• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who had the better elevator ride?

• John McClane’s

Votes: 62 35.6%
  • Steve Roger’s

Votes: 112 64.4%

• Total voters

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
The elevator scene has that added wonderful twist too when Endgame's Steve relived it, like going into a video game knowing all of the skills/charisma checks required he gets in and out of there like it's nothing

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we pinpoint the exact moment in his career when Bruce Willis stopped giving a shit about giving good performances at all ?

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Winter Soldier.

Better scene.
Better movie.

Though Die Hard with a Vengeance is still a fucking badass movie.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The best part of the Die Hard scene is that you're getting the clues as McClain gets them. It's just good directing. Cap has the better action sequence, obviously.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of the Die Hard scene is that you're getting the clues as McClain gets them. It's just good directing. Cap has the better action sequence, obviously.
Yup. Based McTierman. Die hard 3 is obviously the better movie, but the elevator scene in Captain America is great in terms of action.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Both

Cap is a far better action scene with the bad ass line before the fighting happens and the amazing Endgame call back

McClaine was the far better narrative moment that really build up the character and helped to push the narrative forward.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
"Raining dogs and cats"
"Lift"
The badge.

Just perfect.
640978942f5c7c4814748ade15937bee.gif

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised there are no great video-game elevator scenes... Players think it is a hidden loading scene then boom you are surrounded by enemies.
And I don't mean like trolleys or big elevators the size of a house either.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I'm surprised there are no great video-game elevator scenes... Players think it is a hidden loading scene then boom you are surrounded by enemies.

Does this count?

And The Nice Guys is up there with the best elevator scene:

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
It's hard to say for me: I think Die Hard did a great job as you watch McClaine slowly figure things out while Captain America had the better action (imo) and then repeated it in Endgame with Captain America knowing exactly what was going on... If you take both Captain America scenes I would probably give a slight edge to it, but maybe a slight edge to Die Hard in a 1 vs 1 competition for having McClaine figure things out?

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
What's the badge clue, I didn't get that one.
It's from earlier in the film. It's his friend's badge (who they killed). They establish that all cops play their badge number as their lottery numbers, so he recognized his friends badge number.

Also, the "cop" that's speaking is the only one who speaks English, but there are weirdo non-native tells he screws up like "dogs and cats" and "lift" that tip John off.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the Silent Hills has an elevator ride that turns into surprise haunted game show type thing if I remember right.

I need to replay Silent Hill 2 if I couldn't remember if it came from it =[: