• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Big Lewboski - love the actors but somehow the movie still managed to be awful.
Pretty much any Wes Anderson movie after Rushmore.
The Fantastic Beast movies don't have any charm to them. The main character is incredibly annoying.
Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies are just flat out awful. A shame as to how far he has fallen as a director.
Inside Out just made me depressed. Probably the worst movie out out by them by a large margin.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not really into the Godfather movies. I understand they are well made and very deep etc but I just can't stand ganster style movies because I tend to hate almost everyone in the movie and anyone I don't hate generally gets killed.

Last edited:

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Lost In Translation. An emo orgy of a film where everyone's just masturbating to pictures of themselves looking sad. Great soundtrack though.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Fight Club. It took me many years to go near a Fincher film because of how wanky Fight Club was (plus the cult around it for a few years after it came out_

Oct 28, 2017
California
Shrek - FUCK SHREK

Dunkirk - Boring ass shit movie that drags with boring shit characters

Akira - almost turned me off from anime altogether

Jurassic World - what a waste

The Incredibles - Fuck this Randian garbage

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
I hate Tim Burton films. Partially, it's because I hate the way most of them look like. For example Edward Scissorhands and Charlie and the chocolate factory.

I'm not really into the Godfather movies. I understand they are well made and very deep etc but I just can't stand ganster style movies because I tend to hate almost everyone in the movie and anyone I don't hate generally gets killed.

Also this. These movies simply bore me. I don't care about what happens there. There are no characters I care about. All of them are assholes. Am I supposed to care for Michael Corleone? I fucking hate this asshole.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i think it received prettymuch instant backlash but i thought ACADEMY AWARD WINNING FILM birdman was fucking atrocious

Last edited:

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a film that I despised! When I was wee my mum took us to see Turtles 3 and it bored me so much I went out to sit in the car. That's maybe the most negative reaction to a film I've ever had.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Funny Games (too heavy-handed)
500 Days of Summer (adorkable crap that considers listening to The Smiths to be totally quirky)
Martyrs (utterly ridiculous while trying to be edgy and super deep)

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Pacific Rim. If it didn't take itself so seriously (girl backstory, dialogues in general) it would be a great monster movie, but as it is it's utter nonsense filled with deus ex machina moments (sword that could have prevented everything from the prologue from happening). I even agree with CinemaSins stance on this one

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I hate Gran Turino.

The politics in that movie is just wrong. Like, if it weren't Clint Eastwood directing I'd say the film is obviously not portraying his character's views as right. But since it is him, I know that it is.

i think it received prettymuch instant backlash but i thought ACADEMY AWARD WINNING FILM birdman was fucking atrocious

Agreed.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Lion. I wholeheartedly wanted the roof of Saroo's apartment to collapse and crush him to death so I could be spared from yet another shot of him crying in front of a computer.

Jurassic Park
The Godfather 2
Casablanca
Shawshank Redemption
Terminator 1 and 2
Pulp Fiction

I win.

FlawlessBackClam-size_restricted.gif

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Don't think it's beloved but people seem to like the first Purge movie... the premise alone was so dumb that I couldn't take anything in this movie serious!

Deleted member 11025

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Matrix
Ghostbusters
Mad Max
Birdman
The Deer Hunter
Every John Hughes movie other than Ferris Bueller and maybe Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The Condemned - The movie that wants to be Battle Royale and The Running Man is telling us the that violence is bad.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
The Dark Knight. I can't stand to watch it (or the other two Nolan Batman movies) for longer than a few minutes.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm not sure it's "beloved," but Scarface is honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. It has no artistic or entertainment value whatsoever.

Fight Club kinda sucks too. Or maybe the shitty bro culture fandom it spawned has just soured my opinion on it.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
i really cant stand ET to. my mam loved it and i really just didnt like anything to do with it.

jungle book, pinocchio and dumbo. i love disney movies but i actually hate these 3 yet i enjoyed the live action jungle book remake.

Dark Knight i find ok, nothing more nothing less.

tokubek

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Despise may be a bit too harsh but I really don't like Peter Jackson's Avatar though this might not be that controversial. I also agree with E.T. mentions.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Never understand how Argo won best picture that year.
When I read the true story, I hate this hollywood self-glorification of a movie even more.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Inception is the second worst Nolan joint, and overrated as hell. Interstellar is kinda underrated and gets too much flack.

I understand not liking what others like who even not liking movies that receive near universal praise. However I find overrated to be one of most useless ways to critique a movie or a movies reception and intentionally or not you're implying your opinion is more correct than others.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I can't remember the name of the film or what it was about or who was in it, but I do remember utterly despising it.

Apr 21, 2018
I despise Star Wars Episode 7. I think it's a terrible movie.
-such a retread. Tries nothing new. Plays it safe to the point of being boring.
-the coincidence of running into retired Han and chewy with the millennium falcon is just too much
-death star 2.0. Destroying 5 entire fucking planets in such a quick timeframe, only to 5x the original - and it is a devastation of billions of people that completely devoids any follow up Star Wars of any real consequence. You can't top killing billions
-Rey is incredibly boring and predictable. The entire thing with her parents is boring. She is boring.
-Kyle Lo'Ren just attempts to recreate the Luke/Vader father thing, and fails. He is not very interesting. He makes it feel like the twilight saga
-Fin is a dumb character and I'm sorry, with five fucking planets being destroyed and billions dead, his comic relief shtick is borderline offensive to my sense of decency. He also confuses me to no end about storm troopers. He has no development other than being a wuss and then finally 'standing up for his friend', which is some played out crap.
-somehow the new death Vader, who is evil enough to destroy five planets and kill his dad, can't kill a brand new Jedi or fin. Okay.
-the entire movie kind of retcons and erases any progress made from the entire lineage of the series. It just feels like the universe is doomed to oppression. The rebels will always be the small-time rebels. We are stuck with the same 5-6 characters forever in this series + manufactured "Hope". It somehow feels rote after the series was dormant for nearly 10 years.
-the movie has a forgettable soundtrack
-action and visual FX lack ambition or scope
-zero interesting or likeable characters
-JJ Abraham's is so overrated. He is a "made by committee" filmmaker.

Atleast Episode 8 dared to be different and had some interesting moments with Luke and some great visual FX and action.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Black Panther, actually most Marvel movies outside of Captain Marvel and Spiderman one's. I liked Thor Ragnarock too.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Sociologically:
The Dark Knight and Fight Club for their role in creating the alt culture/gloryfing nihilism.

Just a matter of taste:
SW Ep 7-8 for dismantling the OT.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
"Despise" is a very strong word, I can't think of any truly beloved movie that I actually hate.

I will say that My Neighbour Totoro was really disappointing though. Being already a fan after Nausicaa, Mononoke, and Spirited Away - and Totoro being considered the "best" Ghibli film supposedly - I was already checking my watch halfway through. It looks lovely though.
I don't despise it, but I wouldn't watch it on purpose.