• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
And i will NOT be adding a poll as it would only exist to exacerbate the lies that have been propagated by the pork bacon agenda.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
We Carrot Bacon people now.

IMG_2480WEB-e1588702829295.jpg

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Beef bacon isn't bacon and therefore can't be bacon.
(Pork Bacon is best bacon).

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Never had beef bacon nor have I seen it any store. At least not where I live.

All bacon imitations I've had have been subpar as well, turkey, vegan etc.

Also all pork bacon ain't equal since some use fake smoke aka liquid smoke. Real smoke is needed imo.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pork bacon is only topped by Pork Belly, which is the Source of bacon and from where it draws its power.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Had beef/veal bacon often in the UAE, was pretty good, sometimes couldn't tell difference from pork bacon.

Turkey bacon is an abomination, though.

On the topic of underrated beef products, beef sausages can be really nice. If there's a multibuy offer at Tesco's for sausages I usually try and get one pork and one beef.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
Beef bacon is so good. The beefiest thing you'll ever eat. I've only had it at this one kbbq restaurant like 6 years ago and I've never seen it on a menu after that.

PlateOfShrimp

Apr 16, 2020
W
FREE YOUR MIND! Break through the fog of lies that the swine elitists have sold you!

Most of the people here probably never had beef bacon to begin with.
What are your thoughts on turkey bacon? I've had that, and it seems to be one of the main alternatives to regular bacon, but it's a pathetic attempt. I'm just worried about bacon imposters that cant live up to the real thing.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
W
What are your thoughts on turkey bacon? I've had that, and it seems to be one of the main alternatives to regular bacon, but it's a pathetic attempt. I'm just worried about bacon imposters that cant live up to the real thing.

Turkey Bacon can be good however of the 3, it is firmly in 3rd place. It lacks a proper fat content

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
And i will NOT be adding a poll as it would only exist to exacerbate the lies that have been propagated by the pork bacon agenda.
Turkey Bacon is best tbh but Turkey and Beef products normally made with pork are superior. I find Pork to be the worst major meat most consume (Beef ,pork,Chicken and turkey)

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This is bacon. It comes from a pig. It isn't streaky shite. It is bacon. There are many like it, but none contend with the one true Bacon.

Pork_Back_Bacon_IMG_0367.jpg

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Grew up eating beef bacon, and it's probably my least favorite kind of bacon.
Me too. It was all I knew, but when mom switched to turkey bacon, as a family I think we all agreed it was way better. The odd disgusting pieces of gristle weren't missed. The spicy Hillshire farms beef sausage otoh was glorious.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I can take glamour close-up shots of charred carmelized vegetable slices too.

THAT don't make it BACON.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
While I would be interested in trying "beef bacon" (wth is that) as I prefer cow to pig (not actually a big fan of pig) I'd have to say I am thinking we need less reasons to eat cow, not more. I'm pretty sure pig is much more environmental to raise than cows (and yes, I realize vegetarian beats both).

Though I'm just waiting until lab grown meat is feasable and tastes like animal grown meat. Because I do feel guilty eating meat (mostly cause I don't like how the animals are raised in general and environmental reasons) but I admit I love meat and can't get myself to give it up.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
While I would be interested in trying "beef bacon" (wth is that) as I prefer cow to pig (not actually a big fan of pig) I'd have to say I am thinking we need less reasons to eat cow, not more. I'm pretty sure pig is much more environmental to raise than cows (and yes, I realize vegetarian beats both).

Though I'm just waiting until lab grown meat is feasable and tastes like animal grown meat. Because I do feel guilty eating meat (mostly cause I don't like how the animals are raised in general and environmental reasons) but I admit I love meat and can't get myself to give it up.
Try mushroom bacon!

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
A+ thread. Beef bacon is by far the most delicious bacon. Pork people are being bamboozled by Big Pork Lobby.

Oct 25, 2017
Beef bacon is really good; I was raised in a Seventh Day Adventist family so pork bacon was a non-option (they did some weird thing where beef and chicken was ok but pork, shellfish, and anything with webbed feet was out, which I don't think is traditional) and when you pit beef bacon against turkey bacon the comparison is almost unfair.

I still don't much care for pork products, but finding beef bacon can be kind of a struggle since everything is pork and turkey. I'd guess most people have never actually had well-prepared beef bacon to judge.