was on during a parade on TV and 20 million people saw it so...relax! 😐

Jul 5, 2019
My viewing experience will be very much harmed by knowing that this minor character will make a minor cameo. This is practically as severe as knowing the ending to the movie. It's definitely something worth getting worked up over, especially since it comes from an official source.

/s, obviously

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Bu-bu-but it was on during a parade on TV and 20 million people saw it so...relax! 😐

Heaven help me for engaging in a SW thread but... we're getting multiple threads every single day , spoiling or detailing pretty much everything about ROS. Why are they not going in the OT? Why is this tidbit not something put in an OT? Why are OP and others being so dismissive towards others who aren't even being hostile when it would've taken no effort to be a little vague about a " returning character"? It's just odd

Dec 12, 2017
Heaven help me for engaging in a SW thread but... we're getting multiple threads every single day , spoiling or detailing pretty much everything about ROS. Why are they not going in the OT? Why is this tidbit not something put in an OT? Why are OP and others being so dismissive towards others who aren't even being hostile when it would've taken no effort to be a little vague about a " returning character"? It's just odd
IAWTP

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Literally the only speaking character who will know who he is is C3po. Maybe Rey will awkwardly explain who he is through Chewy translation.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a new Star Wars movie?!?! Thanks for the spoiler!!!1!!

The news about Warwick however is untenable.

Dec 12, 2017
My viewing experience will be very much harmed by knowing that this minor character will make a minor cameo. This is practically as severe as knowing the ending to the movie. It's definitely something worth getting worked up over, especially since it comes from an official source.

/s, obviously
"[POTENTIAL SPOILER] returning for The Rise Of Skywalker"

Then the reader has a choice to enter the thread or not.

How hard is that?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the only speaking character who will know who he is is C3po. Maybe Rey will awkwardly explain who he is through Chewy translation.
Unless he's like, president of Endor, now.

Glad to hear the guys getting work. Good for him!
I don't think anyone needs to worry about Warwick Davis.
Also, he's been in Ep 7 and 8 as well. As well as the Harry Potter franchise, where he played multiple roles. (Prof. Flitwick and the Banker guy)

If there's a fantasy franchise that needs a short actor, they hire Davis, pretty much.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Glad to hear the guys getting work. Good for him!

I don't think anyone needs to worry about Warwick Davis.
Also, he's been in Ep 7 and 8 as well. As well as the Harry Potter franchise, where he played multiple roles. (Prof. Flitwick and the Banker guy)

If there's a fantasy franchise that needs a short actor, they hire Davis, pretty much.
Im hoping for a Disney+ Willow mini series tho headed by Ron Howard.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Expected spoiler bitching aside, my knee jerk reaction is 'ugh bringing back another character and an insignificant one at that." We shall see how it goes. Not that I honestly expect to give this a second thought after a few days. Until I see the film and think "oh yeah he's in this."

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I love Star Wars threads lol.

Anyways. I wonder if Wicket will be shown as like a flashback appearance showing a new scene or a modern scene entirely.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's in an officially released video from Lucasfilm as part of promotion for the film. It isn't a spoiler.
I don't fucking care what you consider a spoiler or not. I don't watch the trailers or tv spots, I have keywords blocked on Youtube and other sites, as many others do to avoid this kind of shit.