• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
2020 continues to take and take.

Getting a steak and a salad bar was one of those simple pleasures in life that I loved. I'd fill up on salad/soup/tacos and take my whole steak home to eat for breakfast the next morning.

2 meals in 1

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
NecessaryUnlawfulAmericanblackvulture-small.gif

Not anymore I guess :/

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
2020 continues to take and take.

Getting a steak and a salad bar was one of those simple pleasures in life that I loved. I'd fill up on salad/soup/tacos and take my whole steak home to eat for breakfast the next morning.

2 meals in 1
This plan was my jam. Totally the best part of the Sizzler experience.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize Sizzler was still around. They don't really seem to be a thing in the North East and haven't for years.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Back in the mid to late 90's..... cutting class to go to Sizzler to take advantage of their (what felt like) $1.99 salad bar....all you can eat. Had Chicken wings (& nuggets?), chips, potato wedges, and other good shit.. but to top it off, Ice Cream! Make your own F'n Ice Cream with all types of toppings.

We would eat so much, and then make the biggest Ice Cream for desert with all types of toppings.. and be too full after 2 bites... but try to will ourselves to finish it.

Edit- I think us youngsters got that $1.99 deal.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Back in the mid to late 90's..... cutting class to go to Sizzler to take advantage of their (what felt like) $1.99 salad bar....all you can eat. Had Chicken wings (& nuggets?), chips, potato wedges, and other good shit.. but to top it off, Ice Cream! Make your own F'n Ice Cream with all types of toppings.

We would eat so much, and then make the biggest Ice Cream for desert with all types of toppings.. and be too full after 2 bites... but try to will ourselves to finish it.
Fuuuuccckkkk, we used to do the same thing down here.

I miss those days. :(

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a local one in a long time but RIP cheese toast and salad bar tacos.

Here's David Choe and Anthony Bourdain taking a trip to Sizzler from the Koreatown LA episode

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i just had a vision of Ponderosa Steakhouse for some reason

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
there was a sizzler here when I was little

only ate there once, can't remember it at all

but it was comforting knowing THE SIZZ was still out there, somewhere

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably won't be the last. The Pandemic is only getting worse, not better. How many companies can survive another year of low economic activity?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
There was a Sizzlers in Guatemala when I was doing my LDS mission.

When my mom came over to visit me (not allowed), she would take my companion out of our area (not allowed) and eat at Sizzlers.

It's one of the reasons whyI don't regret doing those two years... I have good memories of times where I was breaking the rules.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
There was a Sizzlers in Guatemala when I was doing my LDS mission.

When my mom came over to visit me (not allowed), she would take my companion out of our area (not allowed) and eat at Sizzlers.

It's one of the reasons whyI don't regret doing those two years... I have good memories of times where I was breaking the rules.
Your mom sounds like a cool lady. :)

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sizzler went out of business in my area when I was a kid. We were broke, the annual trip to Sizzler after a big payday was missed.

I think the Golden Corrals are going out of business too.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Millennials release a sigh of relief knowing that they aren't the ones killing "a beloved franchise restaurant" this time.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I miss being working as a chef at times, but jesus I'm glad I'm not in the restaurant sector during these COVID times.

This is a devastating period.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Noooooooooooooooooooo RIP. So many salad by memories. Although I wonder how this chain was staying open? Who is paying way over any sort of sane price for any food takeout from Sizzler?

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Anyone know if Outback is still doing ok? I've still got a $200 gift card from back before covid.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I used to frequent Sizzler's salad bar back in like, 2005ish. Those fried chicken wings were great!

RIP old friend.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
They couldn't cook a steak anything better than well done but for the childhood memories, you shall be missed.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All buffets are a goner now. Hard to see any path forward for them unless they convert to having the employees serve you rather than letting people serve themselves.