• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recently in the market for new bed sheets. Came across these two brands that look pretty awesome for allowing you to make the bed easier via some clever use of bands that will auto tuck the sheets. Anyone familiar with other brands or similar?

theonebed.com

One Bed - Luxury bed sheets made for lazy people

Luxury bed sheets for busy (aka lazy) people. One Bed sheets are the easiest sheets to tuck or leave untucked. You spend 1/3 of your life in bed. Don't compromise! Get the only sheets that combine luxury and ease of use at a fair price.

Jan 4, 2021
Ever have one of those super productive days, washing your sheets and clothes and tidying up the garage and tackling an oil change or some other project and the it's 10pm and you go to your bedroom and realize THE BED IS UNMADE YOU STRIPPED IT THAT MORNING TO WASH THE SHEETS.

Did I mention...you have a DUVET??

Nightmare.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Ever have one of those super productive days, washing your sheets and clothes and tidying up the garage and tackling an oil change or some other project and the it's 10pm and you go to your bedroom and realize THE BED IS UNMADE YOU STRIPPED IT THAT MORNING TO WASH THE SHEETS.

Nightmare.
Not until you realize that they're still damp in the dryer because the 1 cycle wasn't enough

this is me but at like 3am

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I love wasting money on shit that nominally improves my life so this is definitely something I'd consider trying.

My bigger frustrating is the fitted sheet. And folding that fucker for storage. I start to fold it and then honestly just end up balling it up and throwing it into storage like a damned savage

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I love wasting money on shit that nominally improves my life so this is definitely something I'd consider trying.

My bigger frustrating is the fitted sheet. And folding that fucker for storage. I start to fold it and then honestly just end up balling it up and throwing it into storage like a damned savage
I never, ever figured out to fold fitted sheets. My mom could do it somehow, she's a magician of some sort

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Never understood why people make the bed. It's an unnecessary task. Even if you do it for aesthetics how often does someone judge you for not making it?

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Never understood why people make the bed. It's an unnecessary task. Even if you do it for aesthetics how often does someone judge you for not making it?
It can keep dust out of the bed, I guess. Also, for me it's just a ritual in the morning that helps remind me I'm an adult, and that I need to straighten my shit out. Especially now that I'm single after over a decade of marriage.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It can keep dust out of the bed, I guess. Also, for me it's just a ritual in the morning that helps remind me I'm an adult, and that I need to straighten my shit out. Especially now that I'm single after over a decade of marriage.

I've also read making your bed traps germs and such so you shouldn't do it.

Not until you realize that they're still damp in the dryer because the 1 cycle wasn't enough

Seriously, why can't my dryer fully dry a load when set to Very Dry on the automatic sensor setting?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Belgian flax linen and never look back. I like Cultiver and Brooklinen.

They're sort of sheets in hard mode because keeping them looking smooth is a bit of work, but they're amazingly soft, durable, and only get better with age.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see a video!

My bed is perpetually made, though. All sides are tucked in beneath the mattress except for the top corner I use to get underneath the covers. Waking up usually involves me sliding out of the same opening and flipping the corner back. At worst, I might have to tuck half of the side back in.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I move around a lot in bed, so flat sheets are a nightmare for me.

Back in my old apartment, I had a sheet that had a zipper so it was impossible to become undone. I just zippered up my mattress and it was perfect... except that it was a huge pain to take off... and even worse... put on....

I might consider getting one of these, shame there's no pure black color. Not a fan of grey.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For me my fitted sheet always pops off-and I especially bought the kind with deep pockets.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
I need to see a video!

My bed is perpetually made, though. All sides are tucked in beneath the mattress except for the top corner I use to get underneath the covers. Waking up usually involves me sliding out of the same opening and flipping the corner back. At worst, I might have to tuck half of the side back in.

Yes. Yes. YES.

All sides (and bottom) must be tucked in under the mattress. This is so heat does not escape as well as keeps the bed "tight". One top corner where I get in will remain slightly untucked. I will often tuck it under the mattress as I get in. The results are almost waking up in an embryonic state. Totally warm. Snug but not too tight. Just perfectly fitting my body as I wake up.

I'll spend 30-40 minutes making me bed with fresh sheets. IT WILL be made right. Anyone who does not do this is a heathen. How in God's name can you have your naked feet out from under the blankets? Utter savagery

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll spend 30-40 minutes making me bed with fresh sheets. IT WILL be made right. Anyone who does not do this is a heathen.
e65.gif

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019

Nightmare.
These times it's better to just sleep in the sofa with a blanket

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Yes. YES.

All sides (and bottom) must be tucked in under the mattress. This is so heat does not escape as well as keeps the bed "tight". One top corner where I get in will remain slightly untucked. I will often tuck it under the mattress as I get in. The results are almost waking up in an embryonic state. Totally warm. Snug but not too tight. Just perfectly fitting my body as I wake up.

I'll spend 30-40 minutes making me bed with fresh sheets. IT WILL be made right. Anyone who does not do this is a heathen. How in God's name can you have your naked feet out from under the blankets? Utter savagery
I agreed with everything you said until the 30-40 minutes part. If it's taking me that long, it's because I'm laying on top of the pile of sheets and blankets while watching TV. Seven minutes is all you need, tops.