• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed that it plans to release on 4K Blu-ray Tim Burton's film Beetlejuice (1988), starring Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton, Jeffrey Jones, and Catherine O'Hara. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this summer.

In addition to the exclusive gift box that is listed in this announcement, the studio is expected to release a standard 4K Blu-ray edition of the film.

270987_front.jpg

11860_tn.jpg

giphy.gif

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Free demon possession with every exorcism

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the only better Keaton performance is in The Founder

or maybe Multiplicity

im gonna eat a dolphin

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I brought this on blu-ray years ago(maybe when blu-ray became a thing) It was shockingly awful quality.

I'd imagine this will be a much better transfer. Really hope so as it's my favorite Burton movie.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

One of my favourite films so definitely want to see if they remaster this well

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
Not ironically it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Love pretty much everything about it, and Keatons performance is amazing

def gonna pick this up

Canoli316

Jan 19, 2018
And it comes with collectible chalk! I'm totally drawing a door. I still have the 2008 Blu-ray which looked great but didn't have a lot of special features. I hope they include some new features but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
Review
OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.blu-ray.com

Beetlejuice 4K Blu-ray (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray)

Beetlejuice 4K Blu-ray Release Date September 1, 2020. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Restoring the film to its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio is just a cherry on top, though: even more noteworthy is the outstanding level of depth, clarity, and texture present on this new 2160p transfer, which beautifully captures the stunning outdoor scenes and colorful set design and breathes new life into the film's unique visuals. Fine detail is perfectly resolved and the picture as a whole achieves a very rich and film-like appearance overall, from extreme close-ups to wide panoramics and just about everything in- between. Likewise, dirt and debris are completely absent and the transfer runs at a very high bit rate, showing absolutely no signs of compression artifacts, banding, jagged edges...or excessive noise reduction, as evidenced by the fine but very present level of film grain throughout. All things considered, it's one of the better catalog remastering jobs I've seen in recent memory this side of Warner Archive

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Watched this last night and it's a stellar disc. The HDR palette is striking (especially during the last 15 or so minutes), and the atmos mix can get aggressive when it wants to though it sticks to the front channels most of the time.

It's been years since I watched this. Forgot how fast the pacing is and a lot of smaller jokes.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched this last night and it's a stellar disc. The HDR palette is striking (especially during the last 15 or so minutes), and the atmos mix can get aggressive when it wants to though it sticks to the front channels most of the time.

It's been years since I watched this. Forgot how fast the pacing is and a lot of smaller jokes.
Yep. This is a 10/10 disc.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina

Those blues.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Watched this last night as well and yeah, it's a superb transfer. Like Flash Gordon the primary colours are absolutely gorgeous and really elevate the film. It's amazing seeing these old films I used to love on VHS as a kid get these spectacular overhauls.