• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Cause it's not a movie and the cop isn't John Wick. If someone is pointing a gun at you ready to fire and you go to draw a gun, especially one they know you have, you're basically guaranteed to get shot.

THANK YOU, this answer took way too long.

Some people in this thread legit think you can draw your gun on someone who already has it out and ready to go are living in a fantasy world.
This is real life and not a movie, there are examples of people trying this and failing.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look at that delta squad asshole, like what the fuck.......are you kidding me.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this officer was White, there could be footage of the perp lowering his weapon and apologizing... the cop could shoot him dead thereafter (murder) and he would not be convicted.

Black cop gotta deal with the humiliation and stress of being detained and playing it 100 by the books the whole time. No beatdown at the police station for the perp (this time around), just an honest misunderstanding. I bet Jamal will be teased by his brothers in blue for going to therapy after this.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet this dipshit security guard has a Blue Lives Matter sticker on his car too.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Poor guy.

Don't get me wrong but aren't cops expected to psychologically handle strenuous situations like being held at gunpoint? I'm not trying to criticize how he acted, but I'm surprised that he's on psychological leave. Then again getting a gun pulled on you by a fucking coworker while you're in uniform is something else so maybe I'm just being pedantic.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
I am glad that most Canadian security guards aren't allowed to carry guns. Guys working brinks trucks hauling money are one of the few exceptions.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Wait why the fuck didnt the officer pull out his gun too for being threatened by a civilian?
Because he acted like a cop should and try to Dr escalate the situation instead of pulling gun right away, that ends with himself getting shot or the shooting the other guy. If only other cops were as good and strong as this one... fuck that security guy

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Since I'd never heard of the charge of Menacing, I went to Wiki:

Ohio[edit]
In Ohio, the laws on Menacing read as follows:

2903.22 Menacing.[2](A) No person shall knowingly cause another to believe that the offender will cause physical harm to the person or property of the other person, the other person's unborn, or a member of the other person's immediate family.(...)

2903.21 Aggravated menacing.[3](A) No person shall knowingly cause another to believe that the offender will cause serious physical harm to the person or property of the other person, the other person's unborn, or a member of the other person's immediate family.

Dude didn't even get charged with the more heinous of the two. He could have held a stapler pointed at the officer's face, and got charged with Menacing. He had a damn gun. Seriously WTF.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
The US REALLY needs some country shattering reformation. This place is just too rotted out at the foundation.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying the "Menacing" charge. Dude pulled his gun on a uniformed police officer. Let my ass try that shit. If I live (lol), I'll be going away for years, and I have a clean record.

I know America has been a truly crazy place once you pull back a couple layers, but man. It really feels like the timeline is going batshit.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if the cop understands why he was treated the way he was.
Of course he does. Have you SEEN the stare that black men can give? It can shake you to your very core. I admire the rock-like resolve that the security guard had. Any other regular schmuck would have emptied their gun as well as their bladder from that type of melaninical intensity.

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen today...oh it's Toledo. Yep, that checks out. Nothing good comes from Toledo.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the second time I've seen the Toledo area in national news today and both are about racist assholes.... sigh